The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Pangloss62
Lecturer

IT'S NOT FUNNY!

It's always been annoying, but now especially so, when it's nothing but death and more death in Iraq, of both civillians and American military personel, that Bush can continue to affect that stupid smirk when he's addressing the topic. Today it was almost a goddamn smile. What on earth could be remotely funny or positive about what's gone on, going on, and will likely continue to go on, in Iraq? Every time he does it I get palpably furious. STOP SMIRKING!! THERE IS NOTHING FUNNY GOING ON HERE!!

If I were a family member of any of the deceased, I would throttle this fucker.

And sure, finding Bush rhetorical boners is like shooting fish in a barrel, but this guy is out to lunch:

"I also -- one of the interesting things about this experience is that there's a lot of ideas and a lot of opinions. And I want to make sure I hear from as many of those ideas and opinions as possible."

Yeah, this whole WTF is going on in Iraq at this point is "really interesting." Tragic? Rediculous? Absurd? No, it's "really interesting."

And it's great to know that W wants to hear from those "ideas" and "opinions" so we can continue to fight this war on "terror."

WTF!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
rkzenrage

Because he is an ass and his family is making an INSANE amount of jack off of it... so, to him, it is a great thing because he does not care about anything else.
If he did, his actions would be different.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Quote:
Because he is an ass and his family is making an INSANE amount of jack off of it... so, to him, it is a great thing because he does not care about anything else. If he did, his actions would be different.
It can't be as simple as that. What kind of "jack" are they making? I'm confused. Do you mean money? He has stock in Halliburton and Tyco? Like he needs more "Jack?" I'll agree that he is an ass, but I truly think he is nuts, actually dellusional.

But this does beg the question: What, exactly, does he "care" about? That's a hard question to answer, at least that's what I think.

You having a good "season," zenrage?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss62
"I also -- one of the interesting things about this experience is that there's a lot of ideas and a lot of opinions. And I want to make sure I hear from as many of those ideas and opinions as possible."
Yesterday, after he announced that Bush will not be making any announcements about the course of action in Iraq until January, Tony Snow said something to the effect of, don't put too much stock in the Iraq Study.

That and Bush's quote give the strong impression that he has little intention of changing the course any time soon. Seems like he's just stalling, until they make up something else to try to distract us.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He said he doesn't know what year he'll finish reading it. That tells me he's not interested in making any changes to his policy.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:33 AM   #6
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Do they really expect us to believe that he is not drinking?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:51 AM   #7
rkzenrage

Do you think "they" give a shit?

Pan: Stuff is stuff. Been better, been worse. Thanks for asking, bout' you?
Old 12-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #8
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Stuff is Stuff

Quote:
Pan: Stuff is stuff. Been better, been worse. Thanks for asking, bout' you?
I'm OK>

I went to a cocktail party last night; pretty fun, nice condo, nice view, good people.

I'm not big on this whole Christmas thing, but I'll survive.

OK, off to buy some used LPs....
Old 12-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
Gleep
Bibliophile

Location: I have the great misfortune to be currently residing in Greeley, CO, USA.
I used to think Bush was just a complete idiot. I figured he was so incredibly stupid that he didn't even realize how much he was hurting this country. His stupid grins and his complete inability to speak intelligently were just two more aspects of his depressingly low IQ.

And then he got re-elected. Re-elected!!! So now I'm not so sure. Is he only acting like an idiot because he can? Is he in reality just so callus and stubborn that he will continue a war indefinitely, even when there are so many objections and reasons to end it, simply because it gives him far more power than he deserves? He holds the threat of 'terrorism' over the people he is supposed to be serving so that he can walk all over civil rights and attempt to force stupid conservative christian 'values' into laws.

I almost hope that the latter is true...that he is a dictator waiting to happen. Because if he isn't--if he really is the complete dunce that he looks like--what does that say about the American public that we elected him twice? It's sadly more comforting to think that Bush is power-hungry than to think that my fellow Americans are so apathetic and/or stupid that they have no problem letting an idiot run the country.
Gleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Gleep, you left out the possibility he's a puppet. Just doing what he's told....uh, advised, by Dad's friends.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #11
Gleep
Bibliophile

Location: I have the great misfortune to be currently residing in Greeley, CO, USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Gleep, you left out the possibility he's a puppet. Just doing what he's told....uh, advised, by Dad's friends.

True. I somehow failed to think of that possiblity while I was writing, although I know I've complained about him being a puppet before. That's what I get for being too focused on thinking of people as stupid.

The puppet theory is probably the closest to the truth. Although I might add, if he's just doing what he's told, then he's still an idiot.
Gleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #12
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

They gave us "The Kennebunkport Candidate" for this generation, even more terrifying than The Manchurian Candidate was in 1962.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:38 PM   #13
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

His smirk annoys me too pangloss but I am happy you got in a party!

What used LPs did you buy??? and do you mean those ole vinyl albums??
It would be fun to get one of those retro players to play a LP on.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote