The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Photoshop Phrenzy!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Photoshop Phrenzy! Images out of your own head

Old 03-27-2003, 02:34 PM   #106
Ike_is_my_Cat
Kicking Names and Taking Ass.

when I first joined (several months ago), I admit, it may have been a little intimidating trying to make a place for yourself in an already established group...

so you can do what I did and photoshop someone's ass the first day or you could be someone's bitch...

you decide.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:07 PM   #107
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

^,^^

Kyle, I'm pretty sure your first post was "I'm new here!"

Ike earned immediate respect with his first post.

I've seen stranger things...

- People who were total losers for years and then grew up and redeemed themself
- People who flamed out so loud that you could hear it over the line
- People who came on and took all kinds of abuse because they spoke nonsense, but stuck around anyway as if they liked it
Old 03-27-2003, 03:19 PM   #108
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Man, perhaps I should have said something mean-spirited about Webscalpel. I've been insulted by many oxygen-wasters in my 2+ years here, but now, I'm feeling kinda left out.

Old 03-27-2003, 03:22 PM   #109
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Its not too late, Syc...go ahead...let it out. Think of it as educational.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:25 PM   #110
Ike_is_my_Cat
Kicking Names and Taking Ass.

so long as we're reminiscing...

the Anti-couple can kiss my cable-ready ass.

Old 03-27-2003, 05:14 PM   #111
antibitch
Jotter of Notes

back in business

To Ike_is_my_Cat and And:

The sort of blatent falsehoods you're rearing your heads at now are precisely the kind I found on this site concerning antibland that drove me to post my original rant. And so the world goes round....

Last edited by antibitch; 03-27-2003 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:35 PM   #112
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Caint we all just get along?
Old 03-27-2003, 07:23 PM   #113
Cam
dripping with ignorance

I think antibitch and antibland could have been a worthwhile member of the cellar. I for one would have loved to hear antibitch tear into Radar or even Cairo when she was around. Sadly though they do not seem to realize that there is more to the cellar then just a bunch of screen names bitching about the latest headlines. Since I joined I have seen numerous newbies treated like crap, some stay, some go, I've decided it's like an initiation routine here. If you can put up with the regulars for your first few posts and not make a complete fool of yourself you'll be accepted, if you run away then fine we didn't need you anyways.
Antibland came in asking for help, he shouldn't complain too much about the response, if he would have taken some time to read a few thread maybe he would have stumbled across Ciara's first post. Then if he was smart he would have rethought how he was joining this community. Instead, he just mindlessly posted. This thread is the result.

Last edited by Cam; 03-27-2003 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:57 PM   #114
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Still could be worthwhile members, Cam. Still could be. Amongst other things, we don't hold anything against strong-willed women around here.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:59 PM   #115
Cam
dripping with ignorance

True that
Old 03-27-2003, 08:37 PM   #116
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Re: back in business

Quote:
Originally posted by antibitch
back in business
See. Yer hooked. You can't leave now. Yer last post was "probably the last" and yet you are back.

Next thing ya know, you'll have your own forum and be writing goofy shit like Syc and Juju do.

Last edited by slang; 03-27-2003 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:06 PM   #117
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Okay Ep...here goes...

Why did antibland have to have his woman fight his battle here? Man, what a pussy.

Slang, you're just jealous. I understand. Hard not to be.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:22 PM   #118
linknoid
Superior Inhabitant

Quote:
Originally posted by Ike_is_my_Cat
when I first joined (several months ago), I admit, it may have been a little intimidating trying to make a place for yourself in an already established group...
Hey, I'm curious, how does one know when they've stopped being a newbie and started being part of the group. I think I've posted less than 10 times total here, since I usually don't post anything unless I really have something worth sharing (seems like if anyone does reply, it's usually wolf). I came across the site from a link in someone's slashdot .sig about a year ago, and I've been keeping up almost every day since then. So where does the transformation from newbie to part of the crowd come in? I wonder how many other lurkers are out there like me that consider themselves part of The Cellar, but hardly ever post. I know all the most common posters by alias and what people's general demeanors are, but does that make me part of the group, or just an outsider looking in?

This place is definitely a lot more "homelike", a community of real people, compared to a place like slashdot inhabited by the teeming masses (over 600,000 registered users, last time I looked).
Old 03-27-2003, 11:31 PM   #119
Elspode

If my own experience is any evidence, I think it is when you piss off Radar or the Superiority Complex Formerly Known as Cairo. Once you've done that, you're part of the crowd.

There may be other minor qualifications as well...
Old 03-27-2003, 11:42 PM   #120
Elspode

Re: back in business

Quote:
Originally posted by antibitch
To Ike_is_my_Cat and And:

The sort of blatent falsehoods you're rearing your heads at now are precisely the kind I found on this site concerning antibland that drove me to post my original rant.
I think I'm beginning to see at least part of the problem here, Ms. AB. You were taking us seriously.

I can see where you might find offense at the things that were posted, but I assure you that none of it was personal. How could it be? Neither of you really know us in any sense, nor we you, so you were faceless, without identity. You may think this indicates cruelty or callousness on the part of Cellar Dwellars (tm), but it doesn't.

It indicates that the residents herein happily toss around crude humor, foul language and what sounds on the surface like inhumane commentary, but it is largely extreme sarcasm and carefully calculated mock cynicism that is being played for laughs. Unfortunately, your beau ended up on the receiving end this time. Wouldn't have happened if we'd been allowed to get to know him first.

Jump into the pool, swim with us sharks for awhile. You'll find out that we make pretty good pets in the long run, and I seriously doubt that you'll experience another episode like our 'logo contest' and the attendant commentary. People here tend to go out of their ways to help folks once they know who they are. Misunderstandings happen, especially with a creative and somewhat edgy group like this.

Pax? C'mon, jump in...it'll be fun! Besides, there are actually true jerks here as well as the good folk, and you can enjoy verbally kicking the crap out them, too!