The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-26-2002, 10:02 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

2/26: 4 year old Palestinian with AK47

Every time there's a kid being taught how to kill and suicide-bomb, I post it. Today from Yahoo Most Popular comes this one, of a 4-year-old, and yes that is an actual AK-47 in his hands.

The caption reads: Four-year-old Palestinian boy Hussein Jarboo holds an AK-47 assault rifle during an anti-Israel and anti-U.S. rally organized by the Palestinian Public Resistance in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip, Monday, Feb. 25, 2002. Headband says "Friends of Martyrs."

Cute kid.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 10:22 AM   #2
dave

Just don't squeeze his cheeks. That makes him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:40 AM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

Maybe we should start kidnapping these kids and buying them ball gloves. *grumple*
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 01:33 PM   #4
warch
lurkin old school

*Grumble, Growl, Scowl*
Many people are telling and teaching what to think and how to act everywhere. In Palestine, Pakistan and the good old US. Too many (but not most) 4 year olds in the world are commando-crawling with *live* ammo- the image is meant to shock and frighten. There is a lot of hate and revenge in the name of defense being taught (through practice). How much war, terrorist games or 9/11 has entertained you today? or your 4 yr old?

I want information. I want smart, grown-up leaders. I want those in the military, particularly the ones I know and love, to use their lives wisely. I dont want to be bombarded by jingoistic, great brotherhood of warrior-heros, slow-motion, feel-good vs evil, cammoflage fashion, this is how we grieve, pep rallies.

This daily, macho world testosterone level is really getting on my nerves. But what can I do? Turn off the TV as the Weather channel's very special special on the "Atmosphere of WAR" is on, and focus on teaching a 4 yr old how to print her name, to mix warm and cool colors, and to not eat the dog's food.

Ok, rant is over...for today.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 02:04 PM   #5
Nic Name
retired

For every kid with an AK-47, how many thousands will be trained on Ethnic Cleansing computer games?

‘White Power Games’ deleted from Yahoo ‘Briefcase’

By Bob Sullivan

MSNBC

Feb. 19 — Yahoo.com has removed racist video games from its Web site in the wake of a report issued Tuesday by the Anti-Defamation League. The games, the league says, represent a growing trend of hate groups trying to spread their message by adapting popular video games to promote violent racist and ethnic messages.
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 02:23 PM   #6
BruteForce
Lead Subordinate

and don't forget about this one: http://www.underash.com/emessage.htm
BruteForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 03:09 PM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

There is a voluntary action program called Project Children between Northern Ireland and the US where you take kids out of that kind of enviroment for the summer and place them with an American family. The kids are nominated by their teachers and ministers, being identified for their leadership potential. They try to show kids that its possible to live peacefully in a diverse society. The Irish American band Cherish the Ladies played a fund raiser near here a couple years ago to help fund its mission.

I guess the difference in situations is that the IRA and its counterparts are increasingly fringe groups. Unfortunately, when I see Hamas and Israels elected government, I wonder if most people there are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to achieve peace. I've never heard of a similar program to Project Children between Jews and Muslims. The Irish troubles had to be solved in America as well, since Americans were funding the terrorists. Do American Jews and Moslems have the will to stop the flow of money (from all sources)which supports terror? It seems the two situations have some key differences, one funding route being different with American taxes being part of the problem....
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote