The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #1
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

A wind of change in the White House?

Gen.Petraeus talking with Iraqi militans.. US talking with Iran and Syria re Iraq. US talking to N.Korea?

I admit I haven't been too complimentary about Condi Rice in the past, but it seems this lady is getting more and more influence in the WH and it seems to be working quite well. Kudos to her and what a waste of time and Colin Powell....
Old 03-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What make you think it's her influence and she's not just doing what she's told, in each situation?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I think we're at a point where we've picked up our toys and gone home, and now have no choice but to slink back and try to make peace. Although, I didn't think the stance on N. Korea was wrong...the other situations we're in just made that one worse.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
What make you think it's her influence and she's not just doing what she's told, in each situation?
Either that or maybe W finally realizes how bad he's F'd up everything and is letting someone else take the wheel. Its kind of sad that we are so deep in damage control that this is considered good news.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:29 AM   #5
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Told her by whom? Rove? Junior? Cheney? You gotta be serious...
Old 03-11-2007, 04:49 AM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

By any of them, she works for all three.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #7
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
Either that or maybe W finally realizes how bad he's F'd up everything and is letting someone else take the wheel. Its kind of sad that we are so deep in damage control that this is considered good news.
George Jr never took the wheel. Condi Rice also was another wind dummy for the administration. In their last two years, the George Jr decision makers must finish what they can. There is no time left for Pearl Harboring of N Korea. There is no time left for invading Iran. Time to close the books in such as way that any blame or failure will be placed on someone else. Idea is to make it difficult in history to blame George Jr's administrations for the problems that will occur eventually.

Never forget for one minute what is most important to these neocons at this point. Their legacy.

Condi Rice is a total lightweight who figures out what is expected and then does so. A strategic thinker? Even her own undersecretary of state to promote an American image in the Middle East - Karen Hughes - does not even speak Arabic. Does not matter. She has an undersecretary of state for that function - makes here look good.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
George Jr never took the wheel.
Except, of course, that time when he drove the truck into quicksand.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:48 AM   #9
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
By any of them, she works for all three.
Rice works for Cheney and Rove? Nah... with the removal of Rumsfeld, Feith, Bolton, Wolfowitz and other morons and the reduced influnce of Cheney, Rice is getting more and more grip on foreign policy.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:17 AM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Rove calls the political shots directly to W.
Condi is still a muppet, no matter who's hand is up her butt. She's an agent of her husband... uh, er I mean the President. Other than her briefcase doesn't say Dominos on it, there isn't much difference. She doesn't make policy, just delivers it.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #11
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Sorry xoBruce, I just won't buy that Junior is the source of wisdom. Maybe his father, James Baker III, but surely not Junior.

And that hand up her butt was a matter of speaking, right?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #12
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippikos View Post
Sorry xoBruce, I just won't buy that Junior is the source of wisdom. Maybe his father, James Baker III, but surely not Junior.
So Cheney is not meeting personally with all nation leaders where America must make the most progress (every middle east nation from Israel to India). George Jr, meanwhile, takes a tour of S America where he cannot do any harm. Which one is really making decisions to finish these last two years - and which one is simply doing peripheral propaganda?

The scope of this presidency is collapsing down on the issues it must leave / change to protect its legacy. George Jr is clearly not leading those efforts. Why is George Jr sent to AL to shake hands with tornado victims? What is what George Jr's job really was - a front man. That is still what he is.

Why does George Jr not read his own memos - did not even read one entitled "Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US"?

That still has not changed. Changed are the objectives in this administration - a scope now changed only to protect neocon's legacy.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippikos View Post

And that hand up her butt was a matter of speaking, right?
Since when do you have to be a "source of wisdom" to be in charge. Anybody here think their boss is less than a "source of wisdom"? Hands? Yeah, I thought so.

Do you think things would be as they are if a "source of wisdom" was calling the shots?

Hand up the butt is how muppets, puppets and dummies are controlled, rather than strings like marionettes.