The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-27-2007, 11:56 PM   #16
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
I'm toying with the idea of getting a bike this summer, suggestions for a solid learner that won't puss out on me?
I want something with steel, not those ugly street bikes that look like wasps from the front.
1. Take the Motorcycle Safety course given my your state DMV before you buy.

2. join this site to learn stuff, esp in the newbies section and saftey sections. motorcyle-usa.com
Old 03-28-2007, 07:28 AM   #17
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #18
loTEK911
Abhorrent Aberrant

Now here's a thread near an dear to me! My old man rides. A Kawasaki Concorse. Sport-tour. Does a 2 to 3 week trip every summer. Been trying to get a bike for years so i can ride wit him. Heh! Even took th riding coures 4 years ago! Well, finally got my baby last spring. A 2003 kawasaki zr7. yellow an black sport-standard. spent all last summer toolin round relearnin how to ride. I love it! It's like zen! Meditation! You spend so much attention making sure nobody kills you, you ave no space for life's bullshit! clearest my mind has been in years! Be out on two wheels nxt week weather permitting. Can't wait!
loTEK911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #19
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by loTEK911 View Post
Now here's a thread near an dear to me! My old man rides. A Kawasaki Concorse. Sport-tour. Does a 2 to 3 week trip every summer. Been trying to get a bike for years so i can ride wit him. Heh! Even took th riding coures 4 years ago! Well, finally got my baby last spring. A 2003 kawasaki zr7. yellow an black sport-standard. spent all last summer toolin round relearnin how to ride. I love it! It's like zen! Meditation! You spend so much attention making sure nobody kills you, you ave no space for life's bullshit! clearest my mind has been in years! Be out on two wheels nxt week weather permitting. Can't wait!
hey come on over to motorcycle-usa.com, it is a great community and I have learned so much here. The mother site is really a bike test place. It is where I learned about mine before I bought it. There are some really experienced people here. At the the top of the threads, General, Newbies, Safety, and Daily Driver are some awsome links to info that every rider should read. Good luck, hope to see you there, ride safe.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:21 AM   #20
loTEK911
Abhorrent Aberrant

Address copied. I'll check it out. Ty! Love to ride. don't wanna die doin it! Too many pretty girls in this world I ain't met! All knowledge is good!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:01 AM   #21
brentrobe
Person Who Has Posted

I ride a 05' Harley Fatboy. Nothing's better!
brentrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #22
Kitsune
still eats dirt

My dad used to ride, but stopped the day he was on his way home from the grocery store with a watermelon strapped to the back of his bike and got into an accident. As he was laying the bike down on the road, he turned in time to see the watermelon tumble off and explode under the tires of a passing semi. The bike was sold the next day.

It has been my dream to ride (touring bike -- drool), but dad always said that if I get a bike he'll kill me before it does. Seeing the drivers around here, I'd hold him to it -- there's no way it is sane to ride in town around here.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I am intimidated by motorcycles.

In fact, I am more intimidated by motorcycles than I am of heights and fire, but less intimidated than by Hillary Clinton being President.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentrobe View Post
I ride a 05' Harley Fatboy. Nothing's better!
Ah, Sheldon would like to have a word with you.

Just kidding, welcome to the Cellar, bentrobe.

A friend just picked up this Fatboy in Daytona, less than 10k miles, for I think he said $14k.
His wife, who had sold her white with pink flames 883, declared she wanted one too, but he told her Harley doesn't make Fatgirls.

Glad he really likes the bike..... he's gonna be sleeping with it for awhile.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 05:46 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #25
TheMercenary

Bruce, that is areally nice looking bike.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #26
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It was a step up. He'd been riding this one since he built it in 1973. Couple paint jobs (always flames) but no front brake till about 3 years ago.
We don't call him Kong for nothing.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 05:46 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 PM   #27
loTEK911
Abhorrent Aberrant

Well, my baby's almost ready to ride! Had to replace the rear tire. Picked up a screw last fall. Just ave to remount the wheel, oil the drive chain, and give her a bath. Now it's gotta stop raining! Btw, thanks Merc, for the web site. Got some good advise for removing rust from the brake disks. Also got scolded for allowing the rust to happen, but there's a high horse asshat in every group. No worries!
Old 04-14-2007, 04:22 AM   #28
tissy_uk
Cantankerous Incantonator

I always said that i would get my bike licence as a treat for passing my car test. Have since decided that cars are not for me. So just waiting for my little girl to grow up a bit, say 2 or 3 years then I'm going for it. My dad is a biker, but poor sos had 4 girls, not a single lad to follow in his footsteps so he gotta make do with me. I'm soo excited just thinking about getting a bike, it's what i've wanted for years
Old 04-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #29
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by loTEK911 View Post
Well, my baby's almost ready to ride! Had to replace the rear tire. Picked up a screw last fall. Just ave to remount the wheel, oil the drive chain, and give her a bath. Now it's gotta stop raining! Btw, thanks Merc, for the web site. Got some good advise for removing rust from the brake disks. Also got scolded for allowing the rust to happen, but there's a high horse asshat in every group. No worries!
If you spray the break disk with WD40 it won't rust, plus you'll have instant ABS.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:44 AM   #30
loTEK911
Abhorrent Aberrant

Heh! wd40 on a break disk? yeah. like i said. there is an asshat in every group.