The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-06-2004, 11:20 PM   #241
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

wow. I think I broke it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:24 PM   #242
marichiko

Oh dear, I hate it when we have these battles over which personality will dominate. I really think YOU should come out this time. Remember what happened last week in that Gay Bar? Yech!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:25 PM   #243
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yup. I broke it.

Is there a doctor in the house?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:27 PM   #244
marichiko

Quick! Find a medic! LJ's coming undone at the seams and all his personalities are leaking out! AAARG, not THAT one LJ, you promised the rest of us you'd keep it a secret!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:38 PM   #245
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

oh man. it's really bad. totally fuckin broke it. this could get ugly. Marflipos, or Marfos....or Morphos......morph.....ooooooo.....eerie......anyway.......

Here's how you clear it up:

within the next 48 hours, post a picture of you and flippant(together in the same place) holding up signs with your user name(s) and some insult printed clearly. Additionally, you should also be holding an orange, and flippant holding a pear. Look angry in the picture. That should settle it.

unless you're really good with photo shop.

Last edited by lumberjim; 12-06-2004 at 11:39 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 12-06-2004, 11:45 PM   #246
marichiko

Me and my shadow, strolling down the avenue... How about a picture of you and me holding hands, I'll be holding a rose and you'll be holding your nose. Maybe we should call the doctor and ask him to up our meds? I'm calling you in sick tomorrow. I hate it when we have these public personality breaks. Where's Wolf when we really need her? I think we need to take a nice long winter's nap. Why don't you tell Onyx and Sycamore to stop pretending to be us while we're asleep? Nighty-nighty now.

Last edited by marichiko; 12-06-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:54 PM   #247
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
You're right. I'm going to go away now and let the rest of you fight among yourselves.
Hummm...where have we heard that before?

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more. It's a silly argument where neither side can prove anything. I'm outta this thread myself.
Quote:
I'm simply on vacation. Nice try assholes!...
Quote:
...I feel that at the very least the Cellar needs a vacation from me, and I from it...
Quote:
Marichiko 0, LJ 100...It's been great talking to almost all of you and I wish you all well.
oh, here.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:15 AM   #248
marichiko

OH, MY GOD! YOU ARE SO RIGHT! LJ, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US????

I told you to kep 404 under control, but would you listen? no!

Last edited by marichiko; 12-07-2004 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:37 AM   #249
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It's been kind of interesting watching the thread devolve.

I made my mistake early on in it, apologized, but kept reading.

One of the things that is generally refreshing about The Cellar, is that when people post, no matter what name they use, they post as themselves, rather than as some persona carefully crafted for internet consumption.

That has happened here, of course ... what's his name, that posted under two screen names and had discussions with himself.

That's cheating. If you have a point, you make it, and back it up. It stands on it's own merits, not because you have an alter ego or a friend who provides "me toos."

The sock puppet screen names are different ... I include here slang's cast of characters as well as Mari's and LJ's. I hadn't, incidentally, put it together that you were posting as Buddha, Mari. Good work. The sock puppets sometimes provide much needed humor in a situation that has gotten entirely too tense.

ThreadHijackMan needed to visit here long, long ago.

I think this thread would be best served by allowing it to fade into posterity. Don't nobody collect up your toys and go home at this point, though.

I don't expect that we'll all just get along, in fact, I hope that we don't. Constant agreement is really pretty fucking boring.

So, everybody stop agreeing not to continue to participate, read, or post to this thread. This hasn't helped so far.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #250
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

hey, check out mari's profile. I think i've been identity thefted. isn;t that illegal?

EDIT: she took it out. it was pretty funny.

Last edited by lumberjim; 12-07-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:22 AM   #251
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I got halfway through this thread and gave up.
Marichiko, if you still read the board and havent been driven away by some of the small minded, compassionless crap that gets spewed your way ( undeservedly in my opinion) then I just want to say good luck! Go for the job, it doesnt matter whether you get it or not, just applying is a start point. Engaging in the process at all will be good practise for the next and who knows maybe they are broadminded enough to give you a shot despite your lack of experience/qualifications.

I am really saddened to see the disdain you are subjected to by some of the people here. Disdain that seems to be based on a lack of empathy and compassion. I do not think you are maudlin, I do not think you talk only about your problems and I do not think your posts are in any way boring or annoying. As far as I am concerned yours is one of the names I look for in order to read an interesting post. Wolf, Jaguar, Catwoman, Lady Syc, Sycamore and Onyx Cougar are also on that mental list as is tw.

Keep us posted about your jobsearch and dont be put off by some of the less pleasant responses. Look through this thread and you'lll see many people who do care and are interested and who are quite happy to take the information you give about yourself at face value instead of weighing you down with a whole heap of doubts.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:43 AM   #252
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
I got halfway through this thread and gave up.
*smiles condescendingly* so....you missed the part where she had a meltdown, and posted under an alias to back herself up, and all that fun stuff? keep reading.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #253
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Or don't. It's not worth it.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:14 PM   #254
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
Or don't. It's not worth it.
Yeah not worth the price of admission.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote