Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 05-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I think planking is easier than pushups. Isn't planking where you are already up, and you just hold that position?
Yeah, planking is just holding the position. If your arms are weak, you can just rest on your forearm as shown in the youtube link.

Sundae: Do whatever suits your need, girl. Ain't gonna call you lazy.

Anyways, in addition to Insanity, I've decided to do the squat challenge. I looked myself in the mirror and saw that my butt has meshed with my thigh. Ugh! Just bought a cute v-string and would like to look decent in it.
Here is the challenge for anyone who would want to do it too.
Attached Images

Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post

And you... Well each to his own and all that. But you are tiny. I can't think of any way to describe you that won't sound racist or gender-diminuitive.
Lovely lickle em be that I want to gobble up like Xào tỏi.
But you go, girl. You've always made me think of a Bond heroine anyway.
Almost forgot to respond to this. You called me "baby" and compared me to "sauteed garlic"?? Hahahahahhaha.....
Old 05-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #18
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
Almost forgot to respond to this. You called me "baby" and compared me to "sauteed garlic"?? Hahahahahhaha.....
Well at least it transaltes as expected, I can never be sure. It could have been squid eyeballs for all I know For either one!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #19
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I so want to just go straight to the bar tonight! UGH! Now that I read you did it, I can't slack, Lola - lol

I don't think there will be any pictures. Not a fan of doing the no shirt pics. Lucky there are any of my face out there
Old 05-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #20
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Glad I helped motivate you. the pictures are your sake, not to post. Btw, I don't do no shirt pix either. I wear yoga pants and this knit shirt, which both are body hugging enough to show my figure. You can still see the difference with that.

Last edited by Lola Bunny; 05-03-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #21
bbro

I might do measurements with every fit test. About to start - post back after!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #22
bbro

Well that was depressing. I couldn't even finish. I had to stop with only 3 exercises left. My lungs hurt so bad - I could breathe fine, but it wasn't easing. I might try the rest in a bit, but right now, I just feel like crying
Old 05-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #23
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Was that for the fit test? You shouldn't have pushed too hard. Did you try to finish the whole minute? I didn't...lol. Woman, rest when you need to. Take things slowly and don't push too hard. For example, the knee jump (not sure if that's exactly what it's called), do 1, 2...then rest, breath....do 3...rest....4....oops, time up? Okay, input that. Do try to follow the people in the video. At first, I don't even jump as high or go down as low. The purpose is the do as much as you can to get stronger and get your heart rate up. You'll get stronger and better eventually. Trust me. Well, I was in it to lose fat so as long as my heart rate is up, I was okay with it. Anyways, no need to cry. Just start the workouts and by the next fit test, you may be able to finish it.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #24
bbro

That's the sad part - I didn't try and keep up, I did rest, but I did try for the whole minute. It's all the jumping that got me. I still tracked it. Push up jacks were laughable. I could only do one I was surprised at the low plank obliques though.

Well, at least I finished. Normally I wouldn't have even tried to finish. I guess that is one accomplishment. Definitely not looking forward to tomorrow's workout now, though.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I proud of you, nevertheless. Hang in there. The 2nd week will feel better.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #26
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Just finished pure cardio. I have thoughts on it for you Bro, but I gotta run now. I won't be home until this afternoon or later. I'll post then. Go workout, get your energy on, then enjoy your Saturday!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #27
bbro

No worries! I am not working out until later, but I already have my workout clothes on. I just have too many things that I need to get done first.

I am a little sore today, but in a muscle I don't use very often. I more associate it with cramps than working out - lol
Old 05-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #28
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro View Post
... already have my workout clothes on
Now that is an exercise routine I can handle!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #29
bbro

Day 2 - Plylometric Cardio Circuit. Seeing how bad I did yesterday, I really procrastinated. Bad enough that I was watching Spalash (horrible tv show) and hand washing dishes. I pulled up my big girl panties and finally started. Surprise, surprise, I had to stop with 20 minutes left. I felt like I was gonna hurl. It was so bad that I contemplated helping myself a long. I had to decide whether to keep going or call it good and just trying again tomorrow. I really didn't want to do the same workout tomorrow, so I started again and did what I could (more than I thought, but still not all). I CANNOT do a damn push up to save my life. I ended up finishing the whole DVD.

Note to self - eating 1.5 hours before working out is too soon. And wear the small sports bras or the girls will be growing new stretch marks with all the jumping!

Now, I am off to collapse into a child's pose for a while.

I can't believe I agreed to do this for a month!!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #30
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Good job! That's all is need, Bro. Seriously. I know it's scary; I still remember the feeling. And yes, eating 1.5 hrs. before doing Insanity wasn't a good idea. As for push-ups, be on your knees rather than toes, and go down as much as you could handle. If you don't feel your triceps working, then you need to go down lower. Otherwise don't go down low. Do little to build up your muscles. It took me a couple of weeks into the program at first to attempt the push-up on my toes. This is the third time I'm doing Insanity in case you didn't know.

Pure cardio is going to kill you. This is my tip. When you feel too tired or heart beating too fast, or light headed in my case, stop that exercise and walk back and forth. Let your heart rest and when the next exercise comes up, continue. I think each exercise is a minute or 30 seconds. Do your best, rest when you need it. If you notice, the people in the dvd rest too. If they rest, then it's perfectly okay for you to do the same.