The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #376
lookout123
changed his status to single

Sooo, my not quite ex is seeing someone - but swears she isn't. I know for a fact that she is. And I've known the bastard as long as she has. frickingfrackingsonamotherlessgoat...

anyway - in our not-yet-finalized divorce agreement we agreed that we would not introduce people we were dating to our son until it was a serious relationship - to avoid messing with his head.

well, she has neatly skirted that issue by saying that she isn't seeing anyone. She has been taking my son to hang out with her at the prick's house, taking him to the prick's kids sporting events, etc... But there isn't a damn thing I can do about it, because she isn't "dating" him.

what exactly is the proper response here - other than throttling her and burying him in the desert?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #377
marichiko

As much as anything, wouldn't the problem be that the agreement is "not yet finalized"? It also seems like it would difficult for EITHER party to enforce. "Oh, him/her! We're not dating, we're just friends!"

It sucks the way she is continuing to game you, Lookout.

Are you guys trying for joint custody or is she the main custodial parent? Frankly, I don't think she should be taking lil' Lookout ANYWHERE from what you have described of her behavior.

And burying the dude out in the desert would seem like an enticing option.

Perhaps this show of poor faith on her part is something that could be brought to the judge's attention?

Old 04-23-2006, 09:02 PM   #378
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I would say report this information regarding the not-dating to your attorney.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
Old 04-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #379
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

HTML Code:
She has been taking my son to hang out with her at the prick's house, taking him to the prick's kids sporting events, etc...
These are dates? Or are they dating without the kid around? Are you sure you aren't jumping to conclusions?
Old 04-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #380
lookout123

she hooked up with this guy a few weeks or so ago, and they've been "just hanging out" sometimes til 4 or 5 in the morning. sure they could be playing parcheesee, but...

the bringing the kids along thing has only been in the last several days.

i know that eventually my son will meet whoever she is dating - that is a part of life. the issue is that we had come to an agreement that we weren't going to drag our kid out for every little fling. that just messes with a kid's head. her older sister has had an amazing string of boyfriends that she has inflicted on her kids and it messes with them. no stability and all that. adults can deal with the fact that lovers come and go. kids have a harder time understanding why mom isn't friends with the nice guy who was here last week.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #381
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sure, I understand your concern for the kid, just wondering if you're worrying needlessly in this case. You may be right, I was just wondering.

You could tell him you're planning on burying any lovers in the desert.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:14 AM   #382
Dee
Disorderly Disciplinarian

i feel your pain i have seen many friends marriages that end is bad situations sometimes even before they have really begun. to see them go through it really tares me apart. I have been married for four years now and we seem to be doing well together, people come to us and ask advise but there is nothing we can tell them they haven’t all ready heard. the main thing to remember is the children is the most important thing for it is they that suffer the most and most just suffer in silence.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:19 AM   #383
Dee
Disorderly Disciplinarian

"You could tell him you're planning on burying any lovers in the desert"

PS
Bruce it is still illegal to dispose of unwanted people in the desert. isn't it? though did you know that a pig can dispose of a body in just a couple of hours you just have to remember to go back later to dispose of the teeth.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:03 AM   #384
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Any chance of talking to the guy and explaining this to him?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #385
lookout123

well, i'm pretty sure that if he cared at all what i thought he wouldn't be fucking my wife. i know she is my soon to be ex, in my book - until you aren't married, you're still married. he knows me. he knows some of what has unfolded here. he is just stepping in to get a piece of ass that is normally out of his alcoholic redneck league.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:39 PM   #386
mrnoodle
bent

She's probably been doing that guy for ages, but has only let it come out in the open now that the divorce is becoming official.

You're getting there, lookout. Just hold on till all the paperwork is done, then she will officially become someone else's problem.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #387
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Wasn't sure what the situation was exactly. I am inclined to agree with mrnoodle that this is probably in the open only now. Sounds like they deserve each other.

Just more evidence to present that she's unfit to take care of your kid.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #388
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebediah
Sounds like they deserve each other.
Exactly. Woe unto us who get what we deserve. Give it time. The train will wreck yet.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Old 04-24-2006, 07:29 PM   #389
lookout123

1) she doesn't admit that she is doing anything
2) he is certainly only a recent hookup
3) he is not the first
4) he won't be that last
Old 04-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #390
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
...You're getting there, lookout. Just hold on till all the paperwork is done, then she will officially become someone else's problem.
BWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
/evil lookout laugh