FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Tales from the store....

aiaiai

I'm the second or third person in in the morning, so often answer the phone to the call offs. This morning, the call was from Brenda on behalf of Joe Smith She was pretty frantic even though the supervisor she wanted to speak to wasn't in, so I promised to pass on her number and have them call back immediately they got in. I did so, passed the message on via post-its, email and word-of-mouth. Followed up with the supervisor when I saw him.

Joe Smith is in Jail. This is a nice store in a nice part of a nice town, but many of the team have "issues" and so this is sadly not the first time. Even the nice older lady who used to run the bakery served a couple of months last year for something that caught up with her unexpectedly.

What was a little special though is that this is mostly problematic for us because Joe has been the sole pizza guy for a few weeks -because the main pizza guy is already in jail. I wonder if they're roomies?