The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 01-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #166
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

RK, about 4 years ago my brother fell from a 5 story building landing on his feet. He shattered his knee caps and his ankle bones. The doctors put metal bullits through his skin into his lower leg bones and some kind of weird metal shoes that kept his feet from actually bearing weight. He was a heavy man. Last year he had his stomach stapled so he could bear weight on his legs withough so much pain. He had tried martial arts but with out the ability to work up cardio the weight was hard to take off. He is in pain alot but never complains. He sucks it up every day so I never mean to be hard or callous. Just know that I understand your pain more than you could have ever imagined.

Last edited by skysidhe; 01-11-2007 at 07:27 AM. Reason: speeeling errors , duh
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #167
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

I can't speak for others but I'm certainly not trying to question what you're going through. Needless to say it's hard to see a good person in pain without trying to help. My questions are to those ends. Tact is a hard thing to convey over the net - please sprinkle it liberally over anything I say. There is pain and then there is PAIN. They should invent a new word for what you're going through.

Is lithotripsy an option for your kidney stones?
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #168
rkzenrage

Funny, they have never mentioned that, but with the state of my bones it does not surprise me. It would probably cause more harm than do good.
There has been recent talk of surgery and that is it.
I can't be on the PC for long now. I'm not supposed to be on it at all. I'm supposed to be still for the next two days or I can leak spinal fluid, but I wanted you guys to know that the tests, though no damn fun, did not do more damage.
I appreciate all of your kindness and putting up with all of my BS.
I'm really not a whiner and have a very decent attitude about all of this... just, these last few weeks have been a bit... much.
After the milogram I think my wife has an idea of how serious things are getting. I hate this.
She got all nervous because she knew I was not telling the nurses how much pain I was in so they would let me go home and they were very freaked out because the morphine they gave me did not work.
It was funny when one nurse brought a friend to look at me like a side-show attraction, "see, I told you, he's up, awake, talking and everything!"
At that point it kinda' hit home for her what my pain levels were & how long I have been dealing with them. I wish I had not been there to see it on her face.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #169
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Not sure how new or tested lithotripsy is. There can be all kinds of reasons a doc doesn't mention something. Can't hurt to ask I suppose. You wouldn't think something aimed at your organs would affect the bone but I'm no doc.

Do you ever get the docs that openly exclaim "We've never seen that before!" right in front of you? That's a heart-warming experience too.

Is it because you've had so much morphine in your time you're rather immune to it? Or is the pain that great? Both?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #170
monster
I hear them call the tide

Sorry I can't really do anything helpful, RK, but I so wish I could. Don't ever feel that telling us how it is, is whining. Whining is when I tell you about how much my bruised knee hurts where I fell over ice skating. Feel free to bitch-slap me if I ever do.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:55 PM   #171
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebediah View Post
Not sure how new or tested lithotripsy is. There can be all kinds of reasons a doc doesn't mention something. Can't hurt to ask I suppose. You wouldn't think something aimed at your organs would affect the bone but I'm no doc.

Do you ever get the docs that openly exclaim "We've never seen that before!" right in front of you? That's a heart-warming experience too.

Is it because you've had so much morphine in your time you're rather immune to it? Or is the pain that great? Both?
Every new Dr. does that with me... it gets old.
It is because I am in so much pain and because of a genetic tic that causes me to metabolize it quickly... mostly because of the amount of pain I am in and how long I have been in this much pain. It takes a lot to touch it.
I am also one of those who opiates makes very hyper for a time.
I did ask about "sound waves" during my last visit (did not know the tech name)... he just gave me a dirty look.
Just assumed it was because of my osteo problem.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #172
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Well crumbs, as if the pain wasn't bad enough? Do you have cannabis scripts in FL?

It's amazing how far medicine has come but very infuriating it hasn't come farther.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #173
rkzenrage

Nope, and the penalties for my using it are very high. It helps with spasms and with nausea better than anything far more than any med I have tried. I try not to use it or keep it in the house though, fear for my family.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #174
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I don't know what to do...
This used to be my place to "vent" when things got bad.
But now I feel like no one trusts me...
Things are bad.
Vent away. It's the internet, nobody is trusted by everyone. Some people seem to be negative about everything and everyone that posts. Fuck 'em. Do whatever is comfortable and don't worry about it, there's plenty of people who are interested and care, even if they don't comment.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #175
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Nope, and the penalties for my using it are very high. It helps with spasms and with nausea better than anything far more than any med I have tried. I try not to use it or keep it in the house though, fear for my family.
Those penalties piss me off severely. I'd like to see the politician who would
deny you any medication that works so they could be smacked even more senseless than they already are.

California is pretty good about it. Unless you get a total dick cop they don't care or confiscate what you have. Much worse are the feds who come in and handcuff people in wheel chairs (I'm not kidding) who are buying at clubs.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #176
rkzenrage

Been in the hospital since Wed. Kinda' complicated, tired now and don't really want to talk too much about it.
Doing better now. I'll tell you more about it soon.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #177
monster
I hear them call the tide

Sorry to here than, dude.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #178
rkzenrage

The whole kidney stone "issue" is a lot more complicated now.
Involving my bladder, problems with the nerves and all the damage with my back and some of my other pre-existing conditions.
I just spent half a week in the HP with a stone lodged with a bladder infection.
Still have six stones, on both sides now, and I may be having long-term issues with muscular control... all of this is VERY aggravated by my immune system being suppressed. It took six IVs of antibiotics to get it under control. I'm still taking oral antibiotics.
I really don't want to get a Candida infection. I need to read-up on how to avoid that.
The bed was awful and, in the end, the reason I am not still there now. It caused my hips to hurt so badly I could not stay still and they were going to have to medicate me more than they/or I liked.
Just trying to rest now and get this pain under control. If I could just find one damn comfortable (it's relative) position!
So, I spared you all the gory details... and trust me... there are some. In return:
Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:39 AM   #179
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

For places that're supposed to make you feel better and cared for, hospitals can sure be amazingly uncomfortable and oppressive at times. I hope you find some ease for your pain, and we're always here to listen.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #180
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Glad to hear you're back in your own bed at least!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote