Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #2281
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

sorry monster, we can't help it...we are still in the honeymoon state. LOL
Old 01-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #2282
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell nutkin View Post
When I was in school I turned a bunch of Lignum Vitae on the lathe (that's where guaifenesin comes from - Lignum Vitae, not lathes) and after breathing in a few lungfulls of that dust I can say it works quite well as an inhalant.
I never knew that. So what were you making on the lathe? I've only heard of that wood when wood plane bodies are discussed.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #2283
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
I'm 10 42. Gotta get to the office early in am. Careful out there. Love......
10 42?

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #2284
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
10 42?
See here
Old 01-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #2285
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sainsbury's in town is obviously suffering from the situation on the roads here. No probs to me as I always walk there... There was a lot of discounted stock today.

So I bought myself a ready meal for tonight. After debating a choice of three, I checked the Cottage Pie to make sure it would cook from frozen (in case I changed my mind and wanted to freeze it) and went for that one.

Bloody thing's only got a side of cauliflower cheese! B.L.E.U.R.G.H!
WHY? Why would you have cauliflower cheese with cottage pie?
So I can't eat it. It's too grim. Giving it to Grandad instead.

I mean it's not like I'm going to starve.
It's just the general feeling of self-pity I get when a treat turns out wrong.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #2286
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Bloody thing's only got a side of cauliflower cheese! B.L.E.U.R.G.H!
WHY? Why would you have cauliflower cheese with cottage pie?
So I can't eat it. It's too grim. Giving it to Grandad instead.
So. I'm guessing not a fan of cauliflower. That's a bummer. I know what you mean about having your mouth all set for something. I think I might have eaten the pie and just pitched the cauliflower.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #2287
Cloud

stupid other forum
Old 01-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #2288
Pie
Gone and done

Tennis elbow. And a mildly pinched nerve in my neck.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #2289
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I slog thru the ice and snow and find my prof has cancelled class!! dammmit!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #2290
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Went into town and picked up my prescription. restocked on both my inhalers, some bath emollient, hydroxizine choride tablets, hydrous ointment, hydrocortisone 1% for my face and supposedly betamethasone valearate for the rest of my body. Except when I got back the betamethasone wasn't in the bag This was the thing I needed most. I really, really wanted to get a couple of days in using it to clear up a bad flare before I go down to London on Monday. Don't want to be uncomfortable and scritchety/sore on a long train journey. Am waiting for the surgery to call me back and crossing my fingers that i can go pick it up tomorrow morning.

But it's irritating me, because all the way home from town, I was thinking about having a long bath and then putting the stuff on, because I am so bloody sore right now. Gonna have to use up the little tube of hydrocortisone as a stop-gap measure. Not nearly as effective, but better than nowt.

[eta] surgery just called I can go into town tomorrow morning and pick some up. Am very relieved about that. Really didn't want to end up without it all next week! Hydrocortisone will help some tonight. That and the hydroxizine, should make me feel somewhat more human :P

Last edited by DanaC; 01-08-2010 at 12:09 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #2291
Juniper
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
I slog thru the ice and snow and find my prof has cancelled class!! dammmit!
Oh, I hear ya. I have 2 classes MWF. One canceled, the other didn't. I e-mailed *and* tried calling the prof to find out, but alas, I had to be there. Here. I mean I'm here now. In Rike.

Was that the alien-head dude who did that to you, Bri?

Oh and, btw, my 1:30 class is in the same room we had his class in last quarter.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #2292
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Went into town and picked up my prescription. restocked on both my inhalers, some bath emollient, hydroxizine choride tablets, hydrous ointment, hydrocortisone 1% for my face and supposedly betamethasone valearate for the rest of my body. Except when I got back the betamethasone wasn't in the bag This was the thing I needed most. I really, really wanted to get a couple of days in using it to clear up a bad flare before I go down to London on Monday. Don't want to be uncomfortable and scritchety/sore on a long train journey. Am waiting for the surgery to call me back and crossing my fingers that i can go pick it up tomorrow morning.

But it's irritating me, because all the way home from town, I was thinking about having a long bath and then putting the stuff on, because I am so bloody sore right now. Gonna have to use up the little tube of hydrocortisone as a stop-gap measure. Not nearly as effective, but better than nowt.
I stopped into a pharmacy the other day just for greatly needed toilet paper. I paid for everything, and left the store with everything but the TP. Unlike your situation; I was the blooming idiot. That really burned me up considering how much I spent there on all the items, and continued to walk out without what I actually went there for.

Sorry about your flare up Dana, I forgot about your skin condition. I wish you relief!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #2293
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Thanks Cic! Fair do's though, i think this one I brought on myself :P The excesses of Christmas and New Year have caught up with me. I'm not drinking any alcohol now for a bit. Or eating eggs! (went on a bit of a fry-fest over the Christmas season).
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #2294
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
Oh, I hear ya. I have 2 classes MWF. One canceled, the other didn't. I e-mailed *and* tried calling the prof to find out, but alas, I had to be there. Here. I mean I'm here now. In Rike.

Was that the alien-head dude who did that to you, Bri?

Oh and, btw, my 1:30 class is in the same room we had his class in last quarter.
Hi! *waves at juni* Not the alien head dude, the rhetoric dude- a new dude. I'm getting ready for alien head right now. I'm in millet. I'll be in rike next for freaky hippie class.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #2295
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Pete (hi, Dar!) the trouble with cauliflower is its pungent scent. As it's a ready meal, it's all cooked together (just in separate compartments) so I don't trust it not to stink of the draded c. How much worse would that be? Going through the cooking and having to bin it?

Dani - glad it was sorted out in the end, but as it was their mistake you might have considered a complainy phone call. They should at least have delivered to your doctor's. After all the pharmacy is bound to be making trips out, as so many OAPs have their prescriptions delivered.

Sorry - just reread and it looks like you're picking up from your surgery anyway.

Tags
mild cheddar