The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 11-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #16
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I still like Priest, and Queen, the first ten years of Elton, REM, the Smiths, kd lang, etc. etc.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #17
fo0hzy
Dirty cigarette-smoking lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I still like Priest, and Queen, the first ten years of Elton, REM, the Smiths, kd lang, etc. etc.
Fuck yeah
fo0hzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:37 AM   #18
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

SAXON - 2009

Are there any "Saxon" fans out here? Saxon are a traditional classic british heavy metal band from England,along with Judas Priest and Iron Maiden they helped forge heavy metal in the early 80's.

Not sure how to post a youtube clip,other sites I'm used to has a "source" where you post the video....If I can learn how to do it,I'll post a live video of Saxon.

They are the most underrated heavy metal band in the world in my opinion,they are so much better than Iron Maiden these days and actually have been for the last 15 years,and 7 studio albums.
J.D.DIAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #19
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I used to dig Saxon back in the day...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #20
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I used to dig Saxon back in the day...
Very interesting to hear Gravdigr,albums of the 80's like 1979 debut album 'Saxon" and the classic 1980 "Wheels Of Steel" album then Strong Arm Of The Law,Denim & Leather,Power & The Glory....these 5 studio albums from the 80's were classics but to alot of Saxon fans the now-a-days current Saxon is so much better in song writting and consistant quality albums. Give 2004's "Lionheart" a listen and if you like Saxon this album is the band's best work,also listen to 2007's "The Inner Sanctum"....total classic Saxon at thier very best.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #21
fo0hzy
Dirty cigarette-smoking lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
LOL! This is what cracks me up about fans of Rob Halford: How could you not know he was gay?? lol!
We (my friends and I) always knew. Didn't matter... dude was bad ass (no pun intended)... still is
fo0hzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:31 AM   #22
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo0hzy View Post
We (my friends and I) always knew. Didn't matter... dude was bad ass (no pun intended)... still is
Absolutely.To me Rob Halford is the best vocalist in heavy metal hands down,but its still an opinion but Priest has been my favorite band since 1981 so of course I'm going to say he is #1,but he really is! lol! I've never cared if he was gay either.

I've been a member of the Judas Priest forum for 6 years now,the people over there are very cool and discuss anything and everything.

I wasn't thrilled about thier last album "Nostradamus"(2008) as I don't like it at all,but the album before it "Angel Of Retribution"(2005) is very good,10 songs and only one really sucks,and its the last track on the album(Loch Ness).

But if you haven't heard the album,its very traditional Judas Priest in the vien of 1982's Screaming For Vengeance album and 1984's Defenders Of The Faith album,thats the best way to discribe it. Tracks like Judas Rising,Deal With The Devil,Wheels Of Fire,Demonizer,Hellrider,Elegy...its very good if you like Judas Priest.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #23
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Hell we didn't know Freddy Mercury was gay, what with the gaystache and the wife-beaters and all. We didn't even know Elton John was gay, what with the pink feather boas and 10,000 different glasses. It just wasn't a thing, back in the day.
Alison Arngrim, who played Nellie Olsen on The Little House on the Prairie, put out a memoir earlier this year. Her dad was the personal assistant to Liberace for many years. Apparently they took her to see Liberace's show and meet him when she was about 9. They warned her to not say anything about him being gay because it was a big secret. (her reaction: you're kidding, right? I'm 9 and I figured it out without anybody telling me.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #24
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 11-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #25
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

One of my oldest friends toured with Saxon in the last few years.
Yup, they're still touring.

I couldn't tell you when or where - he's a professional PA and from the amount of work he gets I assume a bloody good one. I might even have been to see them at his invire - I stand behind the mixing desk until my head hurts then wait for him to finish!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #26
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
One of my oldest friends toured with Saxon in the last few years.
Yup, they're still touring.

I couldn't tell you when or where - he's a professional PA and from the amount of work he gets I assume a bloody good one. I might even have been to see them at his invire - I stand behind the mixing desk until my head hurts then wait for him to finish!
That is too cool. The fans that live especially in England are very lucky because Saxon tours many shows in England where they came from,but they do not tour here in the U.S.A. very much at all,the last tour 2009 they played 4 shows here and the rest were basically in Europe. I wish they would tour and open up for Motorhead,they always do it in England every tour so why not open up for Lemmy and co. ? That would be aswome,a Motorhead/Saxon tour.