The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #8911
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
wacky yewbaccy. Your sense of humor is intact.
That's more than a lot of people have going for them.

Give yourself time and prioritize what you want to remember and what to forget. You've got to free up space on your hard drive and trim your RAM usage. Think Mac classic for a while.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #8912
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

That's me, a cute little Mac classic ... although my RAM will choke and die when I have to put together my PowerPoint presentations with streaming audio and upload them to the online learning site.

I'm gonna free up space on this hard drive, though, starting with my daughter's booked flights (3 trips) home this spring. Rebooking on Southwest has no change fees, but all the fares have gone up. To keep anywhere close to what I paid originally she has to be picked up/dropped off at the airport in the middle of the night, a 2-hour drive each way. Every time I rebook (because she doesn't know yet when she'll come, she just isn't coming this weekend) it'll cost more. I found this out last night, taking time from studying to pore over flights through Sept and coming up with nothing.

So I've decided to stop agonizing over it and throwing good money after bad. She will miss her flights and lose the money this month and next. We'll see about April. If she wants the April trip changed she can pay the difference. Otherwise these $400 flights will end up costing $600 or more each. She can save toward her airfare when she wants to travel.

There! That was easy. Eat the loss, why should I mind losing that much money, right? If I've watched my budget and carefully put aside funds so I could help her while I eat rice and beans, well, I can afford it, right? It's just one more way she's picked my pocket this winter (she asked me to book the flights after she'd decided not to re-enroll, saying she needed to come home more often during the semester - I think she just wanted some plane tickets available for use whenever, once the sh*t hit the fan).

Hard drive clean(er) and re-organized.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #8913
monster
I hear them call the tide

vision
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #8914
orthodoc

Sorry monster
Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #8915
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Shit Monster, I'm sorry.

Orhto, good for you.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #8916
Nirvana
Back in 10

What is upsetting me? All that money for health care and it doesn't seem like it helps anyone. Go see a Dr REALLY?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #8917
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
What is upsetting me? All that money for health care and it doesn't seem like it helps anyone. Go see a Dr REALLY?
Amen. The only doctor's who help you out are the one;s who get indicted for helping hurting people out.

ortho----chemo brain does sort of go away. Now, the pain in my legs and my loss of balance...fairly new. Maybe (hopefully) MS so I can die slow and painfully, the way I;ve lived. Karma;s a beeyotch, Trilby. rememeber that, stupid girl (me, not you)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #8918
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I feel ill and I don't know why. I'm feeling very low and depressed.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #8919
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

You mentioned elsewhere that you've stopped all your meds, including the antidepressants. Could that have something to do with it?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #8920
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Yeah, what meds, also? The half-life for Effexor is the shortest, and the withdrawal after one day is horrific.

Did you just stop cold turkey? Did you do it under a doctor's care? It can be dangerous, MTP. Take care of yourself, will you?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #8921
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I stopped cymbalta, seroquel (I hadn't been on it long), abilify, and some med they gave me for PTSD called prazosin. I don't have PTSD, just bad nightmares about work.
Yes I stopped cold turkey, yes I know it was bad. But I couldn't function on the drugs, I think the seroquel was the worse of it. I stopped pretty much the day they fired me. I tried taking seroquel the other night and then couldn't function for 24hrs. I just couldn't do the drugs anymore and clearly they were not helping me with my job which was the whole reason I was taking that shit anyway.
Don't worry, I don't plan on not being under a doctor's care. I just have to find a new one, one thats not gonna insist on putting me on drugs. I'm done with them. I want to be in therapy and all I'm just waiting until I have new insurance.
I have a touch of bronchitis and I haven't been feeling well since I bumped my head yesterday morning. Maybe I have a concussion.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #8922
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

goodness, mtp. That sounds bad. Werent' you an antibiotics for your bronchitis? Make sure you monitor yourself.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #8923
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

That Seroquel can be powerful stuff. I am prescribed it, and when I first took it, I got knocked for a loop. However, I have the tolerance of a mule, and after a few days, I was OK with it. Still, if it's not helpful to you, I sure wouldn't mess with it. Hope you can find a competant doc to monitor your meds. It's no fun when some idiot doctor gives you a script for something that makes you feel even worse.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:57 AM   #8924
orthodoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
It's no fun when some idiot doctor gives you a script for something that makes you feel even worse.
Sometimes it takes perseverance and honest discussion to figure out what works when you've asked for help in a crisis.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #8925
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
Sometimes it takes perseverance and honest discussion to figure out what works when you've asked for help in a crisis.
Absolutely! I have had doc's who have been outstanding in this way. I also have had physcians who are spread far to thin, attempting to serve a large patient population in underfunded clinics.

Alas, this is my situation at the moment. I see my doctor every 3 months whether I need to or not, and she is available in y town only 2 days a week. The rest of the time, I've have gotten med advise from a woman who has training as a medical assistant - not even a PA. In once such instance that advise turned into a disaster.

Tags
swiss