The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 06-04-2004, 12:05 PM   #301
perth
Strong Silent Type

It's not, Wolf. I'm not sure why I'm even trying.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:25 PM   #302
wolf
lobber of scimitars

On my part it's largely because it's an active thread ... posting is kind of a reflex, and the stimulus is sometimes less unpleasant than getting whacked on the knee with a hammer.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:31 PM   #303
perth
Strong Silent Type

Well, for my part I think it's because I'm feeling petulant lately, and because Tomas is an easy target. That's really not very fair of me, but there it is.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:52 PM   #304
Tomas Rueda
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally posted by perth
Well, for my part I think it's because I'm feeling petulant lately, and because Tomas is an easy target. That's really not very fair of me, but there it is.
I Heard That!!! :p

oh well,

Quote:
Not anymore, and I'll tell you why. Those fuckers are notorious for stealing shit from people's desks. My colleagues and I have had water bottles, hats, books, and countless other things disappear overnight when they are the only people with access to the building. At least 3 have been dismissed because they were caught on camera doing it. So that's a bad example.
Perth, Don't you think that those people would be a little nicer if they were treated more nicer by your Boss/CEO/Chairman/President/Overseer/Manager/.... you get the point.

BTW, What does White-Collared mean? I've heard White-Collared and Blue-Collared and I have searched Google, yet no sign of meaning nearby.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:10 PM   #305
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

white-collar = office workers, versus blue-collar = honest labor, "working class"

It is an older idiom, and is not used as often as it once was.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:14 PM   #306
Tomas Rueda
Master of the Domain

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Thanks UT for expanding my vocaboulary a bit.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:11 PM   #307
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomas Rueda
About the living live to the fullest, doesn't it make you think that there are fellow celarites that are underground: hidden from everyone's eyes. remember in the beginning that the cellar asked you to be not noticed and sign in as a guest?

My appeal is to those people that have a posting rate of 20/1year or less. Those people, whom in society might be the working class, living close to downtown. They work tiresly day after day in places like school districts, restaurants, cafeterias, etc. who, because of low income(such as April (IRS)) they have to go to garage sales, Goodwill, The Salvation Army, not to get stuff for themselves, but to get it for their children.

here is my point. People with a nice paying gig, don't concern themselves about living:
how the hell do you know what people with good paying gigs think about? I have a good paying gig. I worked my ass off to get it. I did it because i DO want to"live life the the fullest" you stupid asshole. IQ of 136? yeah. People in factories and bus stations that earn just enough to squeak by are the ones NOT living life to its fullest.

This is the 4th or 5th just fucking stupid post of yours i've read tonight. I'm afraid i'm going to have to ask you to step away from the computer. You are not yet ready for the cellar. Now go and boil your bottom, you son of a silly person. Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of ....elderberries.

Last edited by lumberjim; 06-05-2004 at 11:21 PM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:19 PM   #308
blue
Operations Operative

I agree with you, but you do know this dickwad is 15 years old right?
Old 06-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #309
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yeah, thats part of my issue with him. i know he cant do anything about that, but when i was 15, i wasnt trying to school my teachers about the philosophy of things, and talking outof my ass at every turn. somehow, if he was 30 or so, id just think he was crazy. at 15, it sounds like arrogance.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:43 AM   #310
jaguar
whig

Been there, done that, if he actually does have a few brain cells he'll grow out of it soon enough assuming he's in the right environment.

I think the phrase you're looking for LJ is 'you second hand electric donkey bottom biter'. Oh and there's no p is hamster. On that note I bring you....realhamster , which should be enough to divert any flamewar.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:25 AM   #311
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
but when i was 15, i wasnt trying to school my teachers about the philosophy of things, and talking outof my ass at every turn.
When did it start, then?:p
Old 06-06-2004, 09:33 AM   #312
blue
Operations Operative

LOL
Old 06-06-2004, 10:18 PM   #313
Tomas Rueda
Master of the Domain

<aghast and speechless with a blank mind for 5 Min...>

I know I do not please people. I am not Hugh Jakcman or Jim Carrey . but If I gave a description of me, it would not matter since I cannot applaud myself.

and I know, LJ, that noones life is a smooth ride. in fact, everyone shares the pain, the agony, the shame, and those other feelings that are the MSG in the cake of life.

Well... what can I say. I have tried the culinary VS. the erotic. I ahve tried the Faith(sadly according to me) and I have even tried the placing a rope around the neck(should Tomas Be booted off the cellar)

but all have falied to give the impression of the Gesundheit!!!

Oh well, what can I do. My internet is canceling next week and Im' screwed with y'all. I do not know whether to congratulate myself or wish myself good lick. (ooops, Luck)

the only one thing that comes to mind is to greet people farewell.

gd'bye Radar
see ya Elspode
nice chatting xoxoxoBruce
Au Revoir Jumberjim
tu-tos blue
Et tu, Undertoad
×ôÓäʤ顡wolf
Adios perth
ciao jaguar...(this list shall continue unless otherwise told not to)
Old 06-07-2004, 12:42 PM   #314
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.
If you were that bad, you would have been ignored.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #315
Tomas Rueda
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
If you were that bad, you would have been ignored.
That's precicely what I have been.

even though I started threads that are more than 100 replies long, people answered just to see themselves talking. just like xoxoxoBruce said: it's a reflex to answer threads or so.

in a very simplified form, I said pip, the next guy says pop, the next one cop, top, toc, tic, tick, tack, tackle, packle, tackle, tickle, pickle, nickle, sickle, cell, tell, william, apple, dapple, maple, tree, tee, golf, woods, tiger, jack, nicholson, nick, ol' nick, santa claus, christmas, gifts, wrapper, rapper, JZ, JC, Jesus Christ, Christianism, World, Europe, England, Westminster Abbey, Scotland, Ireland, Bagpipes, Cork, cork, wine, sour, lemons, limes, lemonade, Irish Lemonade, yellow, colorblind, green, mint, chewing, gum, disease, deceaced, people, dancing, sideways, forward, up, tall, short, crummy, politics.

...And you ask me what does PIP and Politics have in common?!?!?!?