The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #121
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Fourth quarter 2012 economic slow down is attributed to cuts in defense spending.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambro...-gdp-down-0-1/
Old 02-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #122
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Fourth quarter 2012 economic slow down is attributed to cuts in defense spending.
Forbes only cites that as only one reason for the downturn. Others have listed many other reasons. The most obvious was uncertainty intentionally created by extremist who said they want the economy to fail. And who are intentionally creating gridlock at every oppurtunity so that Obama will fail.

Despite those extremists, the economy is recovering. And government debt is being reduced for record levels created by wacko extremsits and George Jr in 2007.

We could easily advance America by eliminating what obviously makes America less productive. The paper dollar bill is a perfect example. We waste $1 billion annually making that rediculous paper (that was once called a dime). No other major economy uses a denomination that tiny. Canada eliminated their paper dollar over 20 years ago. Britian uses a coin worth about $3.25. 5 Euros (about $3.70) is a coin. But America would spend $1 billion because extremists hate change; want to make America fail.

It demonstrates why they promoted so much fear last quarter to create economic downturn and malaise.

Why does America have no plans to make America more productive? We have wacko extremists who will do anything to make America less productive and less prosperous. So that they can be reelected. That is a major reason for a last quarter downturn. Their extremist obstruction is also cited by WalMart for seriously reduced sales in February.

These people are so extremist that we cannot even get rid of paper $1 and $5 bills. So extremist that we still waste money making pennies ($0.01).
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #123
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Who the fuck wants to carry around dozens of $1 and $5 coins?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #124
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Sounds like change for the sake of change to me.

We have 5, 10, 20, 50 cent and 1 and 2 dollar coins. I haven't noticed myself walking in circles through being weighed down on one side by my wallet full of coins.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #125
Griff
still says videotape

Don't worry so much, inflation will turn those dollars into pennies. Leave them on the ground or in the tray.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #126
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Who the fuck wants to carry around dozens of $1 and $5 coins?
It was never a problem when quarters dimes, quarters, and half dollars were used then as $1 and $5. Also not a problem everywhere in the world where coins have replaced stupid paper money to save money, increase jobs, and make monetary transactions easier.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #127
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
I haven't noticed myself walking in circles through being weighed down on one side by my wallet full of coins.
I can't help it if you pissed away your yen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Don't worry so much, inflation will turn those dollars into pennies. Leave them on the ground or in the tray.
Fuck that, inflation ain't that bad yet. I need those fives for my medical copays.

I ate a a very nice bar & restaurant on Cape Cod last week, that did away with all credit cards about a year ago. The $1,000 to $1,200 a month they're saving, they donate to local charities. On the back of the menus they list two charities for each month and amounts.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:36 AM   #128
Griff
still says videotape

That's cool. I'm seeing more small businesses turn against credit cards, but you need the right niche to pull it off.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #129
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The $1,000 to $1,200 a month they're saving, they donate to local charities.
Remember, banks are run by MBAs. People who enrich themselves by even stifling innovation.

Smart Cards are standard throughout the world for at least 20 years. America still has no smart cards because banks fear innovation. That would only hurt profits.

One town installed electronic parking meters. Collected about $1300 per month in parking fees on cards. Credit card companies take $700 of that. Credit card industry even got many laws changed so that a credit card purchase must cost a customer same as cash. And so many consumers have no idea who they are enriching when using credit/debit cards to buy coffee and donuts. Enriching people so corrupt as to even create this reception.

WalMart saw these profits were extreme. And therefore tried to get into the credit card business. The industry panicked. Because Walmart would offer a better product rather then increase profits.

Why do MBA go into banking? You are sheep to be fleeced. Money games enrich the MBA while leaving us to pay for the debts maybe ten years later. Welcome to the George Jr created recession. People got rich by producing nothing and stifling innovation. Then even blame the workers and unions.

What idiot would use a credit card that cannot be paid off at the end of the month? Fodder for MBAs.