The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 09-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #166
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
And yet some 50% of Americans still say George Jr was doing a good job. Where does this denial really start?
The denial starts with Y-O-U, tw. You just simply cannot believe in being fair to Republicans, so you rave and slobber and disgrace and degrade and embarrass yourself in a silly, misguided, makes-the-Left-look-dumb effort to place blame for everything even unto the Ice Ages on people to the right of MoveOn.org. That is why everyone to the right of MoveOn.org thinks you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. That would be approximately 280 million Americans, tw.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:16 AM   #167
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
The denial starts with Y-O-U, tw.
This from someone who rewrites history to conform to his preordained political agenda? Your name would not be George Jr per chance? You did say no one expected the leeves to be breached? Sorry. I must have you confused with someone of lesser intelligence.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #168
bargalunan
Abecedarian

I heard this morning (Wednesday) on the radio "France Inter" that French rescuers were still not allowed to intervene in USA. So waiting, they're unloading trucks all day long and already foresee to come back to France.

I didn't know everything was all right.
bargalunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #169
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

There are lots of foreign aid shipments idling in ports, waiting for permission to come. Everything from water purifiers to portable cell phone towers.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #170
marichiko

Quote:
The denial starts with Y-O-U, tw. You just simply cannot believe in being fair to Republicans, so you rave and slobber and disgrace and degrade and embarrass yourself in a silly, misguided, makes-the-Left-look-dumb effort to place blame for everything even unto the Ice Ages on people to the right of MoveOn.org. That is why everyone to the right of MoveOn.org thinks you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. That would be approximately 280 million Americans, tw.
Nah, I think denial is spelled "UG"! You really want to tell us the government did a brilliant job on this one?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #171
Urbane Guerrilla

Rewrite history? Ballocks and balderdash. I rewrite nothing, but merely read it better than you do. It's always going to be that way.

Quote:
You did say no one expected the leeves to be breached? Sorry.
Sorry is right, you hemipygian stumblefuck, and you damned well should be sorry. I never said that and don't recall that anyone in this thread did.

Indeed when it comes to thought, you're beyond lame, tw. You are an amputee, scrabbling around on a four-wheel dolly.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 09-08-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #172
Urbane Guerrilla

Woo, now that's interesting! Noon Thursday, Fox News' McCowan just delivered herself of the line "Smoke on the Water" in the New Orleans flood coverage.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #173
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Sorry is right, you hemipygian stumblefuck, and you damned well should be sorry.
Insult and four letter words are the first symptoms of those who always know - facts be damned. The resulting frustration from having 'knowledge not based in reality' are insults and four letter words. Having said this, let us see how long it takes for Urbane Guerilla to post without insulting. Sounds like this could be an IQ test.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #174
marichiko

Hint for UG: Its very boring when one is trying to intelligently discuss or debate a topic to be constantly interrupted by a stream of invective and obscenities - rather like the 4 year old coming out in his pajamas and shreiking "Look at me!" to the adults at a cocktail party.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:37 PM   #175
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Wow, UG knows a clever word for 'half-assed'. 6 years ago the Republicans were given the keys to the country. A significant minority of them have proceeded to drive it off of the cliff, and only a few have the moral decency to protest. Any attempt by non-Republicans to point this out is immediately shouted down with cries of 'partisanship'.

There are arguably worse places to be subjected to this type of dismal leadership. A back trail in a jungle in Vietnam or an alley in Iraq comes to mind. But at least there you have the company of fellow armed travellers and the satisfaction that if an officer does something truly stupid, he will probably be the first one they shoot at.

Unfortunately, Darwin's law works in reverse when it comes to politics and the people who are truly and dangerously incompetent are usually the least likely to be affected by it.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #176
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

18 months later.

A friend of mine just got back from a mission trip to New Orleans to help gut a ruined, mold-infested house. 12 people on their team took two full days to get one house ripped down to studs and emptied.

She took lots of pictures. It blows my mind that a year and a half later, the place still looks like this:
Attached Images

Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #177
Clodfobble

The for sale signs were almost a sick joke. I don't know exactly what the spraypainted Xs mean, something to do with the mold and contamination, but almost all the houses had them.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #178
Clodfobble

RIP Zack.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #179
Clodfobble

Yes, that is a car under the house.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #180
Clodfobble

The red steps used to lead up to the house.
Attached Images