The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Your Child is Short

Most teenagers are concerned enough about their appearance and being different, now adults can worry even more.

HeighMax - because your child's growth isn't screwed up enough as it is by bovine growth hormones in milk!

If you have ever heard people say that shorter people do not have as much fun as taller people, you may have listened with skepticism. By clicking on the article below you will find that this premise is in fact true.

As you get taller, you will not only gain more confidence, make more money and improve your self-esteem, but also earn the respect of your colleagues both at work and in your community. If this is what you aspire for, then HeightMax™ should be part of your daily life.

Funny, that -- I've been reading in my e-mail nearly daily that it isn't height that gets you money and respect but rather the size of your breasts if you are a woman and the size of your penis if you are male. I guess teenagers didn't have enough to worry about as it is, so now they should all know that they might be too short to have fun and friends.

This world is getting worse, I think.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #2
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Re: Your Child is Short

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitsune
Funny, that -- I've been reading in my e-mail nearly daily that it isn't height that gets you money and respect but rather the size of your breasts if you are a woman and the size of your penis if you are male.
And if you're a male politician, you also need Politician Hair[tm].
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:30 AM   #3
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

People should quit worrying so much about what other people think of them and buck the system. Granted, there are some issues where I am concerned about the thoughts of others, but not many--and none of them involve my physical appearance.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:52 AM   #4
Trillian-zz9
Why there's pie in the sky

I agree with sycamore here, people should quit worrying about appearance all the time. There are always far better things to worry about (usually money) So height's not really worth worrying about, as there's not very much you can do about it.
One's dead,
One's lost,
And one's out, looking for the lost one."
Trillian-zz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:32 PM   #5
russotto
Professor

They're right (though I'm sure their product doesn't work) Increased height is correlated with pretty much everything good in life. Income, sex, love, satisfaction, etc. A few inches on your legs is probably worth a lot more with the ladies than those same inches on your whale penis.

(I'm 5'7". What of it?)
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:40 PM   #6
mrnoodle
bent

Small for a whale penis. Or are you talking diameter? Then it's slightly above average for a blue whale.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:02 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Right on Russotto. I noticed this years ago at work. In order to get ahead, your head better stick up or there's no way in hell you'll advance. I'm 5'7" too, but I didn't advance because I have an aversion to kissing ass as well as being untall.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:33 PM   #8
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I'm 6'1" and I always wished I was shorter. I intimidate alot of people by virtue of height (and lately of girth).

Somehow, Bruce didn't seem 5'7" to me. He's quite the impressive presence. And I really mean that.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:34 PM   #9
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

It had to be the whale penis.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:39 PM   #10
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

He said he was just big boned!
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:46 PM   #11
Torrere
a real smartass

It would be nice to be shorter. Many cars aren't designed for my height, and I would save money on food.

The car issue is [changing|gonna change], though. Everybody's tall these days. Supposedly my mother and her sisters found it very easy to locate their dad when they were young, because he was usually the only person that tall.
Torrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:50 PM   #12
novice
Ignorance is bliss and I'm orgasmic

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
He said he was just big boned!
panoramic scrimshaw
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:51 PM   #13
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

You know it's funny you started this thread today. I was channel surfing a few hours ago and I ran across a 'Bachelor' clone show with a little person guy picking out 5 finalists from a dozen little person women.

I though I had heard of every bizarre twist on a reality shows, but this one stunned me.

Quote:
The Littlest Groom
60 mins.

Somebody had better warn Randy Newman, because it's all about short people in Fox's latest---and perhaps craziest---reality endeavor.
In the two-part series, a 4-foot-5 salesman named Glen gets to play Bachelor in an effort to find out if love truly does come in all shapes and sizes. Tonight, he courts a dozen diminutive ladies during individual and group dates before giving some of them the boot. But don't expect the typical elimination: A new batch of beauties is on the way to teach Glen that romance may be a much taller order than he imagined. Dani Behr hosts.

They have Senate hearings over one exposed breast, but noone seems to be expressing much outrage over this. I'd rather have my son looking at any number of mammary glands than watch this kind of tripe.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:55 PM   #14
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hey Rich, this is Amerika. Little people have the right to make fools of themselves like every body else.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:59 PM   #15
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
Somehow, Bruce didn't seem 5'7" to me. He's quite the impressive presence. And I really mean that.
Yeah, sure. You were so busy oggling DoDads, you didn't even see me.