The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 01-27-2007, 05:07 AM   #1
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Dreams with a Message

I had a dream last night with a very clear message, "You're doing something very wrong, now stop it."

I never remember my dreams, but this one is burned into my head. My subconscious knows how to get it's message across.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

what is it that you're doing wrong?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
what is it that you're doing wrong?
In as few words as possible: I've been allowing my manipulative side more control over my actions than I'm comfortable with.

Kind of eerie how you picked such an apt user title for me.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I would describe the dream, but since other peoples' dreams are never interesting I'll spare you.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant View Post
In as few words as possible: I've been allowing my manipulative side more control over my actions than I'm comfortable with.

Kind of eerie how you picked such an apt user title for me.
eerie lke a fortune cookie
Old 01-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #6
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Those types of dreams usually involve symbols. I've figured out some of my dreams but most of mine I don't remember.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Those types of dreams usually involve symbols. I've figured out some of my dreams but most of mine I don't remember.
My dreams are pretty straight forward, very little symbolism, usually someone/something in the dream just comes out and says it.

The other night I was hit and yelled at in a way that let me know what I was doing wrong in no uncertain terms. The dream was so intense that I woke up covered in sweat, with my heart racing, and sitting upright in bed.

I remember perhaps one dream every 2-3 months.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

There are three types of dreams. Lucid and two others I can't remember.

The first type is the most common. These are just usually dreams of daily events that will have a little different twist to it. These dreams usually don't mean anything. For example if you dream that you are sitting on your couch and a friend asks you to watch a movie with his grandma, that is usually this type of dream.

The second type are the weird ones. These are the dreams that make no sense but if you break it down, you can usually find out what it means or get at least a good guess. For example, you are senior in high school and you dream that you are waiting in line for a ride with four people from your school that you didn't really know. You get on the ride and you accelerate really fast and you wake up nauseous. This dream means that life is moving too fast for you and you wish you could have had the time to gotten to know people that you don't currently.

The third type is called a lucid dream. These are the ones that you realize that you are dreaming and you can control them. These will sometimes coincide with the second type of dream and you can figure their meanings. For example, if you got raped as a little girl but was traumatized to the point where you couldn't remember the face of the man. You dream of a car chasing you at night, the headlights are shining on you and you can't see who is in the car. You can't get away from the car but it never kills you, just follows, and this dream happens night after night after night. Then you have a lucid dream where you get the car to stop and you look into the car and see the face of the man who raped you.

I usually only remember my dreams when I wake up and go back to sleep.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #9
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

I usually only recall dreams that have water in them. If I dream of water means I need to get up and pee. So I do.
It is my "clue" to wake up and take care of business...
hh
Old 01-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #10
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Dreams are just your subconsious 'defraging' the data from the recent past. It's just your brain putting everything in the compartment where it's meant to be.

Lucid dreams are the ones where you're interupted or disturbed into wakefulness during a dream - usually through external influences.

Sometimes there's a lot of symbolism in dreams, and they can be your subconscious' way of telling your conscious mind something you don't really want to know or accept.

My husband always dreams he's dying. He was doing that before we met, so no, it's not my fault! I think he just has too much stress and he feels things are out of control a lot.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #11
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I hear you actually want to die in dreams.

Like if you are falling or something in a manner that leads to death but you wake up at the last minute usually symbolizes a problem but when you actaully die in your dreams, it is suppose to symbolize that you are over that problem.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #12
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Hmmm...well he must have a lot of problems he solves. lol He's always dreaming of dying in all manner of ways!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:51 AM   #13
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had Cellar dreams over the weekend. LJ, Bruce and Wolf all starred.

Although Bruce shared a space with Noel Edmonds (bearded British TV presenter) who was on the TV programme I watched directly before going to bed and Wolf was mixed up with a woman from Dawn of the Dead - again I watched before sleeping.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #14
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

Last night I dreamt that I was being shot at. I could see the bullets coming at me. They were moving slowly enough that I was able to dodge out of the way at the last possible moment, sometimes I was able to evade completely, sometimes I was only wounded. There were many shots fired at me. I clearly remember seeing the flash then the round getting bigger and bigger coming right at me. It was scary and stressful. I finally raised my own weapon, a rifle, sighted along the barrel and set my aim point at the bridge of the nose of my attacker. I pulled the trigger and watched my round fly towards him. Right between the eyes! and I immediately woke up.

My heart was pounding. I wasn't scared or confused, but I was definitely wound up.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #15
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I had Cellar dreams over the weekend. LJ, Bruce and Wolf all starred.

Although Bruce shared a space with Noel Edmonds (bearded British TV presenter) who was on the TV programme I watched directly before going to bed and Wolf was mixed up with a woman from Dawn of the Dead - again I watched before sleeping.
should I be concerned that my part was not described?

my dreams are retarded. i always find my self remembering the transitions of scenes afterwards. I never seem to notice it within the dream, but when i recall them, i'm always perplexed at how my mom's garage became the backdrop to a football game without my noticing, or how what looked like Leonard Nimoy was actually my sister or someshit.