The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 03-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #1
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Red face An Awkward Moment

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but I decided it does kind of fall into the 'Parenting' category...

My dad's in from out-of-town, partially for business, partially to visit me, Monkeyboy and other family, and partially to accompany his lady love, with whom he hasn't had much time to spend lately. I learned earlier this evening that things have been prickly with them, and the games are in high gear. Of course, the drama of love doesn't wear out even when middle age sets in.

To make a long story short, Dad's been staying with me and Monkeyboy, while his lady has been staying at a local hotel. And tonight, they had a romantic dinner planned...which began many hours ago.

The thing is, Dad was very unsure if he'd be spending the night at the hotel (things were weird last night), or if he'd be returning to stay at our condo, so he said he'd call to let us know...but here it is, 2:30 AM and, well, he hasn't called.

Monkeyboy thinks I shouldn't worry, and not call. And part of me remembers back to my crazy kid days when I stayed out all night and didn't call home (and caught huge hell for it), but *I* knew I was fine. So, maybe this is a case of "what comes around, goes around." But I have to admit, I'm worried...

Should I call Dad? If I get voicemail, it wouldn't make a difference peace-of-mind-wise. But if he does answer, I'll know he's OK...but I'm loathe to interrupt a moment that might finally be going well.

I'm so glad I don't have kids. I don't think I could handle it. Though with kids, I'd WANT to interrupt that moment!
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:22 AM   #2
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

leave him alone , he is an adult and can take care of his self !!

Ever had a phone at just the " WRONG " time ???
Old 03-10-2007, 02:31 AM   #3
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Oh yeah

Thanks zippy, you're right--he's an adult...I have to remember he's a big guy, too, in case he's left out on the mean streets of Philly!
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote