The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Website content

So there's this website based around a kids' program that my son really loves. It's no longer on the air, but joy of joys, they have all 80-some-odd episodes of the program hosted on the website in .wmv format. The thing is, I'm terrified that they will take the site down eventually, since the show is off the air and getting older by the day.

I want to save the content locally so I will have it forever--ideally, the whole site, but I'd be happy with just the movie files.

I managed to find the actual address of each video, as opposed to the java html page that loads it, and they're in the format mms://[IP address]/ep01.wmv. But all I know how to do is right-click Save Target As... and I don't know how to do that without an actual link to click on. But none of the content appears to be protected or locked as far as I can tell.

Is this possible? I would think if I can access the content from my machine I should also be able to make a copy of it, right? I can post or PM the actual site address if that will help.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote