The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #4321
glatt

Butt dial?

I've taken my phone out of my pocket before and seen that I've called my nephew. He is listed first in my address book, and it's happened a few times. So I created a new dummy entry in my address book under Aaaa Aaaa and it points to my own phone number. Now I will hopefully only be butt dialing myself.

Anyway, you won't be listed under the A's but maybe your contact entry was selected for some reason and it got dialed by mistake.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #4322
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

That could be. Weird that it wasn't her normal phone number, though, but she answered. Maybe it's not her husband's phone. She might have another phone with the other number. I honestly can't figure out how to edit these stupid numbers. I created a new listing for her using her first name twice just so I'd call the right number. It's a mess. They get those freebie phones for po' folk. Voicemail not even set up.

I guess I'll just have to worry all day.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #4323
infinite monkey

Crazy people going crazy and making crazy threats and cops having to come and not finding him and putting out an APB while he probably went to get his pet gun.

Hey, crazy fuckers...do everyone a favor and off yourselves. No one wants you around here anyway.

Like the crazy guy who responded to my cow orker's "hello" with a "shut up."

GAWD WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE ALLOWED TO KEEP BREEDING?
Old 04-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #4324
infinite monkey

I finally got ahold of my friend. She's all "hey, whatcha doin'?"

HAHAHAHHA. She said she called this morning becasue she knew it was going to be a nice day and wondered what I was doing after work. Bozo. She has never called me at that time before. Typically I'll call her or she'll call me after work. I told her "I was worried all day!"

Silly goose. Me AND her.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #4325
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Butt dial?

I've taken my phone out of my pocket before and seen that I've called my nephew. He is listed first in my address book, and it's happened a few times. So I created a new dummy entry in my address book under Aaaa Aaaa and it points to my own phone number. Now I will hopefully only be butt dialing myself.

Anyway, you won't be listed under the A's but maybe your contact entry was selected for some reason and it got dialed by mistake.
Smarter than the average bear.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #4326
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Knee-his.

I am getting dressed for the new nuthouse and just threw out a pair and a half trying to find some without holes or runners.

Pantyhose cross the line into completely annoying. I save those for extremely special occasions.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #4327
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Knee-his.
??

SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #4328
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

knee-highs ...
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #4329
infinite monkey

I messed up my netgear settings or something: power to the router went out (I think the power strip is dying) and I started messing around with the settings. Now I don't know what the 'key' was and can't logon at all. Posting from phone. The suxxors. I guess ill have to call but as I've said before I hate doing that and I've put it off.

Id like to clone myself but the clone will be a techie, a clean freak, a handywoman, and good with financials. Ill just pay the bills and...I guess that's all I got.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #4330
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

We have someone in to fix our boiler.
Mum just hurried upstairs and hissed in a panicked way, "He's going to check the radiators!" Imagine someone delivering the line "He's got a gun!" in a whisper.

Followed by, "I don't know if he means every room but for God's sake go and pull your quilt across!"

This is because I've had to sleep downstairs the last few nights as my coughing keeps Mum awake. I go to sleep until woken up by coughing, then head down to the living room where she's laid out the sofa cushions on the floor for me with sheets and blanket. I haven't technically made my bed today because, well I just didn't. I was only in it for about an hour and anyway it's a single duvet.

And to think a man she will never see again might have to come into my bedroom and SEE THAT!!!!!

I have whisked the duvet across the mattress so as not to cause any moral distress to the gasman. I'm also about to go and feed Diz, which will make the hall smell of catfood. Something that terrifies Mum, in case someone comes to visit at the exact same time. Tough. The boy has a routine and the gasman is being paid. It's not like I'm smearing myself with excrement and dancing naked in front of him.

I'm bound to be in trouble when he leaves though.
She'll need someone to take it out on - she went for a friend of a friend to do the last lot of repairs and it's ended up costing a lot more in the long run.

ETA He's just performing his terrifying check. As he came into the room Mum said, "Sorry, our daughter's moved in with us, so we've got all her junk in here."
Old 04-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #4331
glatt

A friend of mine is an electrician, and he has stories of really bad customer houses. Not like yours. Yours sounds normal.

But one guy had electrical problems, and my friend couldn't physically get to the outlets to check them, there was so much trash everywhere. The guy was a hoarder. So my friend explained that he couldn't do the work until a path was cleared to each outlet. The guy couldn't do that, so my friend left without fixing anything. I don't remember if he charged him the base fee for the showing up. I think he did.

An unmade bed is literally nothing.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #4332
monster
I hear them call the tide

I know everyone will lob rotten tomatoes at me for being a bullying interfering sppoilsport who doesn't understand, but I just can't bite it any more...... Sundae, when you feel the urge to bake a cake or mail something across the world, maybe you should take that 10 quid and stick it in a bank account for which you have no card and which you name you "getting my own place fund"?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #4333
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

As hobbies go it's pretty fucking low cost. It gives an enormous amount of reward and validation for a very small investment and acts as a kind of social currency which boosts morale and self-confidence.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #4334
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Sundae, when you feel the urge to bake a cake or mail something across the world, maybe you should take that 10 quid and stick it in a bank account for which you have no card and which you name you "getting my own place fund"
^^^THAT^^^

I've been getting REALLY frightened lately by how many times I find myself agreeing with her lately.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #4335
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Who, me or monster?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar