The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 06-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #46
monster
I hear them call the tide

Thanks, limey, she's not, but I don't think she plans to follow that suggestion either

She repoting that she can't taste anything anymore Not a whole shitload I can do about that. I hope it's not permanaent for her, i understand it can be hit and miss.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #47
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

lemon candies helped me -- the kind you suck on. Anything citrus-y would help.

Love to her.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #48
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Thanks, limey, she's not, but I don't think she plans to follow that suggestion either

She repoting that she can't taste anything anymore Not a whole shitload I can do about that. I hope it's not permanaent for her, i understand it can be hit and miss.
If she's a knitter then the gift of some really luscious yarn (high silk or alpaca content, for example, a couple of skeins) would be appreciated by her, I'm sure, to knit a little something for herself ...
Old 06-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #49
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Monster, if your friend wants any help with eyelash regrowth after chemo, a product called Latisse works WONDERS. I highly recommend it IF she is having trouble growing her lashes back to pre-chemo length, thickness and darkness. Mine came in sparse and very, very light-colored and my eyebrows haven't recovered. My head hair is back to it's old self, though is still short but, now that it's a bit longer, it's wavy, not curly anymore *thanks gods*
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 06-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #50
monster

Excellent tip, thanks Brianna, I'll pass it on.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #51
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

How's your friend doing Monnie?

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #52
monster

She's having the second chemo right now as I type. It's been rough, but this morning she was almost back to her old self. This time next week she'll be bald as a coot. prolly. poor thing, although the current weather is the best weather you could have for it if you have to go bald. Although the sunburn danger is a killer.

She got her hair cut progressively shorter in preparation, and she was saying she's getting lots of comments like "what did you do to your hair?".... People can be so goddamn rude!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #53
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

People can be thoughtless sometimes.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #54
monster

Yebbut that's just rude. Making unpleasant personal comments.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #55
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yes. It is rude. Certainly, I think it is rude and I am pretty sure it's not something I'd say, even at my most thoughtless, or drunk. Then again, some people have a bluntness about them, like they operate within a different set of boundaries. I have a friend like that. Lovely lass, but she can floor someone with a sentence and not have the slightest awareness she's done it; and is about as sensitive and empathetic as a house brick.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #56
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I got stared at all the time. If someone was too obvious I'd say, "Training. Olympics." which shut them right up.

When I decided to ditch my wig I got all KINDS of looks ( I was at Uni then ) the kids all said they thought the wig was my real hair. Meh, I still have the wig and can have long hair again in an instant.

The hair thing, though, monnie, was VERY traumatic for me. I was bereft. SOBBING.

Does your friend know she'll go thru menopause, too? (It's an added bonus)

—James Barrie

Old 06-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #57
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

[quote=Brianna;576862]I got stared at all the time. If someone was too obvious I'd say, "Training. Olympics." which shut them right up. [quote]

I love it Bri!!!

I had a co-worker like that Monnie - I finally broke down and asked him what gave him the right to be so rude and judgemental - he blamed it on mild Turretts. From then on I just told him when he was being rude and he apologized. Worked out well.

And Fuck Cancer.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #58
monster

yes, she knows, thanks Bri -she's happy about that aspect.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #59
monster

....aaaaaand she's bald. I had no idea it would be so quick, no wonder it's so traumatic. Saturday, a full head of hair -if a little thinner than before- ...nothing by Monday night.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #60
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

She hanging in there Monnie?