Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #16
Tulip
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The secret to getting it to stay on is Lipcote. I've only ever seen it in the UK, though. paint it on over your lipstick, wait a minute or so for it to dry and you're good to go. For the entire day.

http://www.lipcote.com/
Ohhhhhhh.....cool, me likey... What I'm wondering is why are the sealant glosses in colors when it's used to seal in your favorite lip color?
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I don't use or understand makeup. Never wanted to. My hen-friends keep pushing me, but my belief is that makeup represents a lie, and I don't wish to present myself to the world based on a lie. And yes, hair coloring is makeup, too.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #18
monster
I hear them call the tide

I like to wear it occasionally (like once a year maybe full make up and eyeliner and mascara only perhaps twice), just to look different. But I never do the whole base and slap thing. I always take it on holiday and never wear it! Sis wore it the whole time, even at the waterpark, and she has the better complexion. I prefer to spend my time on the interwebs in the morning

you know though, I wear it to "shock/suprise", but it does piss me off a little when people say "oh how pretty/beautiful" I look with my make-up on. Like I'm a complete heifer without it. "Different" would be a little more tactful or even "gorgeous" or "sexy" -in the same way that a slinky black dress can be sexier than a pair of holed sweatpants with the same bod underneath both.... but hey, maybe I only wear make-up when I'm alreasdy feeling low on the self-confidence so I'm more tetchy then.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #19
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Speaking as a guy, I don't really care what kind of lipstick a woman wears, although maybe there is some some subliminal aspect. I guess I do notice extreme colors like black or bright red.

Still, back when I was dating, the best kind of lipstick was the kind that ended up on my .
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #20
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I had an ugly lady in my office the other day with some seriously heinous red lipstick on. matched nothing else on her....

this color red:

but she was unattractive in general, and didn't appear to have any other makeup on. and she wasn't wearing a red dress...like you would have to with that color...

it was disturbing
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #21
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
There's one in our local maul.
chuckled out loud

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #22
Juniper
I know, right?

Avon has nice stuff, usually has samples, and if you hate the color the rep will return it and give your money back/get you a new one.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:16 AM   #23
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Re application... I like the two step lippys, won't kiss off type ones... But the matt part can be drying, so you have to keep applying the gloss.

The other method I figured out when was young was to apply a light layer of lippy... Then rub some light moisturiser into your lips... This kinda soaks the colour in. Follow up with another coat of lipstick or a gloss... You'll have colour that lasts all day or night.

For colour... I stick to the tone of my natural lip colour...nothing to bright or unnatural.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #24
monster
I hear them call the tide

Try Lipcote. It rocks.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #25
Tulip
Professor

So, is Lipcote like a lipgloss? Meaning it colors your lips? Or is it just a non-color sealant? Or it comes in both ways?
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #26
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Have you considered Dior "Sensation Coral" or "Champagne Blush"? Those shades leap to mind when I look at your pic in your profile. Be careful, you don't want to draw too much attention from your gorgeous eyes
Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #27
Pie
Gone and done

Re: lipcote... Is there a way to buy it in the US? As monnie noted, it seems to be a UK-only product. Not found(!) on google shopping, Amazon, drugstore.com, etc. I'd hate to get myself dependent on some impossible-to-procure toiletry.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
I had an ugly lady in my office the other day with some seriously heinous red lipstick on. matched nothing else on her....
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #29
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Flo reminds me of this playboy character:

http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/14/14745.jpg

nsfw
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #30
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Black Honey - Clinique.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote