The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-07-2004, 06:47 PM   #16
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

*whew* Thank God you're both taking the self-righteous high road...I was worried there for a minute.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:56 PM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I am caught up on not one, but four (count 'em FOUR) message boards. And I'm continually pissed off that no one is responding fast enough on any of them.

And no, as a matter of fact, I'm not over my regular caffiene dosage. Why were you asking?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:05 PM   #18
Griff
still says videotape

I guess you shoulda gone to Mass this morning, eh?

Wolf, since you're here, was it you that mentioned Bringing Out the Dead, as a pretty good ambulance flick? Watched it last night, fabulous. Nice soundtrack to...
Old 03-07-2004, 07:09 PM   #19
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
I am caught up on not one, but four (count 'em FOUR) message boards. And I'm continually pissed off that no one is responding fast enough on any of them.
You too?

Man, if someone doesn't post on one of these boards soon, I'm going to have to break down and do some housework.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:13 PM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Yes, Griff, that was me that loves that movie.

Best ambulance movie ever ... most realistic. The book is really intense too. Best fire movie is Backdraft.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 03-07-2004, 07:42 PM   #21
Cam
dripping with ignorance

I always find my Sunday afternoons way to short, at least as of late. I've been closing at the restraunt I work at(we close at 2 A.M.) , and then having to go back in at 10 the next morning. I usually only put in about 5 hours on Sunday, but by the time I'm off I just want to sleep, and when I get up the day is shot.

But before I started working there, I remember Sunday's going by incredibly slowly.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:08 PM   #22
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Yes, Griff, that was me that loves that movie.

Best ambulance movie ever ... most realistic. The book is really intense too. Best fire movie is Backdraft.

So what is you opinion of Mother, Jugs & Speed ?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 08:12 PM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Cute movie, funny comedy, formerly known as the "only ambulance movie."

I was never very fond of Bill Cosby as an actor. Stand up? yeah. Actor, no.

Old 03-07-2004, 08:31 PM   #24
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

so far the Sunday list is looking good.

The hole and the powder burns in the wall have been repaired/painted over.

I filled out 25 job applications with a black crayon ( as usual ) but had to use the red crayon after the black one got too small to write with.

Sent Bush an e-mail.....recieved an auto-reply with an attachment showing a military style "thermal image" of my side of the building, presumably from that nice friendly cube van that's always parked down the street. They goofed up my name too....called me Mr. Hinkley. Ahh-well, just got me mixed up with someone else that just e-mailed them prolly.

Found a stuffed aminal dog ( that I *didnt* run over with the car ) to substitute for the neighbor's mutt. Should buy some time anyway.

Peeled the black plastic away from the window and *looked* outside instead of actually going outside during daylight.

While looking outside, spied some people that looked like they might have a life......studied them briefly....made some notes in my "if I had a life" workbook.

Took the vac totally apart to "fix" it.....lost some pieces in the process insuring that the vacuuming task stays deleted.

so overall.......looks pretty productive for a Sunday.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 08:40 PM   #25
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Sundays:

Collect shells with 2yr old neice (yes.. EVERY sunday )

Kayak - this is my sunday sport. its the most relaxing thing to do, you see beautiful sights, you get the sunshine in your face, you get out and se the wildlife and its great upper body exercise.

tapestry - currently doing a work of a jabiru from the Northern territory wetlands.

study or do one of many overdue assignments.

if i can help it, i dont watch TV - it bores the crap out of me.

go visit some friends

go surfing/ beach lengthing (weather permitting)

Go to yoga (9.30 am on sundays, or 4.30pm in the arvo)

so yeah, thats me.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:52 PM   #26
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by slang
I filled out 25 job applications with a black crayon ( as usual ) but had to use the red crayon after the black one got too small to write with.
I'll go back to activities on Monday and see if they have any extra black crayons.

Do you like the "regular" size (from the box of 64 with the sharpener) or the "big size for small hands" kind?

Old 03-07-2004, 08:54 PM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Sparkz
tapestry - currently doing a work of a jabiru from the Northern territory wetlands.
When you say tapestry ... do you mean needlepoint, crewel, embroidery, counted cross stitch, or actual tapestry weaving? I do a lot of different textile crafts and am always on the lookout for a new one.

I should have been doing some crafty stuff today, didn't really feel into it.

Spent part of the afternoon shredding documents.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:03 PM   #28
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Do you like the "regular" size.....or the "big size for small hands" kind?
I like them both. The regular sized crayons sharpen easier but the large size holds a point longer.

The larger size also can clog the vac, which is another side benefit.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:12 PM   #29
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

When i say tapestry, i mean of needlepoint variety. the others i am not very interested in however i would love to try the woven type but the cost of setup is way beyond my price range, for a hobbie anyway.

I have done a few things, flannel flowers, hibiscus, old corner store, galahs in flight, fairy in the moonlight with flowers and trees, and the current jabiru.

I like the natural scenes and wildlife tapestries, i dont really like the ones with the 19th century ladies in then or the boring cottages with flowers in the garden. its hard to find these nice nature tapestrys however, they seem to cater for a much older generation of needlepointer in Australia.

I think its relaxing, and at the end you get a beautiful original piece to decorate your abode with.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #30
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

where i get some of my tapestries

www.needlegraphics-downunder.com

www.stitcherscorner.com.au