The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #61
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

That's a great idea. I wonder if my profs (i.e. their teaching assistants), who put lecture recordings or slide shows up on the online web site within the university, would burn CDs (audio) or DVDs for me? I'm missing classes and going over the material from the web site at night. Brilliant! I'll ask tomorrow.
Thanks, monster!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #62
monster
I hear them call the tide

yw and I bet they would.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #63
monster
I hear them call the tide

....and if not, maybe dwellars could send you some dwellar lectures and slides on DVD.........

Old 09-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #64
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If you're bored, whip out a Bic during therapy and watch the tech shit him/herself.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #65
orthodoc

Well, I'm glad to say I have to eat my words from last week. Hyperbaric oxygen is working!! I now look like I crashed my racing bike and made a one-point landing, and have terrible road rash ... but the color is right and there's capillary refill. Wow. I'm totally impressed.

Bonus: I have no lightheadedness after treatments (I've been having a little trouble with fatigue and lightheaded spells since surgery - haven't adjusted to being acutely anemic). And my thinking, memory, and focus are better for several hours post-treatment ... so I'm going to finish studying for this Biostats quiz in the next couple hours and CRUSH it.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #66
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
If you're bored, whip out a Bic during therapy and watch the tech shit him/herself.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #67
orthodoc

Umm, yeah. That's the effect we're trying to avoid ...
Old 09-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #68
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
Well, I'm glad to say I have to eat my words from last week. Hyperbaric oxygen is working!! I now look like I crashed my racing bike and made a one-point landing, and have terrible road rash ... but the color is right and there's capillary refill. Wow. I'm totally impressed.

Bonus: I have no lightheadedness after treatments (I've been having a little trouble with fatigue and lightheaded spells since surgery - haven't adjusted to being acutely anemic). And my thinking, memory, and focus are better for several hours post-treatment ... so I'm going to finish studying for this Biostats quiz in the next couple hours and CRUSH it.
Fabuloso! Keep those positive visualisations at it and smack that quiz upside the head!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #69
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Awesomesauce, Ortho.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #70
orthodoc

A quick update ... things have been a bit up and down. Not too surprising. I had a skin graft done and a meds port put in this week and together the procedures knocked me down a bit. Lots of medical appointments, a look at the chemo center, and final plans for chemo.

I wish I knew less. I'm trying to dredge up my courage for chemo (starts Oct 11), knowing the potential complications. It doesn't have to go well. I just had a month of ridiculous, uncommon complications after a fairly straightforward surgery. My right eye is stable and I haven't gone on to a retinal detachment, but I have the same symptoms in my left eye now. I assume I've had a vitreous detachment there too.

This week I have some non-invasive tests, but the big one Friday - the whole-body PET/CT scan that looks for mets - has me chewing my nails a bit. On the other hand, this week should be my best since early Sept and I hope to catch up on school work and just feel good.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #71
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Hang in there. Eat chocolate!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #72
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I wish I knew less.
But you only know what can happen, you don't know what will happen. So don't pay interest on money you haven't borrowed, M'kay.

Hows this for some easier said than done wisdom?
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #73
orthodoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
But you only know what can happen, you don't know what will happen. So don't pay interest on money you haven't borrowed, M'kay.

Hows this for some easier said than done wisdom?
I like it. After all, wisdom is always easier said than done, right? We aim for the present, for the calm - don't always achieve it, but we know it's the goal. And yes, today's trouble is enough. No need to borrow.

@limey - chocolate, yum! (thank you thank you thank you - looking for local sources as good!) Will stock up on chocolate!