The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #4486
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

I logged into the cellar for the first time in half of forever and I'm mildly irritated with myself because I've been gone for so long I feel awkward trying to post.. like I'm interrupting everyone.

Last edited by Razzmatazz13; 08-01-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Razzmatazz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #4487
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

just start blabbing. That's how it's always been. How it is now, and how it always will be.

I'm glad to see you back. xx
Old 08-01-2012, 01:58 AM   #4488
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Thanks! I missed you all, I'm just not sure I realized how much until after I logged in.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #4489
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

You have been missed Razz. Check out the APB thread. I'm sure you've been mentioned a couple of times at least.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #4490
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Razzle!!!! *cheers*

Hi babes, how's life? :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #4491
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I sure don't.

All I know is a friend of mine was there and wrote "Possibly the most intense concert I've ever attended."

And he's been to a bunch.
It was. I have no criticism of the performance, just the venue.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #4492
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Whoever the doctor is, they should call her on the 2nd to remind her of her appointment, right?
That's what I'm hoping. But I worry that she'll get the two appointments mixed up (the one on the 2nd that she IS going to that I made for her) with the one on the third that she can't remember with who or where. Even when I write things down for her in BIG BLOCK LETTERS and put it where she'll see it, she forgets.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #4493
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Razzle!!!! *cheers*

Hi babes, how's life? :P
Life is pretty good right now. I'm glad to be back
Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #4494
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

We're all irritable in my house at the moment.
I'm waiting on a prescription renewal, so I have a reason. They're dealing with me being home for the holidays (or rather not dealing with it).

We've had a number of clashes over lunch. Ridiculous.
On Friday, Dad was supposed to call me from the supermarket to make sure he picked up what I wanted, not his own guesswork. This is a regular issue he has with Mum and he was going there after all - I wasn't forcing him. He forgot his phone. Comes back completely unapologetic. Fine. He then says he's going into town later anyway, so I assume this means I'll get a lift. 20 minutes later he leaves the house, no word, no notice. Oh. Okay. Fine. It's 12.00 and I have no lunch.

12.20 he gets back and says he will run me into town. But first he has to have lunch. What he means is he will put his own lunch in the oven to cook for 40 minutes before sitting down to eat it, then wash up and tidy away. I asked him would he please let me know as soon as he was free, I'd be ready to leave as soon as he was. I go downstairs to find him watching the Olympics.

All silly and petty, but bearing in mind if he'd taken his phone none of this would have mattered. Also had I known he was going to run around town all morning, I'd have got on the bloody bus and gone into town first thing myself. It wasn't me being lazy, it was just trying to fit in with other people's plans. I ended up eating at 14.00 and was very grumpy about it (and it was horrid too).

Similar thing happened yesterday. I was ready to eat by 12.30, but I didn't want to do so in the crash, bang, wallop that is the 'rents preparing for lunch. So I hung on. And hung on. 13.30 they decide to start making lunch. Sigh. So I asked Mum to let me know as soon as the kitchen was free because I was starving. 14.45 I can still hear her racketing about in there, so I went down intending to get a bowl of cereal, anything. She's preparing dinner. "Oh I forgot." As she has taken up the table and the side I ate a sandwich standing up. Not quite the careful deli-selection with bread I had planned.

So today I stole a march on them. Dad had been fannying about in the shed (where the freezer is) since 11.30. No way was I going to let the same as yeaterday happen. I asked politely if I could get into the freezer. He swept everything off the top in a huge dramatic gesture. Stupid old fucker. Hope he broke something important. "Lovely!" I said, and scrambled what I wanted out of the freezer, tipping half the opened stuff out of their boxes and packets as I did so (very VERY childish especially as I accuse him of doing it - I always find half my frozen fruit mingled with peas and prawns at the bottom of the freezer because he just doesn't take things out with care).

Anyway, cooked and ate lunch by 12.15. It was horrid (probably got the cooking time/ temp wrong, didn't dare go back to check) which serves me right.

Mum's back home now. Dad is back to being Mr Jolly. Not Mr Toys Out of the Pram.
I still feel like bursting into tears though.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #4495
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Oh, Sundae, Sundae. I so wish we could get a house together. I'd let you do lunch all the time as I couldn't care less about it.

Hugs. I know how impossibly annoying 'rents can be. Just yesterday I was visiting mine as my older sis came up from Cincy to give them pictures she'd taken in Maine. We were having a pleasant time when my sis said, "Im sorry but I'm going to have to go - it's too hot in here!" (my parents never,ever, ever turn on their a/c) and I said, innocently, "Oh, I know what you mean. I do hate the heat. I have my ceiling fans and a/c on almost all the time...when I get hot I'm a real bitch," and my DAD, the old fkker, said, "How can we tell?"

oh, dad. You're so very witty. Someday you'll be shitting yourself in some nursing home and I'll be tra-la-la-ing all over town.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #4496
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm calmer now.
I should never take a "break" from my meds. I know this. And it's the worst possible time to do it, when we're thrown together for most of each day.

My trouble is, I'm as bad as them (probably worse). Because they are so set in their ways re the times they do things, I have come to depend on it.
So if they choose, in their own house, to delay lunch to watch the Women's Olympic Marathon finish, I get all hoity toity. I really should take my own advice - just ASK.

This evening I am going to thaw a bagel, and make it up at breakfast time tomorrow.
Bagel in fridge, healthy lunch, tasty lunch, no stupid squabbling.

We'll have to have Staff, Bri.
I do think we would kill eachother otherwise.
But with that proviso I accept your kind offer of co-habitation.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #4497
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Gah. None of my business, but.....
Are you planning on leaving/moving out? Are you saving any money to that end?
Perhaps this is THE WORST TIME to ask, but you've been circling the bowl with this issue for some time and it seems to be a major issue within the relationship you have with them.
I'm just asking because I care. Sorry if its too soon or whatever. Feel no need to reply if it'll make things worse.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #4498
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I cannot afford to move out.
Nothing to do with saving - my outgoings would oustrip my income every single month, living hand to mouth.

The only ways I could afford to move out are
1) Share with a stranger. More expensive than living at home and potentially even more awful.
2) Be eligible for social housing. It would still be extremely hard to make ends meet and I would probably have to give up luxuries like owning Diz. TV, computer & phone would all be out of reach. But I am considered adequately housed until my parents move, so I'm not even on the list, although I still apply every fortnight.
3) Win money.
4) Start a relationship.

I have my ups and downs at home.
I come here to vent is all.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #4499
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Fair enough.
I don't really understand the housing situation there at all.
All I know is that its very different from here.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #4500
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I take home approx £650 per calendar month.

A studio flat/ bedsit costs from £450.
Council tax - £100 (approx depending on area - can easily be £200+)
Gas/ electric - £30 conservative estimate
Water - £30

That's without a TV licence, line rental for a landline, any kind of broadband and just about anything to keep you on your feet from groceries to personal hygeine to prescription charges.

Tags
mild cheddar