The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

View Poll Results: Long, pompous, badly-written posts are:
Annoying 1 11.11%
Amusing 1 11.11%
What the voices in my head demand 3 33.33%
Cowboy Neal 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2001, 08:58 PM   #1
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Latest World Extremist Update

Recent events have been perplexing yet highly publicized, and yet how many truly understand the meaning of these events? Has anyone here the wit or the insight to penetrate the true meaning of these occurances? Here we will note, with turgidity unrelenting and a pompous reliance on the passive voice, a meaningless panoply of swill.

George W. Bush foolishly sends carrier battle groups to the Indian Ocean, and yet it is noted that the lemur population of Madagascar continues its precipitous decline. Is Pakistan to blame? It is hardly thought likely that the Pakistani government would countenance this decline in light of objections from PETA and other militant extremists. We must therefore conclude (as has been stated by me previously) that said decline may be attributed to an irrational reliance on foreign supplies of bauxite.

As was warned by me in Part II, Paragraph 3, Section 7-d of the post "Life After Lobotomy- Who Needs A Left Hemisphere?", France single-mindedly continues the production of both nuclear power on a large scale AND runny, stinky cheese that is unpalatable to the rest of the world. Both of these activities can be attributed to the efforts of reactionary elements in the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the aftermath of the Defenestration of Prague. Why do we not act? Love of cheese? Or an administration of right-wing militant extremists beholden to the international cheese lobby?

This serves only to strengthen the previously-made by me argument against the reopening of Reagan National airport. It is assumed that any associated supporting element effects a significant implementation of the preliminary qualification limit. To further describe and annotate, a constant flow of effective communication requires considerable systems analysis and trade-off studies to arrive at the postulated use of dialog management technology. Similarly, the product configuration baseline adds overriding performance constraints to the overall negative profitability. In particular, a large proportion of interface coordination communication necessitates that urgent consideration be applied to possible bidirectional logical relationship approaches. Interestingly enough, the independent functional principle presents extremely interesting challenges to the total system rationale. Thus, the product assurance architecture is further compounded when taking into account the evolution of specifications over a given time period. Further, the fully integrated test program adds explicit performance limits to any discrete configuration mode. This should be clear to anyone who reads the news.

Last week Bill Clinton was suspended from the bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, and yet there is no criticism on the Cellar of Ariel Sharon. NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquistion. Our chief weapon is surprise and fear. The warbling of the crested titmouse is clearly audible to those who will hear it.

All of this was predicted by me in previous posts. And yet there were some who dared to argue against the implementation of strict quarantine measures to prevent the spread of the virus. Some even dared to disagree with me! ME!!! This, plus appropriate prophylactic measures and a conscientiously followed program of good oral hygiene, would have allowed the British SAS, operating in 4-man teams, to prevent further contamination of the nesting site. It may already be too late.

Interesting to note that, despite the obvious twin dangers of religious extremism and jet-powered aircraft, well-known Scientologist John Travolta continues to pilot his privately owned Boeing 727 without government oversight. Coincidence? No! Orders from Commander Zeep. The salad fork waits. Frying the left filter ice cube neon. Blue garbage can in utero with mayonnaise.

Qewrj ejesfalj jje asdjj adgvcmncp pefasf'djacjg jssdfklsdjvc gjsdfglskdjf dd ssrporqe9df vvljv gjdsf gjc 00fdsao iPP jds sfjdskjl qwecmvnew gadsj ppppppppppppppppppp.
Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 09:39 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

*rofl*

How long did it take you to come up with that? Or did that just come off the top of your head?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 09:47 AM   #3
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

this looks like it took some work.

~Mike
Old 10-08-2001, 12:35 PM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

Hubris misses the point again... the stinky cheese lobby consisting of MBA extremists has obviously assisted in the seizure of power by Ariel Sharon a noted cheese eater and green eyed forest products hypocrit who obviously precipitated the decline of the american chestnut followed by the introduction of ASIAN genes into the trees unseen due to the forest which brings us out of necessity to net wood IMPORTER Tawain and the conspiracy of feng sui the real cause of the boxer rebellion which was the placement of french embassy doors at the bottom of a stairwell which was somehow left out of our textbooks even though it obviously caused a young Charlton Heston to subvert an animal rights script for the purposes of indoctrinating impressionable young people by apeing the extremist ideology of Paine and Jefferson without conclusively proving that soylent green was in fact people.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 02:22 PM   #5
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You're all missing the point. "Unpalatable to the rest of the world"??? How could you personally have made inquiries into the tastes of each and every culture around the world? The rest of your points depend so heavily on this one statement and yet it is completely bogus. I can only assume that you have no interest in determining truth and that your entire existence is a bald-faced, bare-assed LIE.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 03:28 PM   #6
Griff
still says videotape

I have something better than first hand experience. I have the New York Times. If you cared a whit for humanity you would submit your small mind to the superior intellect of the grey ladies' editorial board and give up your narrow interest for the greater good.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 12:37 AM   #7
jaguar
whig

Excuse me i happen to like that cheese.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:58 AM   #8
dave

This was always one of my favorite posts on the Cellar. I thought some other people might get a chuckle out of reading it (again).
Old 05-08-2002, 01:31 PM   #9
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
the superior intellect of the grey ladies' editorial board
"Gray Lady's"

Singular posessive. :-)

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 07:29 PM   #10
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Lucas Helder is better at writing about this stuff:
http://www.badgerherald.com/vnews/di.../3cd878216a4b7
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 08:26 PM   #11
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieL

"Gray Lady's"

Singular posessive. :-)

Ow, quit it.
Old 05-08-2002, 10:28 PM   #12
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Quote:
Originally posted by dhamsaic
This was always one of my favorite posts on the Cellar.
*scuffs a toe in the dust and looks embarassed*

Well shucks, Dave, yer makin' me blush. There's nothing finer than the appreciation of one's peers.

I should admit, though, that the initial post isn't completely original. The 4th paragraph was written by a very small Perl script. (I helped write the script, though. Does that count?)
Old 04-05-2003, 10:43 AM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I should admit, though, that the initial post isn't completely original.
Don't matter if you kill it or steal it. Bring it back to the den and you get credit!
Old 06-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #14
Ibby
erika

Looking at this, I notice something.

No mention of mental midgets.

New vocabulary?

(WOW this is one hell of a bump... that's what happens when you join a forum that has six years of archives I guess...)
Old 06-13-2006, 11:23 PM   #15
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Prague defenestrated? WHAT? Are they all running Linux?