The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #6571
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Welcome skipper386, I noticed your post.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #6572
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hi skipper. :waves:

Wow, that monster post was like, 2007. Eerie.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #6573
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper386 View Post
I had that kind of feeling today, and much worse than that, I feel like a ghost, no one seems to notice me and I hate that!
did you hear something?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #6574
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

You really do have a wicked sense of humour jim ;p

@llo there skipper, welcome to the cuckoo's nest. Wolf will be round directly with the meds. Try not to get under the orderly's feet.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #6575
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Oh my, Griff. 24? Geez.

Will he/she be OK?
She is supposed to be coming back to work tomorrow, so I hope so. She was attributing the event to all kinds of different things, stress migraine etc... but the CAT scan (I think) confirmed. She didn't get it checked out for a week, who thinks stroke at her age?
Old 04-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #6576
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

that's just messed up right there. 24? stroke? no. no one could think that.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #6577
monster
I hear them call the tide

It is related to migraines at that age -that's what they told my SIL. If she's coming back to work, that's excellent news.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #6578
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It is related to migraines at that age -that's what they told my SIL. If she's coming back to work, that's excellent news.
OK OK! I'll go to the doc and get my headaches checked out. Happy now?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #6579
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
...who thinks stroke at her age?
No disrespect meant at all, Griff, but substance abusers have a disproportionate number of strokes at a young age. Cocaine, even booze can do it.

so can some of the other drugs kids like to use - like Adderall, ritalin, etc.

I don't mean to imply that she is a substance abuser, but docs know it is a possibility.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #6580
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
OK OK! I'll go to the doc and get my headaches checked out. Happy now?
yes.

My SIL was not active at all, either. Her case was quite extreme, she was found unconscious and only just survived. She is permanently disabled now -physically and mentally. I don't know if it could have been prevented.

I think griff's cow orker has been extremely lucky by the sounds of it and hopefully will be able to do something to prevent future strokes, but if not, at least know to go straight to the doc.

Well that's cheerful, huh? Sorry to bring y'all down.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #6581
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Shit - I was here to post about my recent low-grade health problems (culminating with a day in bed today, which I HATE to take in this job)
Feels pathetic now...

Support and love to those really suffering health issues.

Have had catarrh for a while now.
Combined with viral symptoms (two tops on and shivering with the heating on - this from the person who would like to live in a freezer) and then sheathed in sweat, drenching the bedclothes with the fan on and the window open. All joints aching, heachache, every tooth in my head hurting, every follicle of hair... Also sickness (prolly from constant coughing) and then diarrhoea. Oh and complete loss of appetitie. Now that is a serious symptom.

So after another night last night coughing ineffectively (despite decongestant) and sweating through the bedclothes, waking up every 40 minutes as far as I can tell, I have rested today and am up and about this evening.

I will make up the time at school. It won't affect my pay (I'll get a reduced rate as sick pay I think, or maybe even not be paid - I didn't pay attention to the contract!) but Tiger will get the hours he's supposed to.

Am still speaking in a hoarse whisper and coughing when I move, but I no longer feel liable to puke in anyone's lap.

Damn Reception-level infection rates though. The first job I've ever loved (I did enjoy some of course) and I've had two days off in the first six months. Pathetic. Anyone suggest anything to boost the immune system that actually has medical proof?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #6582
Nirvana
Back in 10

Colloidal Silver, while I don't have the required medical documentation I don't really get a day off. Animals need food 7 days a week. My hub and I are rarely ill no matter whose children or those that are sick, we are around.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #6583
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl
Anyone suggest anything to boost the immune system that actually has medical proof?
Vitamin D. Much higher doses than the RDA, which is a pittance and will only barely stave off rickets. 1,000-2,000 IU per day, in my non-medically-licensed opinion.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #6584
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
yes.

My SIL was not active at all, either. Her case was quite extreme, she was found unconscious and only just survived. She is permanently disabled now -physically and mentally. I don't know if it could have been prevented.

I think griff's cow orker has been extremely lucky by the sounds of it and hopefully will be able to do something to prevent future strokes, but if not, at least know to go straight to the doc.

Well that's cheerful, huh? Sorry to bring y'all down.
I went today, both my hip hurt and had a headache today. Doc thinks migraines and I'm too fat. He gave sample migraine meds, told me to loose weight (which I knew but I wanted to make sure there was nothing else going on with my hip b/c the pain is really bad) and took an x-ray just in case. Said if there is something wrong with the bone (I have been in a couple of wrecks) I might need physical therapy. I took the migraine med earlier and I still have some pain, so I'm not sure if thats gonna do it. I might have to go back, he said if it didn't work they'd have to check for other causes. I've had the headaches since I was a child they've just been worse lately.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #6585
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
No disrespect meant at all, Griff, but substance abusers have a disproportionate number of strokes at a young age. Cocaine, even booze can do it.

so can some of the other drugs kids like to use - like Adderall, ritalin, etc.

I don't mean to imply that she is a substance abuser, but docs know it is a possibility.
Yeah, but not this one. Apparently she has a hole in her heart which is where the clot came from... She worked today but I think she should have been resting. I'm exhausted and all I have is back strain.

Tags
swiss