The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #1
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Friday Night Lit

No, not Literature. *Lit*. As in "getting lit". You know...doing what the Aussies were doing this time last week.

So...who else is sitting at their computer, slamming back some sort of alcoholic concoction? And why?

I bet my story is better than yours.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
busterb
NSABFD

Having a big bud light and trying to upload photos from my new camera to flickr.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:32 PM   #3
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Sitting with a burbin and coke ,
Talk to me 'Splode ,
What's up ??
Old 10-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #4
jinx
Come on, cat.

Smirnoff arctic berry. Tastes like shit, but you can get drunk with it....
Old 10-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #5
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I don't have a good story. I'm stuck at work, *was* drinking tequila and lemonade, and had a pleasant little buzz on...then I ate a slice of pizza and a couple of hot wings, and lost the buzz. The cocktail doesn't look good anymore, I'm just really sleepy and can't wait to crawl into my snuggly bed.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

captain morgan & diet coke w/lime. because i like it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #7
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

goin home. no drinking. l8r
Old 10-27-2006, 11:37 PM   #8
Elspode

Vodka and Diet Coke w/lime, because it works, and is tasty. Somehow, I think LJ and I would get on famously in person.

Some of you may remember that I noted that Mrs Elspode and I had been polyamorous (for those of you in Australia, that means that we used to do other people, but were still the primary coupling in any given situation) earlier in our relationship. We've bounced in and out of that status a couple of times over the years, but have been monogamous for about five years now...until tonight.

Mrs Elspode is out on her first tryst of the new arrangement, and I'm feeling vulnerable, happy, worried, secure and just generally a mess. She's with a very trusted, longtime friend and confidant of both of ours with whom she's had a flirting relationship for nearly a decade. He has a steady lady, she and I are good, and it is all for fun on her part and his.

More vodka, bartender.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:56 PM   #9
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

why aren't you with them? what's the point of polydoin'it without the voyeurisim? doesn't seem like poly anything if they went out on the town together. sounds like one of you gets left home alone. this has worked for you in the past? why not just all hang out together? i'm troubled by this
Old 10-28-2006, 12:01 AM   #10
Elspode

They aren't on the town, and it isn't about voyeurism...well, not altogether.

I'm not big on watching the wife doing someone else, although I'm not adverse to it either. This is rather too complex a topic to explain, I guess.

If I had your huge cock, I probably wouldn't be in this position. No, I would be...because it is about appetites, preferences, etc. Strangely, love doesn't enter into it at all, except for the fact that we have that, and it is having that which makes it at all acceptable or possible.

I'm not making a lot of sense, am I?
Old 10-28-2006, 12:04 AM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

nope. and my cock is average. i was just illustrating how insanely funny i can be. i guess i just think that the whole 'group sex' aspect of that scene would be the attractive part of it. i don;t think i would be interested in private swapping.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:11 AM   #12
Elspode

Um...been in both situations. I dunno. In a perfect world, no one would need anyone other than the one with whom they were enmeshed. We don't live in a perfect world.

Poly opens possibilities. Some of them involve voyeurism, swaps, etc. At present, she's with our mutual friend, and later, I'll access some of my own avenues.

Suddenly, this all sounds pretty fuckin' tawdry. It really isn't. I was just feeling a bit vulnerable. No man likes to seriously contemplate some other man doin' his woman. I guess the ability to accept that everyone can't be everything to everyone else is fairly integral to this whole thing.

Thanks for worrying about things, though, LJ. I worry too. I'm still enough of a stupid male to think that one good orgasm might upset the entire balance of a ten-year relationship.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:49 AM   #13
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

funny how your mood can color things, hey? sometimes i feel like sex is just sex, and it wouldn;t bother me at all to share. other times, i think i'd go crazy. you mentioned yesterday that you felt morose. what came first? was that feeling born in this imminent event, or is your reaction slanted by a feeling you already had?
Old 10-28-2006, 12:52 AM   #14
Elspode

No. The morosity came with the realization that the poly door was opening again. I wasn't strongly in favor of it. I was fairly comfortable. And therein lies the problem. Comfort isn't my spouse's strong point. It bores her.

I don't want to overplay my feelings about this whole thing. I truly *am* ambivalent. I mean, hey, I know some lovely women whom I've had to sort of hold at arm's length for awhile now. Now, I guess I don't have to. Of course, they were busy tonight...

On the brighter side, I found some ten year old bud that is *awesome*...

Yes, I've lost it.

Last edited by Elspode; 10-28-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Elspode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:00 AM   #15
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

it lasts that long? last tme i had 1 yr old bud, it gave me a migraine. or did you mean budWEISER? and if you did, what was the 'born on date'?