The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 10-22-2003, 10:11 AM   #16
dave

And that one hurts even more, because Use Your Illusion (it's on both CDs, for those that are unaware) is <b>awesome beyond compare</b>. One of the finest rock albums ever. And yes, I'll agree, that ending sucks...
Old 10-22-2003, 01:39 PM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

The ending of Don't Cry doesn't bother me too much, though we made plenty fun of it when it came out.

The RevCo song though...yeah. Al was probably hitting the smack big time at that point. Maybe if it had been 30 seconds or so, it would have been more tolerable.

Underworld--Cups: That song is fantastic, but in the last 2 or 3 minutes (it's an 11 minute song), it changes tune...it sounds like it's trying to gear up for the next song (Push Upstairs), but doesn't quite get there.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:19 PM   #18
breakingnews
Q_Q

You know, I don't really like the end of Stairway to Heaven either. I always felt it wasn't very Led Zep-esque. The transition from the jam back to the melody is just way too rough ... too much time smokin the ganj.
breakingnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #19
G. Willaker
Person Who Has Posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave
<b>Derek and the Dominos - Layla</b> - Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What the fuck, Eric? The song ruled beyond comparison until 3:08 in, where it manages to suck for an extended ending of almost <b>four minutes</b>! It just doesn't fit at all. I need to edit the MP3 and just delete that part. The music itself isn't horrible or anything, but it fits about as well as I do in Jenni's pajamas (i.e., not at all).
Aw dude, are you kidding? The ending is cool. The melodic guitar playing kicks ass... Well, okay it doesnt "kick ass", but its nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasly
I think the ending to Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" is pretty retarded. They just kinda mash on their instruments for a bit but it sounds like shit.
Dammit, thats another cool song ending, IMO. Whats going on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxCougar
A few I will eventually mention, but for now:

The Eagles, Hotel California.

Don't get me wrong. I love the song. It's just that after the last verse, the music goes on FOREVER. I just get bored with it and hit the "next song" button. It's great music, just too damn long. I have the attention span of a gnat and don't have
Oh no way, this one takes the cake! No offence or anything, but thats one of the greatest song endings ever made! I mean, we all have a right to our own opinions and all, but for me, as much as I like the singing, the verses are basically filler until we get to that awesome guitar solo from Felder and Joe Walsh. Speaking of whom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_pastrami
One that was slightly amusing the first time, and incrementally more and more annoying subsequent times, is the ending to Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good." It fades out, and then a voice says "Uh oh! Here comes a flock of wah-wahs!"

A number of human voices then proceed to make duck-like "wah-wah" sounds for a minute until it finally fades out.

Maybe it would be funnier if I was high.
Damn, now things are getting weird. I liked that one too! Got a laugh out of it and I wasnt even stoned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
Hey Jude.

The endless refrain is a volcano in my brain.
Well, fair enough, that one does go on and on...

Anyway, I must admit I'm surprised at some of the choices (especially Hotel California), but whatever floats your boat. Or sinks it.
G. Willaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #20
Ibby
erika

nobody DARE say the five-note Freebird solo.

I both love and hate the end of See You In Hell by Grim Reaper, with the 18-second long note...

Personally, I think Livin' On A Prayer (Bon Jovi, for those few that don't know) could have ended right at the end of the solo...

And, though it is one of the best songs ever created, Bohemian Rhapsody shouldve ended at the very end of the headbanging bit.
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #21
romuh doog
A person with no friends is a. lonely b. friendless c.smelly

Spooky tooth.....

You broke my heart so I busted your jaw......
romuh doog is offline   Reply With Quote