The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 07-13-2005, 08:19 PM   #16
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
Actually if you look at the original 2001 photo, that lady doing the belly flop looks a little like the lady on the left hand side (in green) of this photo.
and it looks like the same swimsuit from 4 yrs ago?

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #17
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

I hate to admit it, but I live about 4 miles from the 2002 image. I know almost everyone in the pic, and I am fairly good friends wit Randy Tidwell. We call him Elbow (for what reason only christ knows). He is kinda like the icon for this bullshit event, which was just held here on 9/10 July. Damn, I can't believe I missed it...hohumm.....
We've had this for a few years now. I went to the second one out of curiosity, and it didn't take long to realize I DIDN'T FIT IN. Folks around here are fanatical about it. They say it puts our town on the map.
My opinion: It broadcasts the fact, (nationally, I might add) that from this town hails the most dumbass sumbitches ever recognized. Of course that's just MY opinion, right?
It is held at Buckeye Park in East Dublin, Ga.
The "park" consists of..... a public boat landing.
People from all over the world....and parts of Alabama have patronized this great cultural event. Don't miss it next year.... but don't look for capnhowdy.
BTW.. Mr. Tidwell isn't like this in real life. He's just stoopid without the ugly face.
Sorry about that, Randy............
Old 07-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche
and it looks like the same swimsuit from 4 yrs ago?
Don't think so unless it went from 2 pc pink and purple to 1 pc green.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:09 PM   #19
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That's cool Capn! I can't believe the Cellar brought you around to this, rather than the other way around. We have people from all over the world...

Well, the original 2001 image was the one that got the Cellar FARKed for a day, which lead to the current "most users ever" number that for some reason I've left on the front page. It's still a great photograph.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #20
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
Actually if you look at the original 2001 photo, that lady doing the belly flop looks a little like the lady on the left hand side (in green) of this photo.

"they" say.... all rednecks look alike....
Old 07-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #21
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

BTW again....
MORE INFO: www.wqzy.com
our local radio station.......
Old 07-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #22
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Well, the original 2001 image was the one that got the Cellar FARKed for a day, which lead to the current "most users ever" number that for some reason I've left on the front page. It's still a great photograph.
That's when I found the Cellar. Lurked here for a little while before joining. You guys are a lot smarter than the Farkers. I haven't been back there much since.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:32 AM   #23
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Don't think so unless it went from 2 pc pink and purple to 1 pc green.
my bad. I was thinking of another image from this years beauty pageant.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #24
Anton
May Ter Dee

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazzers
Call that mud? Try the Glastonbury festival I was at a couple of weeks ago. Over a months worth of rain in 8 HOURS. Now there was some mud...
Yay! I was there too. I was pitched about 300 metres further up Pennards Hill from this little catastrophy....

That photo is a bit old, the water was at it's highest first thing in the morning when the portaloos were floating on the surface! But the mud was fun. I had no wellies! Nightmare Typical Glastonbury newbie I was!
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:39 AM   #25
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Portaloos sound so much nicer than portapotties, but I know they aren't.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:47 AM   #26
Anton
May Ter Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Portaloos sound so much nicer than portapotties
Not when they are floating on their sides next to someone's tent depositing.... well.... you get the picture!!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Yeah, I do get that bit. Nothing containing that much crap is seaworthy.

So, is Glastonbury just a big hippie festival, or is it a pagan event, and how close to the Tor is it?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #28
Anton
May Ter Dee

It's just a music festival really. There may be a few hippie types there, but certainly no pagans! Well, not that I noticed. But everyone is really chilled out and friendly. I had a couple of wicked nights (before the rain came!) sat up by the stone circle (it's like a minature stone henge) chilling with people and listening to a big group of folk improvise on the bongos until the sun rises again. I got a wicked photo taken with my phone of some guys stood on one of the stones making a very pleasing silhouette against the sunset. If I can get it onto my PC i'll post it. Just wish I had something decent on me to take the shot with.