The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 11-24-2004, 07:52 AM   #1
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Light Rain Today...Uh huh...Right.

They missed the forecast slightly. Extra day off for the holiday!
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2004, 12:10 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Should make the pizza delivery extra fun tonight.

Will the tips buy you a set of snowtires?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:51 PM   #3
Elspode

Actually, I don't work pizza again until Friday night...I'm part time fill in. My Explorer's tires are relatively new, and four wheel drive should keep me going.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:30 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Light Rain Today...Uh huh...Right.
Did they say where? It was here.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #5
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Eh, I heard that Missouri was getting snow 2 days ago...where are you getting your weather from, Ep?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:54 PM   #6
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
Eh, I heard that Missouri was getting snow 2 days ago...where are you getting your weather from, Ep?
Farmer's Almanac?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:57 PM   #7
Elspode

The heavy stuff was supposed to have stayed South of KC Metro. We had a small chance of light flurries when I went to bed last night. We had thundersnow! It was cool.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:03 PM   #8
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Thundersnow sounds like a band name !!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2004, 01:49 AM   #9
marichiko

I love thundersnows! By the way, your snow came from Colorado. We had it last weekend for me to deliver phone books. It's OK, you don't have to thank us, we've got plenty of snow to spare for everyone!
Old 11-25-2004, 07:28 PM   #10
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Send some snow here to DCLand! We had a rainy, foggy, nasty day on Wednesday. I'd rather have a snowy, foggy, nasty day. At least I get to play in the leftovers the next morning.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:44 PM   #11
marichiko

Hmmm, as I recall the last time we sent you guys in DC a snowstorm, you all just flipped right out. I was visiting DC myself at the time and watching the DC drivers try to deal with the stuff was hilarious only because I myself never drive when in DC (that's what God invented the Metro for). The whole city shut down over the same amount of snow that a Coloradoan would shake off their coat after walking from their car into the house! (I'm teasing you, we'll see what we can do to help you out!)
Old 11-26-2004, 12:48 AM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

No snow, just freakin' cold and windy here. The car told me the outside temperature was 37F when I was leaving work at midnight, and I think it's expected to go lower.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:24 AM   #13
warch
lurkin old school

We had lovely flurries just as the Thanksgiving toast was raised, but nothing accumulating, until tonight. Were supposed to wake up to snow on Saturday. That's magic-go to sleep rusty brown and wake up sparking white. Beautiful.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:28 AM   #14
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Everyone ready to kill me? It is a practically balmy 65 degrees here. We all took a pleasant stroll around the neighborhood after eating to start working off all those extra servings of stuffing.

But the day before yesterday it was hailing!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 06:44 AM   #15
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Hmmm, as I recall the last time we sent you guys in DC a snowstorm, you all just flipped right out. I was visiting DC myself at the time and watching the DC drivers try to deal with the stuff was hilarious only because I myself never drive when in DC (that's what God invented the Metro for). The whole city shut down over the same amount of snow that a Coloradoan would shake off their coat after walking from their car into the house! (I'm teasing you, we'll see what we can do to help you out!)
Ah yes, I remember. DCLand did flip out but *I* thoroughly enjoyed it. Bring it on! Really, around here people get whipped into a frenzy when they talk about anything more than 1-3 inches and even that will set people off. Though VDOT did a pretty good job keeping major roads clear after the first big wave of snow. They more or less said 'Fuggit!' after the second and third big waves. Maybe I should move to Colorado. Or BuffaloLand, NY. Or Michigan. Or Minnesota. Or Chicago...

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote