The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Oh hai my name is Monday morning

If Friday afternoon deserves its own thread, surely Monday morning should have a place where we can come beat up on it with tire irons.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Cloud

damn you!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
glatt

How ironic is it that we finally bit the bullet and are ready to spend a few grand on new gutters, and the roofers had to cancel the scheduled installation again today because it's raining too hard?

This cold rain sucks!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had a lousy Monday morning - very glad to see the back of it
It snuck out while I was trying to sort out my manager's pc/ laptop, with an IT support desk that really weren't listening to anything I said.

It started even worse, as I was woken up by HM caterwauling at gone 02.00 - my eyes wouldn't focus enough to work out the exact time. I hoped for a "Sorry about last night" note when I got up - I know I'd have left one - but there was just a sticky floor where beer had been inexpertly wiped up.

In his defence, it's the only time he's done it on a work night.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

This particular Monday morning was much like last Friday afternoon for me - Full of anticipation!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I like Monday. It's waaaay better than sucky sunday when nothing but old night of the living dead movies are on and you're too lazy for anything and it feels like forced nursing home visitation day.

I like Monday!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
Dingleschmutz
is not a palindrome...

I woke up at 7:00, realized that since I showered last night, I could spend the 20 minutes or so that I would normally use for a morning shower to try to justify using a few hours of paid time off to sleep in some more. In doing the math and justifications to figure out how much would be an acceptable amount of paid time off to waste on a stupid reason, I woke myself up past the point of being able to fall back asleep, so I just came in at the normal time. Few things will make your body as angry as tempting it with a few more hours of sleep, only to pull the rug out on the idea at the last second. I've spent the whole day giving everyone the cold shoulder, or staring them down for a few seconds before I give a monosyllabic response to whatever stupid question they dared to ask me. And it's even a casual day today, I wonder what sort of carnage I'd cause if it was a normal dress day.

Sorry Brianna, Mondays most definitely suck, you're wrong.
Dingleschmutz is offline   Reply With Quote