The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-26-2004, 11:11 AM   #46
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
So yeah, I carry that around, too.
Tweet! Time out. Invalid guilt on defence. Collect warm bath and breakfast in bed penalty. The future is unwritten, so don't make yourself nuts about hindsight and what might have been.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:23 PM   #47
Telefunken
Going for the DX

Sorry about starting the post. Been in a funk for the past three days.
Telefunken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:24 PM   #48
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Why are you sorry??!
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:40 PM   #49
Pi
desperate finder

My worst pain was a kick with cowboy-boots in my genitals when i was 12 or so. I was peeing blood for to days...
Old 02-26-2004, 03:35 PM   #50
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Looks like some of you weren't familiar with OC's story. Now, having read it, I think you can understand a small part of the reason some of us (me, for damn sure) hold her in such high esteem. To have endured the inhumane and senseless things which she has had forced upon her and hers, and to have come out of it all so damn warm, upbeat and just plain *sharp* is a testament to the human spirit.

The shit she's related about her life curls my hair. For the umpteenth time, my hat is off to you, ma'am.

I hadn't heard the knife rape part, though, I don't think, and I've gotta know, since you brought it up...blade or handle? And how in *hell* did you explain the injuries at the hospital without this sick fuck ending up in jail?
Old 02-26-2004, 03:57 PM   #51
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
I hadn't heard the knife rape part, though, I don't think, and I've gotta know, since you brought it up...blade or handle? And how in *hell* did you explain the injuries at the hospital without this sick fuck ending up in jail?

Well, here goes. (I was 18 at the time.) The rest is graphic, so you're warned.

Blade end. I wasn't really aware of what was happening at first, other than I knew it *hurt*. Then I felt warm stickiness, and I couldn't figure out what the wetness was from. Had he came on me? It seemed like alot. Then I reached down and looked at my hand, and realized it was blood, and he was still doing it, but I had gone strangely numb. It still hurt, but it was more of a throbbing sensation now, instead of the sharp, tearing sensation it had been before.

When he was done, he left me on the bed and went out and watched some tv after mumbling to get up and make him some dinner. I tried to get up, but I was bleeding pretty heavily, so I went into the bathroom and got into the tub. Blood was running down my legs at a pretty alarming rate, and I remember checking to see if it was like...pulsing or bright red or anything. I was pretty sure there were no arteries in there. I ran some water and tried to put a tampon in to stop the bleeding, but it soaked through a super plus in like 2 minutes and pulling it out hurt *alot*, so I gave up on that.

I remember getting lightheaded, so I squatted down and passed out. I came to, grabbed a towel, and managed to get back in bed. Passed out again. He woke me up, telling me to get up and clean up the mess in the bathroom, and change the sheets on the bed. I told him I had to go to the hospital. He looked at me and said, "You won't make it out the door." I don't know if that meant because I'd pass out again, or because he wouldn't let me, but I assumed the latter. When I tried to get up the bleeding started all over again.

I laid back down and fell asleep. He left me alone and I pretty much slept for the next two days. I'd start bleeding again any time I moved (to go to the bathroom was pure hell) but it would settle down after awhile.

Didn't go to the doctor until I was pregnant with Bryan about 4 years later, and at my first "inspection", the doctor asked what had happened, and I told him briefly. He said that I'm damn lucky to be alive, and from what he could ascertain, I shouldn't be here.

So that's the long version of a 3 day period of my life. Betcha wished ya hadn't asked now, huh?
Old 02-26-2004, 04:17 PM   #52
Silent
Romanes Eunt Domus

I said it before, I'lll say it again. Fuck.

An ex of mine used to bring this up all the time and it strikes me now: What do 90% of the people who commit attrocities like this against others have in common? They're men.

I apologize for my sex. I know women can be every bit as nasty, but something like that just casts a wide net.
Silent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 04:29 PM   #53
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Nah, all men aren't bad, it's just that I happened to pick a really bad one.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:36 PM   #54
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
It's extremely easy to tell. Cranberry juice will be labeled "CRANBERRY JUICE". All others will be labeled "drink", "cocktail", or some other name such as "Sunny Delight".

Similarly, maple syrup will be labeled "MAPLE SYRUP". It's illegal to sell anything but 100% maple syrup otherwise.

The catch is that you wouldn't want to drink straight cranberry juice, unless I'm mistaken.
From what I understand, it keeps down the bacteria in your bladder and kidneys, but I could be wrong.

As far as pain, my threshold sucks big time. Having diabetic neuropathy doesn't help either (it makes one sensitive to heat, cold and pain). I totally despise needles of any kind, and the little sharp pains of the neuropathy drive me nuts!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:18 PM   #55
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
Nasty childbirth story ... not my own.

My friend watched the fetal monitor closely. The signs were getting worse.

The OB kept asking "can I cut? can I cut?"

My friend said "Yes, cut."

The only person, other than my friend, who knew that she was NOT anthesthetized was the gas-passer ... and he didn't know it until he saw the monitors go crazy.

As soon as the baby was out and declared healthy, he knocked her out with an IV sedative, though.

Yeah, women can take a lot more pain, if they have to.
Speaking as a Jewish male, I think a story like that can top the guilt meter. If anything, it can pretty much guarantee that she won't get stuck in a crappy nursing home.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:53 PM   #56
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i broke my pinky when i was 13
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:54 PM   #57
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

AWWWWWWWW... LG THATS TERRIBLE!

are you ok now though?
Old 02-26-2004, 08:00 PM   #58
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
i broke my pinky when i was 13
*cringing!!!!* Ugh, I can't imagine breaking any bones. I'd cry enough tears to fill the Grand Canyon if I did!!!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:01 PM   #59
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Sparkz
AWWWWWWWW... LG THATS TERRIBLE!

are you ok now though?
well, it's still a little sore when the weather changes....sniff sniff

-LumberGym
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:07 PM   #60
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

I remenber back in wood class at school we were given the lecture of safety on this sanding machine.

we were given a pamphlet where this girl's long hair was caught in the sander and the machine scalped her.

now THAT would be painful