The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 02-17-2004, 11:17 AM   #16
CrySanctuary
Ballroom Whore

I've never personally been a fan of such shows.

I know so many kids my age that are growing up thinking that this is how it really is! Their whole lives revolve around the Bachelor and who he'll pick next...

It's all fine and dandy when you can enjoy a show, but when you don't even finish your homework because you're too captivated watching this shows...it's quite sad.

The only non-educational television I enjoy is crap on Comedy Central (Daily Show, South Park, Reno 911, etc...) -- but at least that is humor, not something claiming that the only real way to find love is to go onto a television show and compete for money against 19 other women Cripes!

Whatever happened to the History Channel? *smiles*

Sanctuary
CrySanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:11 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Whatever happened to the History Channel?
They sold out too.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:39 AM   #18
CrySanctuary
Ballroom Whore

Have they, now?!

Shame. Though, I'm not surprised. I tune into it once in a while, Modern Marvells(sp) and documentaries here and there... But not enough to get a feel for the content itself.

I know Discovery Channel sure has changed. Went from Wild Animal Kingdom to Surprise by Design - oh oh! But Wild Animal Kingdom is still on... at 6 a.m.!!

Sanctuary
CrySanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 09:25 AM   #19
Vilia Sonoben
Just a Balance

You've failed to mention any kind of Idol in any way. You lucky bastard. The worst reality television show that I've ever come in contact with was and still is American Idol.

The contestants are bad, the judges are worse, and Ryan Seacrest (the host) has yet to spin a joke to at least make me twitch. Better yet, Mr. Seacrest is becoming contact famous. How convenient.

The only thing I can find to enjoy is Simon's nose. Does anyone else notice how it twitches randomly? It's quite amusing to devote your time to while ignoring the shrieking/shrilling voices of those trying to be the next Kelly Clarkson.

And about My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee. That show is satan. Satan, I tell you! This single man (and of course many others behind the camera) is acting horrible and lying to a young, catholic girl that the producers shoved into doing the show. *Then* he and this wacked out girl (Randi, I think.) hold hands and wreck a good, strong families moral values.

It would almost be fun if the sound of Randi's tears weren't so disturbing.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:57 PM   #20
headsplice
Relaxed

Reality TV is like crack. You know it isn't good for you. You know it's destroying your brain. But you just can't help yourself. Fortunately, I'm what's known as a functional addict and can limit myself to one show a week.
And btw, Real World: San Diego is awesome. Drunkeness, no debauchery (yet), and already two cast members have been arrested! WOOHOO!