The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #1231
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Well I guess it's a good sign that it can survive, what with the battle of turtle shit going on. I guess the filtration is good enough...
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #1232
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

The ammonia level from the poop usually wipes them out.

I ended up with a HUGE (probably 6-7") goldfish that started as a feeder for my Piranha.
After a while, they just didn't bother with him.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #1233
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Goldfish can be surprisingly hardy. We got one from the fairground when I was little. He lived for about 15 years irrc. And for the last 5-6 of those years he was totally blind - he was put into another tank for about half an hour whilst my bro cleaned his tank out - and the other fish in that tank bit out his eyes. still kept going.

He was called Tom.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #1234
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yesterday, Popdigr picked two fresh, ripe tomatoes off his tomato plants. Yes, he still has tomatoes, even though they were covered last night, they still took a pretty hard frost hit.

It made 25° last night here. 21° is some parts.

Name:  temps.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  43.8 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #1235
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Brrrrr.....
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #1236
glatt

Name:  10395843_612113408893596_8229012779496837553_n.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  68.6 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #1237
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I still have three tomatoes in the garden, they're green and likely to stay that way. I ate the last two ripe ones last night.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #1238
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

glatt, that is so funny...goes along with my post in the mental health thread on ways to get to sleep.

I would replace strange noises (which don't bother me much unless it's on a Paranormal Activity level) with "Ways in which I've totally failed."
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #1239
glatt

I lump the total failure category in with the "why did I do that?" category. But I totally hear what you are saying.

And I saw the other thread after I posted this and was kicking myself for not posting it there. It would have been perfect!
Old 11-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #1240
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Heh, 'why did i do that' sounds innocuous enough that if i had a successful life I might ponder it.

'ways in which I've totally failed' refers to catastrophic failures. Like, lifetime stuff.

Just messing with you. Part of my shtick is self-deprecating humor. Part of it is true.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #1241
monster
I hear them call the tide

Thor missed school on Friday to play in a hockey tournament. I emailed the usual "series of appointments with solidified hydrogen dioxide experts" excuse (this is maybe the 5th or 6th time between the two boys in a very small/close-knit school, all the teachers/admin know what he is doing....) I just checked in Powerschool (the online electronic grades/attendance record) and he is marked down as having a medical excuse
Old 11-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #1242
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I remember one time last year I emailed the school and told them Mav was going to clown school that day. The lady that processes the emails responded by saying I'd given her the best laugh she'd had all day. It was the end of the school year and there was nothing doing at school.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:16 AM   #1243
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Goldfish can be surprisingly hardy. We got one from the fairground when I was little. He lived for about 15 years irrc. And for the last 5-6 of those years he was totally blind - he was put into another tank for about half an hour whilst my bro cleaned his tank out - and the other fish in that tank bit out his eyes. still kept going.

He was called Tom.
I had a long lived funfair goldfish too. I was studying World Powers of the 20th century at the time. Our cat Tinker ate Mao, rather appropriately. But Ho Chi Minh lived for years . With eyes. He was my first minion. I trained him to swim into my hand so I could clean his tank. The net spooked him. Then Muffin ran off with it anyway. The net, not the dictator .
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #1244
glatt

Somebody is drunk at Google maps. I started to report all the mistakes I found in this neighborhood in North Arlington, but it would have been much easier to draw a picture rather than use their push pin method of reporting mistakes. So I just commented that the whole neighborhood is wrong.

Everything in pink was drawn (and labeled!)by a drunk intern and doesn't exist in the real world. Everything in red is in the real world, but not on their map.
Name:  google maps mistake annotated resized.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  84.7 KB
They have fixed a major thoroughfare since I saw these mistakes last night. That one was finny, because there was no road on the map, but if you turned on traffic, it showed a green traffic band going through the woods.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #1245
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Looking at a new series on Netflix... And this one-star review of the show in question gave us pause, then snickering, then cackling:

Quote:
Only a man-hating (also boy hating) 30-40 year old over the hill angry hag feminist (or closet gay male) could enjoy this show. A show about a man with large peniis? A female pimp? Really? Why are HBO, STARS, MTV and Hollywood so hostile to heterosexual males? They must not want our business. How long until the lead character in this HBO series has clients who are gay or transgender? It won't be long. Sooner or later HBO will turn everything gay. They always do! Why is it that heterosexual males continue to watch this anti-male crap. Then again, I guess they don't! I just heard that this anti-heterosexual male show has been cancelled. Good riddance! It was just another hateful anti-heterosexual male movie by liberal HBO! They wont even let us males see a ring girl in HBO boxing, but they feel the need to blast us with over head with over the top gay programing. Hollywood, HBO and Showtime also feel the need to show a mans peniis in almost everything they make, but NEVER a females vag!na! They just keep showing the same old tired and lame female breast shots or sometimes, very rarely (a censored with genital wig) bush shot. HBO has a double standard when it comes to full frontal nudity. And for all those females who want to say that HBO and Hollywood have been showing breasts forever, well breasts are in no way equal to showing genitals. Lets see some uncensored full female nudity! I hate censorship! More and more heterosexual male subscribers are dumping HBO and Cable. HBO has lost a ton of male subscribers over the last 3 years! HBO and cable are very worried, but continue to blame it on other factors. If you are a heterosexual male that feels the same, JOIN US! -dump HBO and cut the cable cord!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote