The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #46
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

GrandCherokeeOne was running on fumes yesterday evening.

Filled it up for $31 even. $1.999 per.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #47
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

tweren't on fumes then
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #48
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Old 12-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #49
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Why the consistent bump up on Wednesdays? Is that the day most people fill up their tank? Or the last day before the weekly delivery from the gas truck? Or what?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #50
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I don't know why. figures though. that's my day off, so I'm more likely to buy it that day, on the way out to see the kids. fuckery.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:56 PM   #51
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
tweren't on fumes then
My fuel level indication system doesn't indicate. Fixed it once, ain't fixing it again. When I put gas in, I look at gallons, multiply that times 15 mpg (call it 15, avg) and get range.

I was 17 miles past "Holy shit, man, put gas in the Jeep!" stage. When the math runs out, that's fumes.

Gravdigr don't run outta gas.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #52
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

a wise policy. your fuel pump may be inside the tank and fuel cooled....and at the least, you don't want to get so low that all the goo and detritus at the bottom of your tank gets into your fuel lines.

I was just remarking that if you topped it of with $31 at eff. $2/gal, that's only 15.5 gallons. The 93-98 ZJ Grand Cherokee held 23 gallons. 99 on up it's 20.5

I always panic when my gas light comes on because the gauge looks so low, but you're supposed to have 25-50 miles left in the tank when that comes on. The MOST I've put in the Commander at one time is 17.4 gallons. It's built on the same platform as the 06 Gr Cherokee. Says it has a 20.5 gallon tank as well..... I think I'm better off thinkink it has 17.5 in my head.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #53
monster
I hear them call the tide

The car we sold when we left the UK had a fucked up fuel indicator too. gave up trying to assplain to the people who bought it, they got a steal anyway -we were flying the next day
Old 12-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #54
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I once completely ran out of gas, and the car died in the middle of a small highway. I was never in any danger, just pulled onto the shoulder as it coasted to a stop. But it was embarrassing and super annoying. Ever since then, I get a tiny jolt of panic every time I see the gas light come on.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #55
monster
I hear them call the tide

Hebe is paranoid about the car running out of gas, but not sure why, we never have. ...Well, we did run it on fumes/gas light for 30 miles in the UP with no idea where a gas station was ...when she was driving. But I'm sure it's not that
Old 12-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #56
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
a wise policy. your fuel pump may be inside the tank and fuel cooled....and at the least, you don't want to get so low that all the goo and detritus at the bottom of your tank gets into your fuel lines.

I was just remarking that if you topped it of with $31 at eff. $2/gal, that's only 15.5 gallons. The 93-98 ZJ Grand Cherokee held 23 gallons. 99 on up it's 20.5

I always panic when my gas light comes on because the gauge looks so low, but you're supposed to have 25-50 miles left in the tank when that comes on. The MOST I've put in the Commander at one time is 17.4 gallons. It's built on the same platform as the 06 Gr Cherokee. Says it has a 20.5 gallon tank as well..... I think I'm better off thinkink it has 17.5 in my head.
I'm not entirely sure that GCOne has a 23 gal tank, but, I won't argue with someone who sounds like they know.

But, I will get the manual out, and look.

Name:  GC1tank.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  44.9 KB

ETA: Well, whaddya know...23.0 gallons.

I'll never doubt you again, good Sir Jim.

I was doubtful mainly because this has happened, more times than is manly to admit, and I don't think either of us has ever put more than 20 gallons in the tank.

Name:  Outta Gas...Againb.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  98.3 KB

Ah, well, live visit teh Cellar, and learn.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 12-30-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #57
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Maybe there's a beach ball in mah tank?

Old 12-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #58
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Heheheh....

Now Popdigr's arguing with Jim, too. Vehemently.

Shown the manual, he's still not buying it.