The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #1801
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

now you know we'd never do a thing like that....
Name:  images.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  4.7 KB
Old 07-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #1802
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

After YEARS of my hubby complaining about me not having a driver's license, I go take the test. I pass. I now have my L... which means I can not drive without someone over 25 with a full license with me. Add to the fact we have a standard, and I need a coach to guide me through the stalls, starts, and lurches I know I will do. So for 3 days I have had my L, 3 days I have been off work, and 3 days in a row.. he does not feel like taking me out... GRRRRRR
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #1803
Pensive Monkey
Purveyor of Brilliance

I'm more than mildly irritated at all of the people who pretend not to know how to tell time. I work in retail, and we close at 9 p.m. Anytime I shop after, oh, 7 or so, I check the hours of the store I'm going into to make sure I won't overstay my welcome. One might think that we just want their business. But it's not true. I'm getting paid little over minimum wage whether we have late customers or not. I don't want to be standing around watching you destroy our displays half an hour after we locked the doors. I want to go home and be with my family.

We recently had a creepy man come in after 9, but the doors had unfortunately not been locked yet. At 9:30 he was in the fitting room. Walking by, one could easily see his bare legs and -- gag -- tighty whities laying in a heap on the floor. He was trying on pants in the buff.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #1804
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's what you think.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #1805
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Yeah, I expect he was hoping you'd come in and throw him out. Or something.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #1806
Pensive Monkey
Purveyor of Brilliance

Bleck.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #1807
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

My 17 yo (baby) left for Romania today. She will be gone 10 days. She is going with her church on a mission trip to work in an Gypsy Orphanage in the remote mountains. This is her second trip. I still worry about her when she is gone.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #1808
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hanging with Gypsies... in the land of Dracula... no problem.

Seriously though, you can at least take comfort is the fact your worries are 99.999999999999% unfounded, even though unavoidable.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #1809
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

We had a staff retreat yesterday at a park. It was a very nice day. Anyway, there was a Godfather's pizza across the road. I haven't had a Godfather's pizza since HS, when it was tradition for me and my best friend to cash our checks from our summer job and go get a pizza and a pitcher of pop.

They didn't open until 4, and it was 3:45 when I went by. As I'm back in my crappy car, and it was stalling and acting bitchy, I decided to just go home: by the time they opened and made my pizza, I would have been hitting rush hour.

But now today it's commercial after commerical on the TV for Godfather's pizza. I don't remember even seeing GF commercials before today. Damn it looks good.

That's all, pizza cravings.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #1810
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

New bogan neighbour's little white fluffdog spends more time over here than it does in its own yard....Clyde has a tendacy to chomp other dogs, which is a concern, but he keeps trying to root this one....which is more concerning coz he's huge and its tiny.

I keep my dog contained, why cant others do the fucking same????
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #1811
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

The liquor store guy told me this afternoon that Knob Creek had run out of whiskey and it will be nine years before it would be available again, due to the nine year aging process.
Can this be true?
I can't find anything to back his story up, and I've searched rather diligently. Why would he tell me that? To make me buy more? I think he's a fucking liar.
Anyone heard anything about this?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #1812
Pie
Gone and done

Sort of true.
http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/2009/...run_out_of.php
Quote:
Knob Creek has done run out of bourbon
By Owen Morris in News
Wednesday, Jul. 8 2009 @ 12:15PM

Knob Creek is one of the more popular bourbons in America. In fact, it's too popular. The Louisville Courier reports that the Clermont, Kentucky, distiller just tapped its last barrels dry and the next ones won't be ready for six months.

One of the bourbon's strongest selling points is that it's aged in wooden barrels for nine years, double that of many whiskeys in the price range. The long aging process results in its distinctive sweetness -- but also means having to forecast sales nine years out, which an executive at the company, in an understatement, called "difficult."

Spirit companies usually make more than one brand of the same spirit, so when supplies gets low for one liquor, they can divert stock to the other. But even though Knob Creek is owned by Jim Beam, the company can't switch the two because Beam is only aged four years.

Not surprisingly, Knob Creek is trying to use the shortage to its advantage. Though it has yet to run out, the company has printed T-shirts marking "The drought of 2009" and delivered empty bottles to stores with notes saying "Thanks for nothing."

The next batch of Knob Creek will be ready to go in November, but some analysts believe supplies will go dry long before then, causing consumers to switch to other bourbons. If that happens, don't be surprised if Knob Creek taps the November barrels early and drops the "aged nine years" tag from its bottles. After all, whiskey that is still aged eight years and nine months is still damn good.
More confirmation here and here.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #1813
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Thank you, Pie.
Now excuse me while I prepare to shoot myself....J/K

I can live with Gentleman Jack.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:08 AM   #1814
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I think it is very interesting that the shortage is now. Are whiskey sales up with the economy crook?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #1815
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

It's just near impossible to predict sales trends nine years into the future. Winning nearly all awards from the "whiskey professors" has boosted sales of this bourbon and highly escalated it's popularity. I will purchase several more bottles on Monday to safeguard a shortage in the capnhowdy camp. Around 40 bucks per 750ml. Ouch. Ahhhh.

Tags
mild cheddar