The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-17-2004, 10:01 PM   #31
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Okay...who's up for a road trip to Rhode Island?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:03 PM   #32
JeepNGeorge
Hand-of-Kindness Extender

They say it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done.

I'm still trying to write that book idea I had while in Vegas. Then maybe I wouldn't regret flushing a couple of grams of good coke and some LSD down the greyhound bus station bathroom.
JeepNGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:40 PM   #33
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepNGeorge
They say it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done.

well, this opens up a whole 'nother realm of possibilities.

I regret not getting it on with 2 chicks.

I regret not having a 9" schwanze. ( if only it was a little shorter, I could lead a normal life . No more blood transfusions before sex...sigh)

I regret not getting it on with THREE chicks.

yeah. ok, that's all of em
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:44 PM   #34
blue
Operations Operative

I'm SO up for the road trip.

What color we're you born with Stacey?

OC: That pretty much left me speechless.

I gotta go now, because it's starting to thunder and lightning out, this may be the big one.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:48 PM   #35
JeepNGeorge
Hand-of-Kindness Extender

We will have live streaming footage of rain and dark skies in just a minute for you blue.
JeepNGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:07 PM   #36
staceyv
Lecturer

i was born bald, had blonde hair from age 1 1/2 - age 6, and by age 8 i had a deep brown with auburn highlights. i went blonde at age 21....
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:03 AM   #37
homerjackson
Expectorant Inspector

What I regret the most........I regret giving up my dreams for a girl. I promised myself a long, long time ago that I would never let a girl come between me and my dream. But it happened, I feel.... and I feel hard. I got married 3 days after my 18th Birthday. I've been married for 10 years and she decides that she wants to be on her own. During that 10 years, I slowly gave up my dream (career goal) because I decided that I wanted a family and just as we start to plan the family....just as we are going to start the baby machine....she up and leaves. Why, I really don't know. But now, I'm stuck with no dream, no family and no wife. I feel like I've lost everything.

So, in short, I regret falling in love....but I hope I can again....someday.....if she doesn't take the heart in the divorce.

(Sorry, having a bad night)
Old 04-18-2004, 01:54 AM   #38
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Sorry to hear that, Homer. If you don't mind me asking, what is/was your dream?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:10 AM   #39
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by homerjackson
What I regret the most........I regret giving up my dreams for a girl. I promised myself a long, long time ago that I would never let a girl come between me and my dream. But it happened, I feel.... and I feel hard. I got married 3 days after my 18th Birthday. I've been married for 10 years and she decides that she wants to be on her own. During that 10 years, I slowly gave up my dream (career goal) because I decided that I wanted a family and just as we start to plan the family....just as we are going to start the baby machine....she up and leaves. Why, I really don't know. But now, I'm stuck with no dream, no family and no wife. I feel like I've lost everything.

So, in short, I regret falling in love....but I hope I can again....someday.....if she doesn't take the heart in the divorce.

One thing not to regret, you didn't start the baby machine and then break up. Outside of pro-sports, most dreams can be pursued at 28 at least as effectively as 18. You know more now, get after it!
Old 04-18-2004, 07:25 AM   #40
homerjackson
Expectorant Inspector

That's a good question.

Let me start with was, what was my dream. Every since I was 10 years old, I wanted to work in the movies. I loved, and still love movies. I wanted to write/direct/produce/act. I started to write while I was in high school and I performed in every play. That is how I meet my wife, we were in a play together. I even when to college on a drama scholarship.

Now, here's the funny part of all this. I met Wilford Brimley while I was going to film school (to make a long story short, my brother-n-law introduced me) and Wilford told me that to get in to filmmaking I should forget school and just get in. Work 18 hr days for little to no money. I thought long and hard about it and decide that, with a wife and someday children, I couldn't do it. Family was more important. So I gave it up. Do I regret it? No. I think I did the right thing at the time.

So what is my dream now? I don't know. I still have the dream of having a family (the white picket fence and the whole works) but part of me says "screw that, it will never happen" and I should find a new dream because this dating crap sucks. I've only ever dated one girl in my life. I don't know how the game works and I hate playing games. I've already tried to date and got shot down so I know I'm not good at it. Plus, the field has changed. Now, not only do I have to compete with other guys, but I also have to compete with girls for girls. What kind of shit is this.

So I'm working on another dream, something I should do with my life, because I've always believed that I would change the world somehow, even if it's my own personal world. People have been telling me for years that I'm funny and I should do stand up. I don't know if I have the confidence to do it anymore, to get up in front of a crowd. Hell, I can't even confront a girl and take her to the movies, buy her dinner, how the hell am I going to make people laugh.

Well, sorry for prolonging the answer to your question. As you can see, I've been feeling pretty sucky the last couple of days.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:42 AM   #41
qtpatootie14
Confounded Conjuror

[quote]Originally posted by lumberjim

ick.

take that back
[/QUOTE

Ok then...i'm not sorry...
qtpatootie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:44 AM   #42
qtpatootie14
Confounded Conjuror

Quote:
Originally posted by homerjackson

That story makes me sad......I could just picture myself in that situation.....something I would probably never get over...
qtpatootie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:08 AM   #43
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

HJ, here is my own divorce thread in case it helps any

I was in a similar situation to your own. About six months after she left, I am happier than ever.

Dating, it turns out, is easier than you think and simpler than you think. There is minor protocol to learn, true, but you soon realize that in the end we're all just human beings, getting along as best we can, seeing whether we get along with each other. That's all it is. And I'll wager your odds are fine; you're just seeing things now through the horrible post-breakup lens. It gets much better... and then it again has the chance of being awesomely wonderful.

Life is ups and downs and you need the downs to appreciate the ups.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:56 AM   #44
homerjackson
Expectorant Inspector

Undertoad, I have a question that I hope is not too painful, because I know it's painful for me.

How did you deal with the fact that your wife will someday be with someone else. That is what is killing me right now. Although my wife sucked at being a wife and I wont miss that, but I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that somebody else is going to hold her, somebody else is going to love her, somebody else is going to see her in those nice little bra and panty sets that I bought for you from Victoria Secrets. And Damn, that hurts.

I know that I need to get over it and move on and that is the hardest thing for me to do. It's only been a month, I hope your right and five months from now I will be back to my old, old self.

Last edited by homerjackson; 04-18-2004 at 09:58 AM.
homerjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:14 AM   #45
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I think someone in the D thread pointed out something that was really true about it. You lived with her for so long and so closely bonded that she became a part of you. Your emotions were intertwined, your decisions were made jointly, etc. so when you imagine her with another guy, it's like it's incomprehensible.

But eventually you will think of her as her and you as you.

It helped me to see that the first decision my ex made on her own was obviously a terrible decision - pathetically wrong in almost every way.

There's one for the "would you rather" thread. I got full disclosure of what was going on in her life. I got full disclosure that when she went on vacation on her own, she hooked up with one of the staffers and had hot monkey sex for days in a row. I knew the guy's name and their plans together. I knew when they broke up. I know when she dated again and what happened on the first few dates. She told me everything.

Well, many people get NO information at all. What would you rather? I'm pretty sure that I prefer it my way. It's dramatic, it makes a good story, and it helps to see and understand what happened and even to get over it all.

Then again, I have never ever been the jealous sort.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote