The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #3751
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Lola if a Cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered Mind , what does an EMPTY desk tell ya ???
Old 08-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #3752
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Thank goodness my desk is never empty...

Zippy: Sorry to hear you're sick, dude. Check your stars, must be in a bad position this year.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #3753
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Thanks, Sam. Feeling better today.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #3754
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

So Michelle wasn't feeling well when we left Indy last Sunday...by the time we got to St. Louis, she was in so much pain that we wound up at urgent care, then in an ER. Originally, the doctors thought her gall bladder was the issue and they were going to remove it...then they noticed that some of her liver enzymes looked bad. So we came home to KC to have the liver issues checked out.

Yesterday she went to her PCP, and he was alarmed by her white blood cell count. It is indeed her gall bladder causing her issues, and there was talk of removing it last night. But her other blood work looked good, so now...we wait. It will come out sometime between Monday and Thursday. She has been feeling better since last weekend, but has been really lethargic and sleepy. We just want her back to 100%...wish they'd just pull the damn thing out now. :-b
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #3755
Griff
still says videotape

Health issues are the suck. Good luck guys. g
Old 08-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #3756
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

i'm constipated. damn it!!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #3757
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I've got figs. Want some?
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #3758
monster
I hear them call the tide

Who is Michelle? I hope she gets it fixed soon.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #3759
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Michelle is my gf...we've been together several months now.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #3760
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
So Michelle wasn't feeling well when we left Indy last Sunday...by the time we got to St. Louis, she was in so much pain that we wound up at urgent care, then in an ER. Originally, the doctors thought her gall bladder was the issue and they were going to remove it...then they noticed that some of her liver enzymes looked bad. So we came home to KC to have the liver issues checked out.

Yesterday she went to her PCP, and he was alarmed by her white blood cell count. It is indeed her gall bladder causing her issues, and there was talk of removing it last night. But her other blood work looked good, so now...we wait. It will come out sometime between Monday and Thursday. She has been feeling better since last weekend, but has been really lethargic and sleepy. We just want her back to 100%...wish they'd just pull the damn thing out now. :-b
Same thing happened to me bro, spent 4 days in the ICU trying to figure out what was wrong. Often the best choice, in an acute attack, is to do with her what they did to me, send her home on ATB for 3 or 4 weeks and "cool" her down from the acute event. Then bring her back in a few weeks and take it out. Experience has shown them that doing it that way has a better recovery and outcome. Doing it when it is acute, every thing is hot and inflamed, scar tissue is worse afterwards, chance of infection higher, etc. I know that is not what you want to hear but it is best that way. Good luck...
Old 08-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #3761
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sorry to hear about Michelle, Syc.
Good luck for her recovery.

I'm a little irritatated because my great plans for today have all fallen apart.
We were supposed to go up to London mid afternoon, meet my Godfather, go to Covent Garden and meet my bro, browse, watch street performances and then go to the theatre. All within a small area, little walking and nice treats for me (Peter always slips me some money and gets the drinks in, whether it's a beer or a diet coke).

Peter has had to cancel - for a very valid reason.
Now Mum has resurrected a plan we'd prettty much nixed. Go to Knightsbridge and visit the Brompton Oratory.
This makes the journey longer, more expensive, involves more travelling on packed Tubes and more walking. I've just spent three days walking around with Mum, hearing all aboout her corn, her bunion, the shooting pain in her groin, the fact she can't "march off" like me. I was really hoping to avoid that scenario, and have an enjoyable day for me.

I'm not interested in the Brompton Oratory, or in Harrods or in Harvey Nicks (when I don't have a penny to my name I mean). I get no pleasure from trailing round expensive shops, or going to see a church I'd never heard of before.

Don't get me wrong - had this been the plan from the beginning I'd have indulged her. I'm not a completely selfish bitch, I will do things for other people. I just think today is the wrong day and the wrong occasion to be doing it. She should do it with Dad on a separate trip - they can go and have a glass of champagne together.

Sadly, she's bulldozered me a bit.
Have to grin and bear it.
Just disappointed because I was looking forward to it, and now I'm not.

I guess it can't spoil Much Ado About Nothing Tonight.
Can it?
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #3762
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

My 19 year old is driving me nuts.

He needs his own apt.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:33 AM   #3763
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bri, if my Mum was posting here I've no doubt she's say the same about me!

Just to update, Mum did a complete about-face re the Brompton Oratory.
So I'm glad that despite whining here, I had put up an appearance of good grace about it.
Except she didn't tell me until we were on the Tube, which meant we left far too early... Never mind.

Had a most excellent day.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #3764
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Bri, if my Mum was posting here I've no doubt she's say the same about me!
Oh, heavens, no! Not even close! you cook and clean and manage your own life. My son just generates trash - and he doesn't know what a trash can is for let alone how to use one. Why can't he throw his popcorn bag away? Why can't he replace the TP roll? Why can't he put his stuff in his room? He has the biggest room in the house yet he uses my living room as his bedroom - even sleeping on my couch instead of in his own bed. He leaves his size 14 shoes laying around for me to trip over, he uses waaaaay too many bath towels and hand soap...it's driving me batty.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #3765
SamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Oh, heavens, no! Not even close! you cook and clean and manage your own life. My son just generates trash - and he doesn't know what a trash can is for let alone how to use one. Why can't he throw his popcorn bag away? Why can't he replace the TP roll? Why can't he put his stuff in his room? He has the biggest room in the house yet he uses my living room as his bedroom - even sleeping on my couch instead of in his own bed. He leaves his size 14 shoes laying around for me to trip over, he uses waaaaay too many bath towels and hand soap...it's driving me batty.
Just keep in mind that down the road, some poor girl will get to deal with all this and you'll be free to devote your time to bird watching and chrochet.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar