The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #3946
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Starting to wish I brought my IPad to watch some tv shows. I'm sitting here in the waiting room with my mom, both waiting for her to be taken back to prep for surgery. Ugh! I only brought a Time magazine to read. Thought that and the Cellar and FB will be enough to keep me company, but my eyes are starting to get tired. :-(
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #3947
glatt

Waiting rooms suck. I find that I can't even concentrate on what I'm reading when I'm sitting in one.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #3948
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Found out there was a hiccup in the scheduling at the hospital. They had cancelled her surgery so she had to put back on as add-on. That's why the wait was so long. Finally in the prepping room. Been here for 1 1/2 hrs. Sigh...hungry. Will run to the mall for lunch once my mom gets pushed into surgery room. (Hospital is across from the mall, hihi.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #3949
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Does not sound much fun - hospital/clinic waiting rooms are horrible places to wait!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #3950
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Yeah. And it gets cold after a while too. I will go home for a bit after her surgery is done, (my sister will come then), then I will come back to stay with my mom tonight.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:58 AM   #3951
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I didn't get home until 6:30. :-/ I went back in at 9. I thought I could just sleep through the night. But dangit, the monitors keeps on beeping and my mom keeps on shifting. Why doesn't she sleep??? As soon as I lie down, the nurse will come. Rain is hitting on the big glass window and it's thundering.

....The nurse came. He turned off the monitor and gave my mom some strong painkillers. I hope she doesn't get extreme nausea like I did. How come she won't close her eyes??!!!??? She won't have a chance to rest tomorrow. They'll be dragging her to physical therapy twice tomorrow. Okay, I'm gonna try to catch some snooze before the nurse comes in to give more morphine 1 1/2 hrs. later.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:20 AM   #3952
Griff
still says videotape

You're a good daughter Lola.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #3953
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Thanks, Griff. It would nice if my mom thinks so too. :-P

Well, I'm back. I've put on a movie for my mom in hope that she will sleep some tonight. She hardly slept last night, didn't eat much all day, had physical therapy twice, combine with strong pain meds, her BP dipped so low that she almost fainted today. Therefore, her doctor won't let her go home tomorrow as I hoped. Oh well....I guess I'll have a sleepover in the hospital again tomorrow. :-P at least I'll have another day to clean the house before my mom comes home. :-D I'm getting hungry so I'm eating my mom's crackers...lol. I'll just ask more from the nurse later. Pain meds and aspirin are giving my mom an upset stomach. I know how awful that feels. Oh yeah, my mom complained that I snore too loud. Hahahaha.....She told my sister to send up a stick so she can wake me up...lol.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #3954
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

You're a good daughter Lola. I hope they send your Mum home soon. More for your sake than hers I think. haha xxx
Old 05-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #3955
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Haha....thanks, Ali. My mom seems to be sleeping now, so I think the movie did the trick. The room feels colder tonight than yesterday. Glad I brought my sweater. I'm gonna put on a heat patch on my shoulders and maybe sleep some. :-P I think I'll eat another cracker first, hehe.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #3956
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I AM HOME!!!!! Well, my mom is home. I'm just thinking about myself because I'm so happy with the thought of sleeping in a nice bed rather than a hard recliner chair. It's a pity that morphine can't be brought home though. My mom is much nicer on morphine. She's been really testy with me after I disappeared from her hospital room for 30 mins. two nights ago. It's all downhill from here.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #3957
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

3 days this week working the rock dig and performing in the informative play for K-2 grade kids from local schools...about 1000 kids total. The question and answer periods are hilarious. There are other events too. Love the kids, love being at the fairgrounds (was moved from a nearby nature preserve due to weather) and loved the other folks involved, especially my big brother who runs this portion of the event through the association he directs.

My mom got him involved in this 3 years ago, from mentioning a learning tool that the association gives to local kids to a woman involved with the festival. She was there in our hearts the whole time.

And in case you didn't know...birds are made from trees. Funny kids.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #3958
glatt

Be a post whore!

We pulled in to our driveway after running an errand today and noticed that our beautiful lush mint patch was turning brown. Looked a little closer and saw all these little red bugs all over the mint. A little google search later and we have found our culprit. The four lined beetle. Little fuckers. The picture looked just like them. So I scroll down to the part about controlling them, and the preferred method of control is to plant mint around the plants you want to protect because they just love mint. *facepalm*
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #3959
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Aargh.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #3960
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
We pulled in to our driveway after running an errand today and noticed that our beautiful lush mint patch was turning brown. Looked a little closer and saw all these little red bugs all over the mint. A little google search later and we have found our culprit. The four lined beetle. Little fuckers. The picture looked just like them. So I scroll down to the part about controlling them, and the preferred method of control is to plant mint around the plants you want to protect because they just love mint. *facepalm*
try planting garlic in the patch

Tags
dum, oh the whorror