The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #16
binky
all hollowed out

do my 2 children through c sections count? Sometimes my 13 yr old seems like a foreign object these days
Old 08-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #17
Tulip
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I had to have my permanent front tooth removed from my skull, in 2nd grade.

I put it there because I was playing on the playground, and being a smartass, and as I ran away I tripped and my tooth went into my head.

I don't ever remember putting anything in my ear or nose but I do remember my brother telling me it was good to eat rocks and so I found a really tiny one (might have been hard dirt, but it felt rockish) and tried to chew it. I was probably 3 or 4.

I can't imagine how a tooth can go all the way into the skull!!??!! Must've been a very painful fall, btw.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Well, I said skull but I guess I meant "face." lol

It was shoved up behind my nose...very hard fall indeed. The other front tooth, though root-canaled, had a slow and painful death. It just started to hurt one day, about a year later, and they thought it was dead but it hadn't been, and they root-canaled it and it still didn't die.

I finally got caps/bridges when I was 18 and my head was fully grown. Before that, it was a series of "flippers" and teeth attached to my braces, made of plastic.

Good times.

But it made me very brave at the dentist, and the years and years of orthodontists. "You have a small cavity, do you want novocane?" Uh, nah...I can probably take it.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
A disgusting ganglion cyst on the inside of my right wrist. It completely squicked me out. Couldn't stand to look at it, touch it, think about it....GAH!@! I'm all squirmy right now typing about it.
I had one on my left wrist that was huge. I was schedule to have it removed, but after I broke my watch band, the damn thing went away within a month.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #20
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I have one of those! The doctor tried to drain it, but the fluid is too thick. Contemplating the surgery.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #21
monster
I hear them call the tide

I had one. it went away
Old 08-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #22
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

when i was in 3rd grade, I got frustrated with a math problem, and spazzed. I went to jam my pencil point into my desk to destroy it, but I had the pencil backwards, and the point drove into my hand right in a crease(of the head line) and broke off. it's still in there.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #23
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

In 2nd grade, I had someone hold their pencil upwards on my seat just as I was sitting down. I had lead in my butt-cheek. I think was too embarrassed to go to the nurse, my teacher just let my go to the bathroom and make sure I got the point out. It wasn't too bad I guess, but that is the only foreign object I can remember.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #24
glatt

No doctor, but I had a two or three inch sliver of glass in the pad of my foot. A quarter inch or so was still on the outside, so I was able to carefully pull it back out. It got infected later and hurt like an SOB. I had no insurance and no money, so I never went to a doctor. Soaking in hot water all day let the pus find a way out. I cringe just thinking about that.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #25
Pie
Gone and done

A cow-orker got a splinter of fiber optic embedded in his eyeball... Had to go to the ER for that one.

I've had fiber sticks (mostly in my fingers) so many times, I've lost track. Polaroid film & tweezers are your friends.

Last edited by Pie; 08-24-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: grammar
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #26
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
when i was in 3rd grade, I got frustrated with a math problem, and spazzed. I went to jam my pencil point into my desk to destroy it, but I had the pencil backwards, and the point drove into my hand right in a crease(of the head line) and broke off. it's still in there.
technicaly then that doesn't count as it wasn't removed :p

I have a balck mole on my arm which I am convinced is a piece of grit from A fall off my bike when I was a kid.

Some small ball up my nose when I was small, the nieghbour was a nurse who fished it out, does that still make the cut since whe wasn't a doctor
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #27
jinx
Come on, cat.

I had several small bits of black plastic from the handle of my ski pole lodged in my lip from a bad fall. They worked there way back out over the next few years...
Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #28
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Polaroid film & tweezers are your friends.
? Polaroid film?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #29
Pie
Gone and done

Any polarizing filter/film. It helps differentiate the shiny glass from the shiny wet, bloody tissue surrounding it, as they have different polarization reflection characteristics.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #30
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Any polarizing filter/film. It helps differentiate the shiny glass from the shiny wet, bloody tissue surrounding it, as they have different polarization reflection characteristics.
Why I love browsing at teh Cellar!