The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 09-07-2003, 12:31 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

9/7/2003: Sea of Harleys

There were a bunch of images this week of the bikers in Milwaukee for Harley-Davidson's 100th anniversary. This was the best I saw: this pack is in parking lots preparing for their parade of 10,000 motorcycles.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:26 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's about $250,000,000......plus another $100,000 for helmets.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:37 PM   #3
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Boy, that's a shit load of Harley's. I'd hate to be there when those things take off since I almost go deaf when one passes me on the road. Kinda like an F-14 doing a fly by at 100 ft altitude.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 02:47 PM   #4
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

WooHoo, and they'll be here in York later this month for the Annual Openhouse

I'll be prepared to fight the urge to buy one Sorta!

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 05:34 PM   #5
Leah
Love my Heffalumps

Boy would I ever hate to be the one who accidentally dropped my bike at the end and caused a domino effect. Run like crazy.
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No problem Leah. It's just a bunch of middle age farts pretending to be marlon Brando. They'd never catch you.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:07 PM   #7
Leah
Love my Heffalumps

How funny would that be then. They would probably have their walking sticks out ready to swing a hit at me. Good on them.
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 06:53 PM   #8
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by Leah
Boy would I ever hate to be the one who accidentally dropped my bike at the end and caused a domino effect. Run like crazy.
I was in Key West when this idiot started up his scooter, lost control, and crashed into 3 other scooters parked in front of him. Everyone gave him disgusted looks. I told him he should be glad the Hell's Angels don't ride scooters.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:04 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Heh, heh, heh

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 06:07 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:56 PM   #10
gossard187
Caste-Away

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
Boy, that's a shit load of Harley's. I'd hate to be there when those things take off since I almost go deaf when one passes me on the road. Kinda like an F-14 doing a fly by at 100 ft altitude.
A couple F-14's flew real low over my house today, scared the heck out of my cat who was sitting in the open window at the time. Guess he doesn't see that too often. Fortunately the vertical blinds appear to still be intact.
gossard187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 09:11 PM   #11
arz
Hand-of-Kindness Extender

Quote:
...this pack is in parking lots preparing for their parade of 10,000 motorcycles.
Unfortunately, only 3 were able to start and run long enough to complete the .25 mile long parade route.
arz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 09:25 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Now Arz, that's not nice.(giggle) Actually over the last dozen or so years they've gotten pretty reliable. I think it was the Jap electrics as well as the Evo motor that did that. They hardly leak oil any more too.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:31 PM   #13
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by gossard187

A couple F-14's flew real low over my house today, scared the heck out of my cat who was sitting in the open window at the time. Guess he doesn't see that too often. Fortunately the vertical blinds appear to still be intact.
Thank God it didn't overload his little ticker I do a lot of environmental work on several military bases and I've almost dropped dead from a heart attack on more than one occasion from the fly-by's and such. I think March Air Reserve Base in Riverside, CA is the worst though. No matter how many times you hear them and you know their coming, your heart (and ears) literally hurt when they take off or fly by really low. Lucky you have vertical blinds, horizontal ones might not have fared so well

Old 09-09-2003, 08:26 AM   #14
dynaryder
Person Who Has Posted

LUVBUGZ: go to Rolling Thunder(the Run to the Wall) in Wash DC some Memorial Day. We average about 100-120k bikes each year. The north parking lot at the Pentagon usually gets filled and it takes about 4hrs for everyone to get downtown. The sound is indescribable.

arz: 15.3k miles on my Twin Cam Dyna,8k of which was after I hopped it up over 100hp. Zero mechanical probs,no oil leakage. The Twin Cam motor is as reliable as anything from the land of the rising sun.
Attached Images

dynaryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 09:03 AM   #15
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by dynaryder
LUVBUGZ: go to Rolling Thunder(the Run to the Wall) in Wash DC some Memorial Day. We average about 100-120k bikes each year. The north parking lot at the Pentagon usually gets filled and it takes about 4hrs for everyone to get downtown. The sound is indescribable.
Nice Ride Dyn. I'd like to do that sometime, but I live in San Diego so it would require a really long drive (expensive, considering gas prices, although not as bad once you get out of CA) or a plane ticket w/ car rental (expensive too). Anyhow, since I definitely pose no threat to the Jones', I can't afford such pleasures. I think I know what you mean about "indescribable sound".....the Winston Internationals come to mind or the Thunderboat Races on the Bay