The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 11-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #76
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I also agree it is best not to be a terrorist. JB - I don't think the WND is the best source for news.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #77
JBKlyde
Banned

another big problem I am have-ing is my trigger finger.. when I attept to knock the living shit out of some one how should I punch when defending my self?? Not a clue.. but my cousin is raise-ing 3 girls and a boxing gym and that sounds fun to me....
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #78
JBKlyde
Banned

this is mike d and the beastie boys at there best and most of what I wrote prior to 911 was without seeing this viedo...so can elivs stay or what?? It's the greatest song that has ever been recorded in my book...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORYO0atB6g

Last edited by JBKlyde; 11-08-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #79
JBKlyde
Banned

Received on Nov 2..

Don't let Congress "shutdown" the effort to fix Medicare!
Dear Jason,

Now that Congress has finally moved beyond the 16-day government shutdown and debt ceiling debate, a limited number of days remain on the legislative calendar for lawmakers to repeal Medicare's sustainable growth rate (SGR) formula.

Repeal is needed this year to end the ongoing threat of payment cuts that will impact a patients' choice of physician and access to the care that they need. Reform is needed to transform Medicare into an effective, 21st century model of care for patients.

We know partisanship isn't going away in Washington, D.C., but that doesn't mean legislation has stalled or that problems can't be solved. This week the Senate Finance Committee and the House Ways & Means Committee announced a joint framework that would repeal the SGR and move towards Medicare reform. Significant policy details and refinements remain unresolved, but the committee work and communication between lawmakers and patients must continue if repeal of the SGR is to occur this year.

Keep the pressure on Congress!

You can send an email to your representative and senators or place a phone call today via our toll-free grassroots hotline at (888) 434-6200.

Urge lawmakers to continue working in a bipartisan manner and tell them to elevate repeal of the flawed Medicare SGR formula to the top of their priority list of unfinished legislative items that must be passed in 2013.

Be sure to visit FixMedicareNow.org for the latest information and resources on the AMA's campaign to engage physicians, patients and policymakers in the effort to repeal the flawed Medicare SGR formula and achieve reform that will transform Medicare into an effective, 21st century model of care.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #80
JBKlyde
Banned

November 24 – Belgian paratroopers and mercenaries capture Stanleyville, but a number of hostages die in the fighting, among them Evangelical Covenant Church missionary Dr. Paul Carlson.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #81
JBKlyde
Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgians
Old 11-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #82
JBKlyde
Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanleyville
Old 11-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #83
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
Received on Nov 2..
Urge lawmakers to continue working in a bipartisan manner
Wait a sec ... When did that happen again? One party is pretty united against the other and the other is horribly fractured. "continue"?
Old 11-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #84
JBKlyde
Banned

Woodburne 1947 Plane Talk

A long trip in an airplane is an interesting experience and it is startlingly awe inspiring when clouds have shut out the sun to be lifted up in a few minutes into the warmth and beauty of clear sunshine. Or when looking down from cloudless skies, the river and roads farms field's and forest blend into one colossal mosaic with varying shades of greens, browns, and yellows; while highways and streams become ribbons of silver and grey. It is as if some gigantic window of stained glass from a celestial cathedral were laid over the face of the earth. And all dirt is dispelled by distance.

Such thrilling delight and comfort while sor-ing aloft is made possible only by a thorough and adjustment to laws of aerodynamics. The mighty surge of power that enables a plane of many tons to "float the air with the greatest of ease "is possible only by rigid adherence to definite fixed principles"

It surely is not an over simplification to say that a similar adherence to known laws in social and spiritual relations of man would supply a resurgent by which to "mount up with wings as an eagle" to loftier levels of life and conduct and character. Obedience to the laws in the spiritual relations of man would is the only way to out distance feuds and hates and ugliness of action, and by which man kind can overtake clear-sighted understandings of other men of other faiths and other colors and other standards of living.

We trust our lives to the will and skill of the airline pilot. He is usually hidden from view away out in front guiding the traveler to his destination. So too there is a Great Invisible Pilot away out in front to take the controls and guide us in the spiritual sphere to our journeys end. From a plane st night over a great city, it's myriad electric lights seem similar to a star-studded sky underneath. So in life's dark hours the child of God is under-girded with a galaxy of golden texts that glisten and glow and gladed the spirit. Dose all this seem fanciful and fantastic? Well they said that about men flying not long ago.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #85
JBKlyde
Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_A...s_Constitution
Old 11-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #86
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ele...Ronald_Reagan)
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #87
JBKlyde
Banned

http://humortrain.com/post/35500179937
Old 11-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #88
JBKlyde
Banned

and the deception was that the picture of the "black hole sun" was really a very brilliant light how ever odd it may oddly you look at it...
Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #89
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

The security council is in recess.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #90
JBKlyde
Banned

and we need an O-AS like O-AS_IN_BIZAID