The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 09-09-2003, 02:21 PM   #16
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Welcome to the Cellar Dyna. Who made the pipes?
Old 09-09-2003, 05:44 PM   #17
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
I do a lot of environmental work on several military bases and I've almost dropped dead from a heart attack on more than one occasion from the fly-by's and such. I think March Air Reserve Base in Riverside, CA is the worst though. No matter how many times you hear them and you know their coming, your heart (and ears) literally hurt when they take off or fly by really low.
I lived a stone's throw from March AFB in Riverside, Norton AFB in San Bernardino, RAFs Lakenheath, Alconbury and Mildenhall in England, and Nellis AFB in Vegas. I once heard the noise described as "The Sound of Freedom". It made it somewhat easier to bear. And I got used to it. When I moved farther from the base in Vegas, I was kind of edgy at first, and I didn't know why....then I realized I wasn't hearing the jets. I'm a recovering jet-wash addict, I guess....

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 06:17 PM   #18
dynaryder
Person Who Has Posted

Bruce: Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe. Sounds good,but a touch loud. I tend to mind the neighbors and take it easy on the throttle,even if they can't returm the favor with their car stereos and alarms. :-P
dynaryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 06:19 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Just tell them to wear helmets.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:30 AM   #20
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar

I lived a stone's throw from March AFB in Riverside, Norton AFB in San Bernardino, RAFs Lakenheath, Alconbury and Mildenhall in England, and Nellis AFB in Vegas. I once heard the noise described as "The Sound of Freedom". It made it somewhat easier to bear. And I got used to it. When I moved farther from the base in Vegas, I was kind of edgy at first, and I didn't know why....then I realized I wasn't hearing the jets. I'm a recovering jet-wash addict, I guess....
Really Onyx, you're probably the closest I've come to a Cellarite in person, most everybody else seems to live on the east coast. I've never worked on or near Norton, but have done a lot of work near Nellis. That wasn't bad at all though because they never got too close because the work I was monitoring followed a powerline road. It was neat near Nellis because the Thunderbirds practiced their maneuvers daily so it was like getting a free sky show every day. When I worked on March I was actually right on the flight line so it was up close and personal. Loud, but still neat to see our boys up close.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote