The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 08-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #46
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

I don't know about the Cards - Milwaukee looks like it's in a repeat of the '06 swan dive right now and the Cubs are charging. Plus, as a survivor of Braden Looper myownself, I can't put much stock in a team that looks at the guy and thinks "#2 starter".

I agree the Sox haven't shown much offensively to date, but from what I'm seeing, that's on the change. Their pitching is still a major force in the League, and Ortiz/Manny are starting to wake up, bringing the rest of the lineup with them. They're averaging about 6 runs a game since the break, if I remember right. The Yanks have a legit shot at the wild card (2 back of Cleveland, 1.5 of Seattle), but the division? Nah.

I like the Mets grabbing Castillo for peanuts, will love it when Beltran gets back and makes a middle of Reyes-Castillo-Beltran. Liked the pickup of Marlon Anderson off waivers a few days before the deadline - the guy is a phenomenal bench presence, and I really regretted losing both him and Woodward over the last couple years. I will now spend the rest of the day in front of my baseball altar praying that my faith in Pedro's return has not been spent in vain.