The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #16
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Don't use BigV to scout for a threat; he's purblind.

Sorry, dude, that's just not a job you're competent at.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #17
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
Don't use BigV to scout for a threat; he's purblind.

Sorry, dude, that's just not a job you're competent at.
Hey stupid.

What threat are you talking about? For that matter, what religion are we talking about? For that matter, my point was the unreliability of stereotypes, not threats.

But I'm flexible; I'll play along... Maybe you think this Muslim wants to kill you if you don't improve your life *his* way:
Quote:
Democrat Keith Ellison comfortably won the race for the 5th District U.S. House seat, beating both the Independence Party and Republican candidates by around 30 points. Ellison campaigned heavily against the war in Iraq and has put environmental and health care issues at the top of his list of priorities. Ellison is the first Muslim to be elected to Congress.
Or, since the quote Spexxvet referred to had the word Christians in it, maybe you meant one of these threats:

"Evil" Episcopalian
Quote:
An Episcopalian chaplain resigned from his job at a Palmetto Bay private school after explicit images of him appeared on a gay wrestling website that was circulated this week around the school, school officials said.

Father Adrian Parry, 47, of South Miami, quit his post at Palmer Trinity School on Monday after almost two decades as its chaplain and head of the humanities and history department, according to school headmaster Sean Murphy.
What about this "heathen" from your neck of the woods, both geographically and religiously? Kill you for not changing your ways?
Quote:
Episcopalian leader welcomes challenge
Stanford graduate ready to become first woman to serve as presiding bishop of national Anglican church
By Rachel Zoll
ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK - Nevada Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori thought the odds she would be elected to lead the Episcopal Church were "ridiculous" -- absolutely against her.

"I was a woman, fairly young, I hadn't been a bishop all that long and I was serving a diocese that's not part of the Eastern establishment," the 52-year-old Jefferts Schori said.
Billy Graham, perhaps? Mother Theresa? All **individuals**, not stereotypes.

If anyone is purblind, it's someone like you who sees threats EVERYWHERE.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:49 AM   #18
farfromhome
Management Consultant

I'd like to ask sundae girl a question. I'm an atheist. I don't beleive in anything you do. I love my two kids. I care about other people. Material crap doesn't mean dick to me. I do what I can for others. Where do I fit in in your world?