The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #76
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I know that pain. Your illness is a 'fake'. You are NOT depressed, or alcoholic or suffering from PTSD---YOU ARE WEAK! You can control alcoholism, you can THINK yourself to health! PTSD? What are you? Some kind of coward/loser? Oh, I know it. Wolf has a very similar reaction to junkies----she can't stand them, they seem weak-willed to her and perfectly capable of just saying NO. (thank you, Nancy Reagan) brain chemistry gets FUCKED UP over prolonged periods of stress, drug and alcohol use and so on. the brain is plastic and NOT STATIC. Wires get HARD wired into it; it mutates itself; it re-sets itself to the new norm. Pisses me off, really.

She's out to break you----I've had two bosses very much like her. One got fired and the other---after I left (calling them all thugs to their fucking faces) had her institution close down. I'd get a lawyer. And make notes. Detailed; no matter how insignificant the matter may seem. patters is what we looks for precious. Patterns.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #77
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

also====if a doc writes you off work----can't you be off work?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #78
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Never mind notes. complain. every time. make them keep the notes.
they won't keep any notes. They'll round file everything. After they've shredded it.

—James Barrie

Old 02-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #79
glatt

Does your phone have a voice note recording feature? You should turn it on before any meeting you have with HR or your boss, and slip the phone into your pocket out of sight.

Ohio has a one party consent law, which means that you can record any damn thing you want as long as you are a party to the conversation. You're consenting, and that's all you need. Your phone's memory will eventually fill up, so you need to figure out how to back up those voice notes off your phone and then delete them from the phone to free up space.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #80
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
they won't keep any notes. They'll round file everything. After they've shredded it.
Can'r you ask for a copy when you make a complaint? I thought that was the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Does your phone have a voice note recording feature? You should turn it on before any meeting you have with HR or your boss, and slip the phone into your pocket out of sight.

Ohio has a one party consent law, which means that you can record any damn thing you want as long as you are a party to the conversation. You're consenting, and that's all you need. Your phone's memory will eventually fill up, so you need to figure out how to back up those voice notes off your phone and then delete them from the phone to free up space.
that's interesting. And kind of scary. but seems like it might be a good approach here....
Old 02-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #81
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

OHIO is a scary state. It's close to being a Nazi state, really.

the local cops (oh, all my good buddies) are all megalomaniacs with inferiority complexes.

—James Barrie

Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #82
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post

get a bigger memory microsd card. 32 gb for $30 will hold a VAST amount of recording.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #83
Nirvana
Back in 10

You're a smart girl Infi you will know what to do.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #84
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

No, I won't.

I was looking online at jobs at nonprofits, at jobs at the zoos or the parks. I can travel great distances for 10 bucks an hour no bennies, or I could be a nurse for a nonprofit (but I'm not a nurse) or I could use a time machine and take that part timey zoo job and start a career as a kid that, by now, I'd probably have a decent place in.

There is nothing out there, nothing I can survive on alone.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #85
Nirvana
Back in 10

I'm sorry Infi. I don't really know exactly what you do. The only thing I qualify for is animal husbandry. When people stop eating meat I am fucked
Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #86
infinite monkey

Oh, I'm just in such a funk. All the things I love to do, pay nothing.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #87
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
"I can see why you may be confused about my title since Assistant starts with ASS and analyst starts with ANAL, but after that the similarity ends. But I do like the way your mind works. *wink*"

Just an idea.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #88
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
I'm sorry Infi. I don't really know exactly what you do. The only thing I qualify for is animal husbandry. When people stop eating meat I am fucked
I bet your hubby must be making secret donations to PETA in that case.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #89
infinite monkey

Quote:
"I can see why you may be confused about my title since Assistant starts with ASS and analyst starts with ANAL, but after that the similarity ends. But I do like the way your mind works. *wink*"

Just an idea
snorted out loud

One of these days. I will get to say that one of these days.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #90
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Oh, I'm just in such a funk. All the things I love to do, pay nothing.
Name:  farside-hopeful-parents.gif
Views: 191
Size:  71.3 KB

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote