The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 03-18-2003, 10:48 AM   #16
juju
no one of consequence

Where are you from, Jaxxon?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:55 AM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I was wondering the same thing ... to be a computer science student with no knowledge of cheetos he has to either be from outside North America, or his mom had to be a serious organic foods only/hippie type.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:43 AM   #18
Jaxxon
Alphabetarian

Quote:
Where are you from, Jaxxon?
I'm from Germany. I do think we have similar products, though they are not exactly very popular. Personally, I can't stand the taste of more or less artificial cheese.
Jaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:54 AM   #19
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There is bad artificial cheese, and good artificial cheese. The bad artificial cheese products tend to try VERY hard to mimic cheese. The good ones don't bother. (which is why I LOVE Cheetos and dislike Nacho Cheese Doritos.)

Unless you can get the actual Cheetos product, it's not worth experimenting. Also, snack products designed for European tastebuds tend to be VERY different from supposedly similar American products. Ours are better. But you guys make MUCH better beer, so it kind of evens out. (actually I've noticed a bigger difference in the taste/quality of candies and chocolates. Some of the stuff made for the non US market is just plain NASTY. )

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 03-21-2003, 08:13 PM   #20
Bitman
cellar smellar

I always find it humorous when people start worshiping oversized manufactured products. Cheetoses are deep-fried goop, dusted with cheese-labeled power. If you want a large Cheetos, just fry a larger glob of goop. Getting Frito-Lay to actually do this is left as an exercise for the reader.
Bitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 10:27 PM   #21
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

All I know is that once I found a Bugle in a box of Golden Grahams. No kiddin.

I didn't sell it on ebay. I et it. But it made me think, if they use the same equipment for both and just roll the Bugles out during the first shift and the Golden Grahams out during the second. You could imagine some big whistle blowing, signalling some factory worker to pull some huge oversized lever, after which the little assembly roll of Golden Grahams would switch over to Bugles.

And if that's all the case, it would Only Be Right to produce the Golden Grahams in the morning, and the Bugles in the afternoon-evening shifts.

Still, it's only minorly annoying to find some actual evidence that all the shit they feed us comes out of the same freakin' nozzle.

Maybe this will be the year I chunk up a portion of the back yard for actual vegetable growing. But since I ate all the junk food, I'm too oversized and tired to spend any energy gardening. And that's how they get you, every time.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:37 PM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

If the shapes were the same, I could almost buy the different shifts theory.

But you are dealing with one salty and one sweet product. They wouldn't come off the same line.

There are some products that are essentially the same, except for shape ... most often those yellowy, oaty, corny, sweety cereals. You know, like Quisp and Quake were really the same, but in different shapes.

I think your bugle represented someone being sloppy with their lunch ...

Old 03-22-2003, 12:40 AM   #23
juju
no one of consequence

If that's true, then it probably had somebody's grubby fingers all over it.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 07:29 AM   #24
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Maybe this will be the year I chunk up a portion of the back yard for actual vegetable growing. But since I ate all the junk food, I'm too oversized and tired to spend any energy gardening. And that's how they get you, every time.

"Your girth has worth. The fact that they make you eat this deliciously yummy junk is disgusting, disturbing, and down right despicable. Let's sue the Sana-a-Belts right off those pompous pretzel pushsers!"
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 07:47 AM   #25
Griff
still says videotape

I'd say some rodent had a big cheekful of Bugles when he was wandering through the Golden Graham tools...
Old 03-22-2003, 09:32 AM   #26
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Now I'm trying to remember whether the Bugle in question had been salted. I don't think it was, and I think that's why I figured it was a manufacturing mishap, but this was about 5 years ago...
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 10:23 PM   #27
chrisinhouston
Professor

With the Americans trying to send the message they can strike anywhere, Iraqi leaders maintained a bold front.

They denied U.S. giant Chee-tos had entered the capital and claimed Saddam's forces had retaken the airport - killing hundreds of American "Chee-tos," the military said.

"Today, the tide has turned and we have eliminated all places for Chee-tos to do attack us," Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf said. "We are destroying them." He read a statement from Saddam telling Iraq's fighters to rush at the American Chee-tos and "exhaust (them) and increase the depth of their wounds. Kill all the Chee-tos he has said!"

Al-Sahhaf said the Americans were in the suburbs and in a message on television urged residents to inform Iraqi troops about any U.S. Chee-to movements. Maintain "calm, good organization ... to confront the enemy effectively, conquer it, and force it to retreat accursed and defeated," he said.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote