The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 09-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #16
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammian
Wait a minute! I don't know how it sounded, but I meant that if you don't know what is BDSM, you may be shoked if you type this in Google
Ah. Got ya. Belive me, it would take a lot more than this to shock me.

Quote:
Why "was"?
Different life now. Different person now. Kids make it more difficult to...be noisey. It was fun though.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #17
Dammian
The Last Of The Brunnen-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs
Ah. Got ya. Belive me, it would take a lot more than this to shock me.
Got it. Will invent smth else...

Quote:
Different life now. Different person now. Kids make it more difficult to...be noisey. It was fun though.
And that's all? It is not a problem if you live in a big town
Dammian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #18
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs
Kids make it more difficult to...be noisey.
Gags?
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:39 PM   #19
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammian
You are not very impressive, aren't you?
Quote:
I don't know how it sounded, but I meant that if you don't know what is BDSM, you may be shoked if you type this in Google

"You're not very impressive" means other people are not impressed with you, or you are pathetic.

You want to use a phrase like "You're not easily offended, are you?"
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #20
Dammian
The Last Of The Brunnen-G

Thanks for explanation!
Dammian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 AM   #21
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant
Gags?
Been there. Ball gags for everyone. The thing that can't be masked is the paddle on the booty.

But we digress.
This is not the sex thread now is it?

Let's talk Moscow.

I still would like to see pics of Moscow. I'll wait....
Old 07-09-2006, 07:34 PM   #22
Beautiful_Stranger
(Barbara..smiles)

I love all things Russian....

I am intriqued by the history, the people, the land, the music....I find such romance in it all...such tragedy, strength, joy and awe.

I know my name is Varvarra...used to know more, as I had a friend named Valentina (a much older lady than myself) but that was sooooo long ago.

I've dreamed of being there....touching the earth, the snow, the history. I wonder if I could ever muster the strength to take such a long flight and go?

B.
Beautiful_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #23
Buddug

My sister and her husband lived in Moscow for a couple of years . I never visited her , unfortunately .

There are a few little vignettes she gave me which remain in my mind . She spoke of the market , and how the ladies who sell cream have to keep turning the cream to stop it freezing . She also spoke of the flowers sold on the market . They are sold in upright sealed packages , and are protected by a little flame to stop them from freezing . She also said that people walk around drinking beer from cans . She tried it one day , and found that the drops of beer froze as you walked .
My sister was also amazed by the beauty of young Russian women . As Brits , we had always been brought up on sad images of fat peasants selling potatoes . She said that these beautiful women appear from disgracefully filthy lavatories .
Another image : in the office there is a big bottle of medicine ( and I do not mean vodka) for the staff .

Concerning the vodka , she could not believe how they knock it back , and hell , we are British and we know about overdoing the booze . But this is in a whole different sphere . Vodka is delivered from huge tanker-style lorries .

She says that when you go on the train , people have little packages of dried fish . This is special train food .

Talking of trains , I dream of the Trans-Siberian . Anyone done that ? I have only read Theroux on the subject .
Old 07-19-2006, 08:59 AM   #24
Mr_iceman13
Kinda New Member

Complete and utter nonsense…!

I am very sorry if I sound offensive, but I have rarely come across such uneducated nonsense.

I have lived in Moscow for more than 4 years and can tell you that life here is just a tab more sophisticated that you describe in your note, i.e. we do not buy Vodka from tanker trucks – we buy in kiosks or supermarkets like you would in Britain or elsewhere.

Yes, it does get very cold in winter – it went all the way down to -38C this year. However, it also gets very hot during the summer 30+ C.

If you want to know more real facts about Moscow feel free to contact me on mr_iceman13@yahoo.dk and I will try to shed some light on your misconceptions about this lovely city.
Mr_iceman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #25
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Welcome to the cellar, Mr_iceman13!

It is always nice to learn from a local. I'm sure you'll be getting more questions, but in the meantime, please feel free to post your first hand experiences about your lovely city. Pictures would be nice too.

By the way, your English is impeccable. Are you Russian?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #26
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
Welcome to the cellar, Mr_iceman13!

It is always nice to learn from a local. I'm sure you'll be getting more questions, but in the meantime, please feel free to post your first hand experiences about your lovely city. Pictures would be nice too.

By the way, your English is impeccable. Are you Russian?
My guess is MrIceman is Danish.
My other guess is that Buddug confused vodka with Kvass, another Russian national drink made from fermented rye bread and therefore slightly alcoholic, which certainly used to be sold from little tankers at the roadside (but then so did milk, once upon a time ...).
Old 07-20-2006, 06:28 AM   #27
Buddug

I am a TAD surprised to note that cream , flowers , markets , wonderful train journeys , tiny flames , and beautiful women count as being unsophisticated in your eyes, Mr Iceman .

As for the heat , perhaps your nom de plume reflects the fact that you are putting lots of ice-cubes in your drinks at the moment ?

Concerning the vodka lorries , I may have been wrong , of course . Thank you , Limey for suggesting another possible explanation . And thank you all for keeping a TAB on the subject in hand .
Old 07-20-2006, 05:51 PM   #28
Buddug

Do you think the Danes are plotting , Limey ?
Old 07-21-2006, 02:35 AM   #29
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddug
Do you think the Danes are plotting , Limey ?
Not necessarily ...
Old 08-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #30
Meiso
Hairy Bear

I really want to learn Russian; am I the only one that thinks it just sounds -cool- when you hear people speaking it?

http://www.exceed-network.com - lifetime webpages and targeted internet marketing for a one-off cost from just £10. Nifty, eh?
Meiso is offline   Reply With Quote